The Book of Paths: The Chosen Path (AU/Tagged) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    ?So they can lock the doors and pretend no one is home?? the apprentice happily teased as he leapt to his feet.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can just picture Mace barging out of the Council Room upon hearing the news and proceeding to scurry around barking orders. "SEAL THE DOORS!!!" hehehehehe!

OK- I'm happy to see that Obi-wan has enough strength to act normal at times. We can't know yet how bad he can get, but at least we know that he's not a total vegetable. These scenes of weakness for Obi-wan adds additional innocence and realism to his character. It also gives us an opportunity to see some mush [face_love] between Bali and his Master. I can't wait for some Bant mush when they finally get back.

I'm guessing that Obi-wan is still adverse to going back because of Qui- the big dummy- and I liked how Bali knew it. I wonder how much he really knows about their whole falling out, though it's obvious that he recognizes the dislike (hmm... not harsh enough a word perhaps) between the two.

Oh my goodness! I just realized something! Anakin has already been kicked out!! What is Qui doing with himself! It all just happened so fast and I never gave Qui a second thought until now. Where has my head been?? Oh yeah- probably down on the floor where I left my jaw at the end of the post. Anyways- Qui must be pretty ticked to have discovered that Obi was right- unless he's still blind to the Brat's true nature. I can't wait to see how he's handled this. Foot-note: There's a great fic up by Jedi_Princess_Solo written in collaboration with Kathryn called Shadows It could so be Episode 3. It all plays out just how you'd expect to see it on the screen. What I was getting at is that in that fic, you get to see Obi-wan and how he deals with the loss of Anakin. If you want to see, you'll have to read it, cause I'll get way too longwinded if I try to describe anything. I was just thinking how interesting it will be to compare how the great authors of both these stories when the two masters are so completely different, but it's the same exact situation. There's a thought. We should be thankful that Qui is around, otherwise Obi would be going through what he is right now.

I was going to note something else in the post,but I've forgotten so I'll come back later if I remember. Can't wait for a new post. :D -Rogue
  2. Princess Padme Jedi Knight

star 1
    I see I'm crawling in slightly late, as usual :) At least it's only the third post though, so I was able to catch up quite easily.

Wonderful posts so far Red. My heart is going out to Obi-Wan. All he's been through is really showing. The fact that he's putting on a charade of strength is all the more heartbreaking. At least he still keeps up the banter with Bant though (hmm, Bant, banter? Connection? :) ). He still has the same stubborness and spirit, which I hope is a good thing. The thing I worry about is how easily he's wearing himself out. Falling into a deep sleep so soon after he hit the chair? While it's something this insomniac wishes she could do, I doubt it's a good sign to his well being.
  3. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa.... I had resigned myself to a long wait until February, imagine my surprise, and delight, to find TCP already 3 posts deep.

Can't begin to describe how much I love Obi and Bali together, they are the perfect Master/Padawan team. The back scenes of Obi's recovery should be some real tear jerkers.... that is asuming we get to see Obi's recovery :D :D

I also can't wait to see what Qui-Gon has been up to, most likely still got his head in the clouds and can't see the forest for the trees.... he can be the most exasperating Jedi in fandom :mad:

Your Anakin posts even pull me in Red, and that is not an easy thing to do, it's good to see that Ami isn't totally blind as to what she has married.

Look forward to your daily posts, I can feel the addiction once again take hold of my being.... each afternoon the withdrawl symptons will start until I can get home and read you posts :D :D

BTW... hope all is still going well with your Mom, I continue to keep her in my prayers.
  4. Nikita Jedi Knight

star 3
    So Qui's gonna show up later eh? I'm one of those few people that hope Qui and Obi will end up friends in the end.

I like the older Bali's attitude too! He's respectful and caring towards Obi, and yet they're comfortable enough with each other to test the limits. It's such a heart warming picture.

Nice job Red... looking forward to tomorrow!

~*Nik*~
  5. Mysticshill Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great Post!

I'm relieved to see Obi-Wan acting normal, I was afraid he'd be seriously out of it mentally. I suppose he can be at times, but I'm glad he can be ok too.

Bali is so great, I love how he's so sweet. He seems like a really great guy. He really cares but isn't too submissive.

Looking forward to more, especially a few Obi/Qui confrontations.

