main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good heavens- get trapped at work for a few days and miss this!

Yoda's alive, Awar's alive, Bant's alive, Obi-Wan's alive. Even warbler's alive...well you know what I mean.

2. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Cheers to those who survived.

Excellent, red_rose_knight - I'd say more, but everyone else has said it all already.

Just Jill

3. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002

Ditto to what she said¨^

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    padawanduck? yoda is alive yoda is alive *dances around in circles* ?? Happy hamster feet!

Sugar Bear? Bali need not have felt embarrassed. The apprentice may have been elsewhere when the walls began tumbling down, but he certainly showed his Jedi mettle by exhibiting grace under fire while protecting Padmé and reasoning with Anakin.

ObiLegolas? YODA LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so does Awar! Yay! At least one little bitty happy ending!!!! ??

Padawan Travina? Great post Red..so um when do we get to see Buckethead? ?? Before the story is over. Just two posts after today.

Jovieve? Glad to hear some good news rescues instead of bad news. ?? There is always some light even in the darkness.

naw ibo? Now onto tomorrow and Bant. ?? Up, shortly.

Sheila? I am going to be so sorry when this story is over Red. It has been a wild and wonderful ride. ?? Thanks! [face_blush]

PaddyJuan? and now, i suppose you are going to set our hot air balloon on fire. Sigh ?? You think I am so evil. [face_devil] Actually, I didn?t think about setting it on fire, I was just going to poke the balloon with a sharp stick.

ca tron? *talks through choked sobs* ?? :( Here?s some tissues.

Phoenix Reborn? I think that Bali's going to have many, many psychological scars...maybe more so than Obi-Wan. ?? That is a sad thought.

sinewa? thank you so much for sharing your hard work for us to enjoy. ?? Thank you for delurking and saying hi! :) ? but something tells me his solitude and guilt will prove quite an apt punishment for someone so reluctant to open their heart. ?? Hmmm?very interesting.

PadawanKitara? Yoda's alive, Awar's alive, Bant's alive, Obi-Wan's alive. Even warbler's alive...well you know what I mean. ?? Yay! See, I didn?t kill everyone. 8-}

Just Jill? Excellent, red_rose_knight - I'd say more, but everyone else has said it all already. ?? Oh, say it again. 8-}

Aquas Knight? Ditto to what she said¨^ ?? :)

Two posts after today and it is all wrapped up! Whew! :D A small break, catch up on some reading and I will be ready to start another twisted (but happy) tale. Thank you all for hanging with me through this wild roller coaster ride and I hope the last few posts please.

5. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of Grief

?We need more sterile bandages,? Bant barked as if an admiral on the bridge of a ship as she expertly navigated the narrow walkway of the makeshift infirmary. Pausing only briefly to make a note on a data pad, a thoughtful look came over her face, then it twisted into frustration as he spun about startling the young knight behind her. ?Where are those bacta tanks? They should have been here by now.?

?Seven hours out,? he quickly responded. ?One hour less than the last time you asked. They will be here,? he said firmly.

?Seven hours!? Bant half screamed then suddenly dropped to silence as several in the room jumped from her outburst. Nerves were desperately frayed and she was not helping with her tirades. They have had nearly a week to get in. How was she supposed to heal the multitude of injuries without bacta tanks? ?We need them now.?

The knight said plainly, ?The healing arts centers are filled up all throughout Coruscant. They have to ship tanks in from all over the Republic. Everyone is hurting.?

Bant closed her large eyes briefly then nodded, knowing it was the truth. ?Yes, yes, forgive me.?

The knight placed a tentative hand on the healer?s shoulder as if afraid she would brush it off, or worse, bite him for the gesture. ?You should take a break. You have been on your feet for hours and no one can keep up like you have. We are all hurting but we must tend to our own wounds before we can help others.?

