main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbo72

timbo72 Jedi Master

Mar 12, 2002
    Red,

I think I've only posted on the board once or twice before, so it takes a lot to bring me out of lurkdom. That being said, I have to tell you how much I've enjoyed The Book of Paths so far. It ranks in the top 5 fanfic series I've ever read, hands down, in any fandom. I hadn't expected you to start posting The Chosen Path this early. I'm obviously delighted that you found yourself ready to go ahead of schedule.

Thanks for such excellent fiction, and if you ever publish a non-fandom story please let us all know so we can check it out.

Sincerely,

Timbo72

2. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Trust me?you?ll be ranting away in no time.

This worries me for some reason. ;)

3. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    yaaaaaaaaaaay, another post.....

:D happy wookiee dance :D

uhoh, Ani, you have some 'splainin to do... snort, giggle I've always wanted to say that.. [face_laugh]

I am really glad that Amidala has awakened and is smelling the coffee ... :p

Nice, red. I am wriggling with excitement for more..

:D TW

4. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Hee hee hee...

I have to admit, she asked for it. But I want to see the secrets she's got, and I want to know what's up with Obi-Wan!

Please? Soon?

Just Jill

5. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Ah, Ani and Padme, the honeymoon's over.

Hmph. Knew that was a car wreck waiting to happen.

Padme's got something up her sleeve or in the oven, one of the two.

We will see.

So love your posts Red.

6. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    What if he was the sweetest, most wonderful guy in the story, would you like him any better?

Maybe a tiny bit better, but probably not since he's still in the same story as Obi-Wan. :D

7. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Jovieve "Padme's got something up her sleeve or in the oven, one of the two."

I had a fleeting sense of that too. So soon you think? Hmm...

Eeekkk!!!! Ani is scary!

WE NEED OBI!!!!!!!!! Come on RRK!! I want to know how bad off he is. -Rogue

8. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Great post, RRK! The tension between Anakin and Padme was almost palpable. I feel sorry for the young Senator, but I admire her strength and courage.

9. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Great post, RRK!

I can really feel for Padme- Anakin's strange behavior probably wasn't in the marriage contract... :D

I can't express how exciting it is to be able to look forward to reading posts from this story... I'm gonna have to get used to checking my fanfic stories for posts every day again... ;)

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is a pleasure indeed. I'm really looking forward to your take on How This All Happens.....

11. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Red you just made my weekend! I haven't checked up on any of my fics for a week now, and the first thing I see when I log on is your story! YEA!

Bali's all grown up! Poor Padme, she doesn't know what to expect. Not the only one with secrets? hmmmmm...

I'm a magnet, you can't get rid of me now!

~*Nik*~

12. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Padawan_Travina? were is Qui-Gon?

You will see in a few days what everyone?s favorite gray haired master is up too?

timbo72? I have to tell you how much I've enjoyed The Book of Paths so far.

Thank you! :) You don?t know how much I appreciate hearing from readers.

naw ibo-- Trust me?you?ll be ranting away in no time.

This worries me for some reason.

:D

Flashbacca? I am wriggling with excitement for more..

I?ll have another up later this afternoon. I won?t say it will answer questions, probably give you more.

Just_Jill? But I want to see the secrets she's got, and I want to know what's up with Obi-Wan!

Well you will get answers to one but not the other. Some things will take time to unfold.

Jovieve? Padme's got something up her sleeve or in the oven, one of the two.

Yup.

Cicci? Maybe a tiny bit better, but probably not since he's still in the same story as Obi-Wan.

Yeah, that would be difficult, but who knows, he might redeem himself. Or maybe not.

ROGUE_49? I had a fleeting sense of that too. So soon you think? Hmm...

Well, it has been six years since Anakin dropped Qui-Gon and the Order to run off with Padmé.

Arwyn_Whitesun? I feel sorry for the young Senator, but I admire her strength and courage.

She will need it before all is said and done.

Halcyon03? I'm gonna have to get used to checking my fanfic stories for posts every day again...

I know, it will be difficult but I think you can handle it. 8-} [face_laughed]

geo3? I'm really looking forward to your take on How This All Happens.....

Hope it doesn?t disappoint.

Nikita? Bali's all grown up!

Not a cute little boy anymore. Of course, I suppose you could live with the handsome youth image.

There will be a post later on this afternoon.

13. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Well, it has been six years since Anakin dropped Qui-Gon and the Order to run off with Padmé.

:_| Of course you're right. It just seems like only yesterday that The little Brat was beating up on our poor, innocent, adorable, loveable, cute, Obi-loving Bali!
    :_| They grow up too fast! :_|

Wait! Did I hear a post this afternoon. No surprise I suppose, but it's still exciting to anticipate. :D No more tears!

-Rogue

14. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    A weekend post!? Be still my heart.

--dparis

15. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh, man! And I won't get to see it until tomorrow!

Sigh. Such is life.

Just Jill

16. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    Poor Padme. Can't wait for your next post and hopefully some more Obi-Wan and Bali? :)

17. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    ROGUE_49? It just seems like only yesterday that The little Brat was beating up on our poor, innocent, adorable, loveable, cute, Obi-loving Bali!

Things may not be that different now but they are older.

dparis? A weekend post!? Be still my heart.

I?m usually pretty good about posting everyday. Almost.

Just_Jill? Oh, man! And I won't get to see it until tomorrow!

Sorry! Just think you won?t have to wait as long after reading this post and the next.

cristalvandepool? Can't wait for your next post and hopefully some more Obi-Wan and Bali?

Well then you are in luck for we see Obi-Wan and Bali today.

If I haven?t thanked you all lately?THANK YOU lovely reading people. :)

18. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of the Insubordinate Padawan

?Respectfully, I disagree, Master,? the nineteen-year-old apprentice adamantly replied as he slowed his gait just enough to keep in his proper place at his master?s side.