See ya soon!
  6. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Great Post RRK...this is going to be another masterpiece :)

The posts showing the relationship between Obi-Wan and Bali as master/padawan are my favorite... More soon please!!!
  7. red rose knight Force Ghost

star 4
    Were you all just sitting around waiting the next post? Wow?

Cicci? Obi should not wear himself down so. He has taken a lot of punches and I'm afraid he hasn't taken his last yet...

That is so true but you know Obi-Wan it wouldn?t be him if he wasn?t putting up the good fight.

Psycho-Freak? We finally see the real condition of Obi-Wan. And I got a feeling that's not all that is wrong with him.

[face_shocked] He?s probably grumpy too.

naw ibo? I just love the dialogue between them

Finding a 19 year old Bali was almost the hardest part of the story. As soon as I got into the banter between he and Obi-Wan Bali just sort of clicked. He is definitely his master?s padawan.

Lady_Moonbeam? a perfect example of how a Master/Padawan relationship should be.

Just think what Qui-Gon will think after all his apprentice abandoned the Order when was 19.

Siri_Z? Great chap, can't wait for more.

:: singing :: Tomorrow! Tomorrow! See what you made me do? We?ll check in on Qui-Gon and see how life is tomorrow.

obi_ew? I really missed these daily posts Red!

I shall do my best to provide.

Arwyn_Whitesun? I loved the interaction between the two especially. Just the right blend of respect and affection.

Is that not the way a good master/padawan relationship should be? As for daily posts, yup, that?s the goal.

ROGUE_49? I can just picture Mace barging out of the Council Room upon hearing the news and proceeding to scurry around barking orders. "SEAL THE DOORS!!!" hehehehehe!

ROTFLMAO! Because you know trouble always happens when Obi-Wan is in the Temple.

Princess Padmé? At least it's only the third post though, so I was able to catch up quite easily.

The first three posts out of 60 or 70 (just guessing)? You definitely haven?t missed anything yet.

Falling into a deep sleep so soon after he hit the chair?

That is just one of several additions to his healing caused illness.

Kelly Kenobi? I had resigned myself to a long wait until February, imagine my surprise, and delight, to find TCP already 3 posts deep.

I like to keep everyone on their toes. :D

The back scenes of Obi's recovery should be some real tear jerkers.... that is asuming we get to see Obi's recovery

Yes there will be, you will probably see the first flashback within the next week.

hope all is still going well with your Mom

She?s doing really well. No radiation just medication. Of course now she can use her illness to get her way like talking Dad into going to restaurants he doesn?t like but she does because he wouldn?t deny his sick wife anything. 8-}

Nikita? So Qui's gonna show up later eh? I'm one of those few people that hope Qui and Obi will end up friends in the end.

It will be an interesting journey and you will see some interesting aspects of the characters you never knew before it is all over.

Mysticshill? Bali is so great, I love how he's so sweet. He seems like a really great guy. He really cares but isn't too submissive.

I figure Bali will never be a ?great? Jedi. He will never be among the best saber fighters even though he was trained by the best. He will never be top in diplomacy. I think though that Bali possesses one aspect that will carry him into knighthood and beyond. He has a spirit and determination not unlike his master.

Bekah_K? The posts showing the relationship between Obi-Wan and Bali as master/padawan are my favorite... More soon please!!!

There will be plenty of Obi-Wan/Bali interaction in the coming weeks.

You all just amaze me?
  8. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay Red, you drew me out. I only discovered fan fiction this summer and I have been avidly reading all the wonderful stories and trying to catch up. I got to read the first two books in your trilogy in their entirety without any wait. Truly wonderful stories. Cannot believe the depth of your original characters, puts the "official" SW writers to shame.

I have been lurking in the shadows but had to come out of hiding when I saw you post. I am happy to be here from the beginning for a change. So far this story is great (as expected). I will look forward to each post. Thanks for sharing your incredible talent with us. In truth, your talent shamed me into delurking. If feedback is the only payment you receive then feedback is what you should get.

Now if I could only figure out how to use the little faces, I love those. Sometimes they actually make me laugh outloud. Yes, I am easily amused.
  9. Jovieve Jedi Master

star 4
    Rogue49 -

You read my mind. I, too wondered why Obi-Wan would be averse to going back to the Temple?

Because of Qui-Gon? STILL? After all these years? Damn, how Obi-Wan must love that foolish old man to still feel such pain from his actions!