?No. We are short of healers, I am needed.? She started to walk away but stopped and looked back at the young humanoid and tried to explain herself. ?I cannot stop. I don?t want to. I have to keep going.? Ignoring any attempt at argument, she returned to her rounds focusing on those she could save. She walked about the second infirmary where the less gravely injured Jedi had been clustered. Most of the other healers were working in the more intensive care area and she was left to watch over so many with younger healers and padawans working along side her.

The room had been a cafeteria of so long ago but over the centuries it had been relegated to little more than a storage chamber. The old items had been shifted elsewhere and now it was filled with the injured of both body and soul who could not continue the good fight for the time being.

Pausing near one of the cots that a young padawan lay on, Bant knelt and adjusted the blanket over the girl. Large yellow eyes opened and met hers. Pressing a hand to the girl?s forehead, the healer softly asked, ?How are you feeling??

?Better,? came the small voice.

?That?s good.?

?What will happen to us now?? the padawan asked never allowing her gaze to waver.

?We will survive. Go on.? At the girl?s sad smile, Bant patted her shoulder and rose. ?It will be all right,? the healer said even if inside she was uncertain, a part of her not wanting to go on without Liril. What kind of master was she if she could loose a padawan? Had she been more diligent she could have protected Liril.

Fighting back the tears, she rose, not wanting the girl to see she was crying. Turning, she stopped at the sight of a quiet figure in the middle of the narrow aisle. Sad silvery eyes blinked at the image of her friend standing there. He looked as if he should be strapped to one of the cots and not just there waiting for her.

The collected healer completely broke down as she rushed into the warmth of Obi-Wan?s arms. ?She?s gone. Liril. I couldn?t do anything for her. I couldn?t save her.? The Mon Cal wept as Obi-Wan wrapped her in protective arms. She felt him shift slightly but could not bring herself to pull away.

She did not need to worry though.

?It will be all right,? Obi-Wan crooned softly, holding his friend close as she buried her salmon colored face against the worn threads of his cloak.

?I couldn?t save her.? All the pent up emotions of the last few days overcame her as gripped desperately at the other Jedi?s cloak. So much had happened, so much lost including her own padawan. Her thoughts h

6. padawanduck

padawanduck Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    awwwwwwwwwwwwww

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh..crap.

:_| Usually, I'm inclined to save my sorrow for Obi, but today, Bant got a little. That was so, so sad, red.

The reaction is just as I would picture it for Bant: working so feverishly she is blocked, mostly, from her pain.

And Obi-Wan, offering his love and his arms, when he himself is on the verge of collapse.

:_|

Only two posts left?

**drowns in tears**

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :( Damn! I'm gonna miss this fic!

9. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Awww! poor Bant! She's so torn up over her padawan's death. :_| Glad Obi was there to offer her a little bit of comfort! I love the dry humor at the end! But I'm still wondering about Qui-gon. Did he survive or was he killed?

Touching post!

10. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

A moving post, RRK! It glowed from Obi-Wan's consoling comfort and deep sympathy to his dear friend, Bant.

Nice touch, when Obi wisely reiterated the desolate healer's own sound advice back to her about accepting and enduring the heartbreaking injustices of life.

Bant's smart retort happily reassured that she'll be okay.

11. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Very moving post, Red. You can just feel Bant's frantic-ness to save others as she was unable to save Liril. But of course, it doesn't ease the pain of her loss that she is fighting down.

Just be there for her, Obi-Wan. Like she was for you.

12. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    The little troll is alive! :)....

?Stupid advice.?

?Well, someone very smart once said it.?

:_| Awwwwwwwww
    *sniff, sniff* I knew I would need my box of tissues.

Only two more posts left! :_|

13. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I can't believe it, this saga is really wrapping up. How long has it been? A year and a half? It's been both maddeningly long, in wanting to find out what happens next and woefully short, in that it is hard to believe it is almost over.