Obi-Wan glanced over at the youth and quirked a ginger eyebrow. Gracefully his pale blue gaze turned back to the stretch of hall that lay before them. He wearily tugged at his cloak for warmth.

Bali sighed while looking about and causing his long padawan braid to twist over his shoulder. The blue, red and white markers were stark against the rich brown of his cloak. Pulling his hand free of the billowing sleeves, he reached up and tugged lightly on the ginger strands of the flame tip.

He studied the calm presence of his master before noting the two Kahier patrolling the corridor, Bali nodded at them with a gentle smile, which was easily returned, even if smiling was not normally an Itherian facial expression. In the year he had lived among the Itherian?s he had learned much about their ancient race especially not to underestimate the willowy figures. The Kahier may have been fierce warriors but they understood they must adapt to survive in the changing galaxy.

The two Jedi arrived to the struggling world expecting resentment. After all, Coruscant had not suffered as Itheria had. Shipments of goods arrived by the thousands daily.

Unlike the galactic seat that seemed to thrive because of the war trade, the Jedi?s numbers dwindled during the years of battle. They had been targets, hunted and murdered by the secessionists and even members of the Republic.

The Itherians understood because the Jedi were welcomed into the Kahier training facility not only as fellow warriors but also as survivors of the civil war even though they had come to help the Kahier learn to guard against new threats to Itheria and the Republic as a whole.

When they were at a good distance from the two Kahier, but not out of earshot, which was truly impossible because Itherians had highly sensitive hearing, Bali continued his argument. ?But Master??

?No,? Obi-Wan said evenly.

?You are being difficult again.?

Obi-Wan spun about to face Bali, ?And you are being insubordinate, my very young padawan learner.?

The apprentice breathed heavily through his nose before humbly nodding. ?Forgive me, Master.?

The older Jedi folded his arms into the sleeves of his cloak again. ?You would not have to keep asking for forgiveness if you would just remember your place.?

?I am well aware of my place,? Bali quickly returned. ?I am also aware that I am late for my knowledge trials. You can?t begrudge me that, Master.?

Obi-Wan frowned. ?Yes, I suppose I should encourage you in wanting to take a test.?

?Besides,? Bali grinned, ?Bant must be near comatose from boredom not having you to entertain her.?

Offering his padawan a withering look, Obi-Wan returned to the journey through the winding corridor. ?I am certain Bant has kept herself quite busy.?

?She has no one to argue with.?

?She has the entire Temple.?

At a doorway in one of the Kahier barracks, Obi-Wan stopped and palmed it open. The glowing opaque surface spiraled open allowing entrance into a small two-occupant cell.

Once inside the apartment weariness permeated everything about Obi-Wan?s movements. Under the bright white overhead lights, stark gray wisps frosted his ginger locks and beard. Lines were etched deep into the flesh around his pale eyes. After only a few steps, he faltered no longer able to maintain the charade.

Lightning quick reflexes allowed Bali to catch the older Jedi?s arm. Sometimes Obi-Wan accepted the aid; sometimes he shrugged it off. At this moment, the youth was glad when his master took the offered support.

?You are wearing yourself too thin, Master.?

?I just need to meditate for a short while.?

?Of course.? Bali guided Obi-Wan to a nearby chair that his master had shown a fondness for. ?These last few days have been strenuous for us all. Now that the celebration is ove

19. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I most definitely agree with Bali - Obi should not wear himself down so. He has taken a lot of punches and I'm afraid he hasn't taken his last yet... :(

Wonderful post. I love Bali this age. But he was wonderful as a little kid too. I guess I'm just completely in love with him as a character, no matter what age.

20. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Awww :( Listen to Bali.

We finally see the real condition of Obi-Wan. And I got a feeling that's not all that is wrong with him.

At the begining of the post I was thinking, 'he doesn't look too bad'. I spoke too soon. [face_plain]

He wearily tugged at his cloak for warmth. For some bizarre reason I missed that. ?[face_plain]

21. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    So do I get to be the first one to respond? I guess I'll know in a minute. :)

You certainly haven't lost your ability to imbue a fanfiction with the moods of the scenes being presented, during the "hiatus". :) Bali's youth and energy comes through clearly as does Obi-Wan's weariness but that thread of caring and affection between them is strong. Some things never change no matter what the universe, padawans itching for their trials, masters trying to delay them a little bit longer. Poor Obi-Wan, he's been through too much in his relatively short life(I mean he's only 40), he needs to stop, as Bali said, spreading himself too thin. Of course I guess he wouldn't be Obi-Wan if he just did that without a fight would he? :)

Terrific post all around.

EDIT: Nope looks like I was too slow with the posting finger, third to respond. :)

Forgot to mention I just love the dialogue between them and loved the mention of Bant. "She has no one to argue with...She has the whole Temple." Also "So they can lock the doors...Let them try." LOL!

22. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    ?Let the Temple know we are coming.?

?So they can lock the doors and pretend no one is home??

That one was so funny--a perfect example of how a Master/Padawan relationship should be.

Poor Obi-Wan! One of the first things I noticed is that characteristic tightening of his cloak--he's still cold. Hopefully, we'll see the side-effects of his impromptu healing of Bali in TLTP.

23. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Indeed Bali is rite.. Obi-Wan should not be doing so to himself...

o wait a second that sounded a lil too sophisticated for my likeings... ack look wat this writing has done! Mind you that isn't such a bad thing... :p

Great chap, can't wait for more.

Till Later~
    Siri

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :( I'm so glad the two of them are back.I really missed these daily posts Red! :)

25. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Lovely post, RRK. I loved the interaction between the two especially. Just the right blend of respect and affection. Daily posts, eh? Wonderful. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.