Young Bali was sweet, nineteen year old Bali is delectable - especially if he looks like Obi-Wan! ;)

However, 40 year old Obi-Wan is still my main squeeze and don't you just want to?

Love to read your great posts, Red.

10. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
    A fantastic start to your story. I must say my jaw hit the table when I saw this had been started already...I had pretty much resigned myself to having to wait for it longer than this.

I, too, wish to see what has transpired with Qui-Gon during this time. Has he finally been cured of the severe case of Rectal-Cranial Inversion or not??

JediCandy
  11. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    I remembered what else I was going to comment on!

Obi-Wan spun about to face Bali, ?And you are being insubordinate, my very young padawan learner.?

The apprentice breathed heavily through his nose before humbly nodding. ?Forgive me, Master.?

Ok- I know I could be asking for a rant, but..I think that I should be fairly safe on this thread, considering the company I'm in, though feel free to call me on it. Here's the comment. This exchange greatly reminded me of all the debate that can be found over Obi-wan's "condescending attitude." I'm sure that all of you have run across that phrasing in discussions at one time or another. People say that the way Obi-wan was constantly reminding Anakin of "his place" in Episode two, by often using phrases similar to the one seen here "my very young Pasawan learner" and "my very young apprentice" and so forth. Some believe that Obi-wan is in the wrong by using such reminders to chastise a disobedient Padawan, thereby diminishing the students self-esteem and self respect. Now, comparing this exchange between Bali and Obi with those in Episode with ANkain, does anything stick out? Besides the fact that we're all properly biased :D I believe I was drawn to the key in interpreting OBi-wan's so called "condescenfing attitude." It's not the way that Obi says these things, but rather the way that the Padawan in each case responds to the stern reminders. It's my belief that it is Obi-wan's job as a teacher to remind his Padawan that he is certainly not superior or even equal to his master. That's just the way it is. Bali recognizes this and respects it, despite his wayward protests. He respects his place and has no desire to go above it. He knows that he is in the place he is for a readon. He does not know everything there is to know about being a Jedi and respects the honor of being under ones command who does. Anakin on the other hand is in constnat battle with an overblown ego. He does think that he is better than everyone else including his master, that he knows what is right and he is simply using Obi-wan as a tool to reach a goal, and only because it is required. It is not a rule bhe can go against. Instead of delighting in being taught he would desire to bypass his learning and remains confident in his own abilities to the end. He has no desire to learn anymore or atrtempt to go beyond his capabilities because he things he's already the best anyone could ever be. His arrogance is clearly evidnet in responses to Obi-wan's chastisement. He submits because he must, but not because he honestly see errors in his ways. Ahhh.. Bali is just so much more deserving of our beloved Master than Anakin ever was. If only RRk were George Lucas.

Ok- now that I think I've driven my thought into the ground, nevermind you all probably didn't need me to really explain my thoughts in the first place. I just agree with everyone else that the Master/Padawan relationship has a perfect balance between respect and affection for opne another.

Oh- and Joieve It sounds like we might get some insight to our well-loved
    [face-devil] Qui and his position, as well as some idea of what may have gone down between our two favorite masters in the space where we were absent for quite a bit.

Did I hear a flashback will be in the next couple posts. I must say that those are often my favorite posts RRK.

enough of boring you all with my nonsensical (I just discovered that that is actually a real word. I've always used it but I never thought it lookwed like it could actually be a variant of nonsense, but then i found it in the dictionary) drivel. hehe! I think I just proved my point in that long disertation about the word nonsensical. -ok- going now.

-Rogue
  12. naw ibo Force Ghost

star 5
    This is truly addiction. It's only been three posts, less than half a day since the last one and already "I want the next post, I want the next post". :D

It's my belief that it is Obi-wan's job as a teacher to remind his Padawan that he is certainly not superior or even equal to his master. That's just the way it is. Bali recognizes this and respects it, despite his wayward protests. He respects his place and has no desire to go above it. He knows that he is in the place he is for a readon. He does not know everything there is to know about being a Jedi and respects the honor of being under ones command who does. Anakin on the other hand is in constnat battle with an overblown ego. He does think that he is better than everyone else including his master, that he knows what is right and he is simply using Obi-wan as a tool to reach a goal, and only because it is required. It is not a rule bhe can go against. Instead of delighting in being taught he would desire to bypass his learning and remains confident in his own abilities to the end. He has no desire to learn anymore or attempt to go beyond his capabilities because he things he's already the best anyone could ever be. His arrogance is clearly evidnet in responses to Obi-wan's chastisement. He submits because he must, but not because he honestly see errors in his ways.