Have to reiterate what Jovieve said, you've done a wonderful job conveying Bant's franticness to both keep her own mind from dwelling on the pain of her loss and to save others as she couldn't save her own padawan. Her breakdown on Obi-Wan's shoulders was really heartbreaking but it sounds like she will be able to, in fact, go on though it won't be easy.

14. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Heartbreaking post Red. Almost as heartbreaking as the fact that there are only two posts left to this incredible story! :_|

** runs off thread looking for tissues **

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Obi is just what Bant needs.

Red, I have really enjoyed this story, and whatever you do next, please make sure you let me (and I'll guess everyone else here also) know when you start posting your next story.

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    :( :( :_| :_|

Poor Bant... I'm glad she still has Obi at least.

2 posts?

*pulls The Wedding-cake-size humble pie out of the oven*

*waits for it to cool*

It's for Buckethead.

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  18. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *sits amidst a pile of tissues wiping away flood*

*sniff, sniff :_|*

reads message part - :eek: only 2 posts left :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am sooooo gonna miss this story red. I don't suppose you have a copy of it in its entirety (the whole series I mean) that we can download and keep forever, do you? *looks at red with sad hopeful Wookiee eyes swimming in tears*

19. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Flash -

red_rose_knight might not, but with her permission, I've been copying each post diligently as they come out... I might be persuaded to send you the whole trilogy...

Excellent post! The scene with Bant, where Obi-Wan finally is allowed to pay her back for the care and love she's showed him all this time was absolutely wonderful. And long over due. [face_devil]

Just Jill

20. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    :_|
    That was sooo sad!
    *drowns in her own tears*

21. Aquas_Knight

Jan 12, 2002
    Bants reacton is so very real after lost som one dear.Splendid done.
    Two more post well it must end sometime
    but it dont stop me from being sad to see this fantastic saga to end.
    Really looking forward for you
    next story.

22. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    padawanduck? awwwwwwwwwwwwww ?? :)

LuEwan? Usually, I'm inclined to save my sorrow for Obi, but today, Bant got a little. ?? Bant needs some after the time she has recently had.

obi ew? Damn! I'm gonna miss this fic! ?? :( Sorry!

ObiLegolas? But I'm still wondering about Qui-gon. Did he survive or was he killed? ?? Hang on, you will know soon enough.

Sugar Bear? Bant's smart retort happily reassured that she'll be okay. ?? She will bounce back, it just seems to be her personality.

Jovieve? Just be there for her, Obi-Wan. Like she was for you. ?? Obi-Wan could not do any less.

Psycho Freak? *sniff, sniff* I knew I would need my box of tissues. ?? I think the hardest posts are over. :( But I wouldn?t put up the tissue box yet.

naw ibo? I can't believe it, this saga is really wrapping up. How long has it been? A year and a half? ?? [face_shocked] Has it really been that long? Ugh. I know I really don?t feel like I am at the end but I know these are the last posts to this story. I wonder what I am going to do on Monday without anything to write for posting?

Sheila? Almost as heartbreaking as the fact that there are only two posts left to this incredible story! ?? :) Shocking isn?t it? I can?t believe it is almost over.

PaddyJuan? Red, I have really enjoyed this story, and whatever you do next, please make sure you let me (and I'll guess everyone else here also) know when you start posting your next story. ?? Aw, darn, I liked sneaking onto the boards. 8-} Then watching everyone come in a little surprised and daze. :)

Phoenix Reborn? *pulls The Wedding-cake-size humble pie out of the oven* ? *waits for it to cool* ? It's for Buckethead. ?? Hopeful, aren?t you.

PadawanKItara? *sniffle* ?? :_| It?s almost over! Hang on.

Flashbacca? I don't suppose you have a copy of it in its entirety (the whole series I mean) that we can download and keep forever, do you? *looks at red with sad hopeful Wookiee eyes swimming in tears* ?? I plan on putting on a webpage soon. (Don?t know how soon.) AUP and TLTP are currently a formatting mess and I am going to go back and fix it so if you want to be patient you email me (link in my profile) I?ll send you word files when I get them fixed. :D

Just Jill? I've been copying each post diligently as they come out... I might be persuaded to send you the whole trilogy... ?? Boy, you have been diligent! Wow. Maybe if the Wookiee offers up a box of chocolate Obis? [face_Silly]

ca tron? That was sooo sad! *drowns in her own tears* ?? Throws out a floaty ring. Hang on to this until the tears subside!

Aquas Knight? but it dont stop me from being sad to see this fantastic saga to end. ?? [face_blush] Thanks!

I hope you enjoy?

23. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of the Last Day

In the seven years since the temple fall, much had changed and yet, very little really had. The rubble of the great temple had been completely removed leaving only the ancient Bendu Temple that sat in the midst of a great crater that scarred the side of the city planet.

Once the debris of the fallen city levels had been cleaned up and repaired, a great valley had been created to cradle the temple allowing it to exist much as it had once many millennia ago.

In the recently anointed Mon?Ari Valley, where the golden figure of the ancient Jedi master watched over, new units had been built in the same style of the old temple, connected by simple passageways creating a new complex. The re-envisioned healing center, additional housing and meditative chambers swung out like great wings from the edges of the original structure. A short protective wall encircled the reborn Jedi center just like it once had when the ancient monks walked the grounds.

From within the walls built from the myriad of stone recovered from the fallen temple, a great garden filled with vegetation from many of the worlds within the Republic flourished. The Bendu was vastly smaller than the great temple so it could not house the variety of meditative gardens. So, like the monks before, the outdoor garden was one of great fondness for many Jedi who had taken on an honorary position of tending to the various examples of vegetation. Deep in the valley, they were protected from the noise and distractions of the surrounding city making it an excellent place to commune with the Force.

Under a wide canopy of an old yarel tree that had been transplanted from Naboo, Obi-Wan Kenobi knelt in silent meditation. Warm sunlight cascaded through the thick golden leaves of the tree, dancing lightly over the Jedi?s still form. The golden light warmed chilled bones and fingers entwined to battle the constant tremble of exhaustion.

For Obi-Wan, this day was like most days, calm and filled with the simple joy of life. He relished his time in the garden, listening to the kaari birds that had taken up residence singing their beautiful songs.

Since Bali?s knighting, just over a year ago, the quiet master had grown wearier with each passing day. The silver in his hair threatened to engulf the ginger strands and his need for rest to rebuild his waning strength took up so much of his day that the few hours he was functional, Obi-Wan tried to make the best of them.

Without a padawan to drive him throughout the day, he had begun to retreat, lacking a purpose. Luckily, for the constant and intense prodding by a certain well meaning but annoying healer, he accepted new challenges. Such as the required midmorning tea with Bant when she wasn?t busy instructing her young padawan, Mian.

Each morning was usually rounded out with time spent researching and working in the re-established archives. It had taken time but the protected archives stationed around the galaxy were duplicated to create the master archive once more. Obi-Wan had found his time among the records calming.

In his time in the new temple archives, he had discovered tales of ancient Jedi that he never knew existed. With a great deal of prompting, he too submitted his story of the temple fall. It had been greatly expressed to him, that as the Jedi on the outside, his story was just as important as that of those who had survived the crumbling structure. After all, he was the Jedi who fought the Sith lord responsible for the destruction.

Obi-Wan had earned a notoriety that he wished not to possess. His actions against Palpatine were an act of desperation to save his home and family and to protect his padawan. Had anyone else been in his position, they too would have done the same.

Middle of the day was spent meditating and resting before facing a small class of younglings in calming their minds. It seemed important to step into the teaching void left by Master Yoda?s death two years before. While it had been difficult, in time, he had earned

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :( You did it anyway! Beautifully written but how can you kill Obi!? :_|

25. Aquas_Knight

Jan 12, 2002
    :( :_|
    I was just waitng for this to happen. But you did this somehowe very beautiful and heart-breaking .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.