Absolutely, Rogue. I know that's how I interpreted it in the film, people who don't I think are unfamiliar with the type of training Anakin is going through, they see it as being more akin to high school, whereas it is something really quite different. I don't know if this is what RRK was going for in that post(she's certainly brilliant enough to do so ;) ) but I think her paralleling of the two scenes(her's and Lucas') shows this. The fact is Obi-Wan isn't "failing" as a master because he says something like that, he'd be failing as a master if he didn't.
  13. Flashbacca Jedi Master

star 4
    However, 40 year old Obi-Wan is still my main squeeze and don't you just want to?
    *nods head madly, hair flying everywhere*
    Jovieve you took the words right out of my mouth :D

Red I really like the way you show the Master/Padawan relationship. I think that it is an apprentice-ship held up to the highest ideals. To be successful, there is respect needed on both sides. Nice post.
    Still wiggling for more [face_laugh]

:D TW

14. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lovely, RED - as always. Your take on the touching relationship between Master and apprentice is perfect - and the images of Obi-WAn are haunting, leaving one to wonder how much one man can endure - how much can one person give - before there's nothing left to give. And I'm wondering if that isn't where you're going with this - which is enough to scare the hell out of a faithful reader, you know. To say that I don't trust you not to lead us in the valley of deathless angst is an understatement, knowing that you - like me, sometimes :eek: - find it difficult to resist the siren's song of nailbiting, tearjerking high drama.

I mean, from my perspective, why would anyone read (or write) The Taming of the Shrew when there's Hamlet to be had. :D

Lovely to come back from an enforced absence and find this gem. As always, I am drop-dead jealous of your wonderful, concise style and marvelous imagination.

Daily posts will quickly become addictive, I'm sure. I still marvel that you can manage it, even with pre-preparation.

More soon.

CYN
  15. Padawan_Amanda Jedi Padawan

Wonderful posts Red, not that anyone expected anything different! ;) I'm so happy your posting already! I know I'm a little behind everyone in saying that, but I'm mostly a lurker and very new to posting. I love the Obi-Bali relationship. Bali obviously loves and respects his master, but isn't afraid to make his own opinion known. They seem to have found just the right balance. I'm looking forward to seeing Qui-Gon's reaction to them and if he'll end up comparing it with his relationships with his padawans to realize what he could have had with Obi-Wan. Post more soon please!
  16. naw ibo Force Ghost

star 5
    Daily posts will quickly become addictive, I'm sure.

They already have, dammit! :) Even now, I'm looking for my next hit.

How much can one person give? That's the real question isn't it, CYN. Obi-Wan is certainly a man of great depth. He'd very likely give 'til it killed him. So I guess the question is, when does it kill him? Or will he have to give so much that it does?

I'm looking forward to seeing Qui-Gon's reaction to them and if he'll end up comparing it with his relationships with his padawans to realize what he could have had with Obi-Wan.

Definitely a good observation, Padawan Amanda. Because Bali does seem very much to be his master's padawan(or his father's son). Respectfully able to let his own opinions be known, devoted and loyal but with that impish sense of humor too. Assuming Qui-Gon lets himself see it, there may be alot for him to regret in his own relationships, at least with Obi-Wan. Because he'd see what could have been. Not only in watching Bali and seeing Obi-Wan in him(and comparing him to what Anakin had been like), but also perhaps in seeing Obi-Wan's example as a master as compared to himself, even with all Obi-Wan has been through.
  17. Padawan_Travina Jedi Master

star 4
    RRK{/b]..

I really dont have a long review like some...sorry brain on the firtz right now...

But this was a great post..and I loved the interaction between Bali and Obi...

But I am guessing there is something really wrong with Obi-Wan..isn't there??

Can't wait to read the next post..keep up the good work...

PT
  18. Just_Jill Jedi Knight

star 3
    red_rose_knight -

As always, a definite delight. I never considered that Obi-Wan was faking it. Lovely post.

I'm still curious about that submission dart. Just so you don't forget about it. ;)

Just Jill
  19. Sugar_Bear Force Ghost

star 3

Obi-Wan's strong and dignified demeanor appeared to be coupled with a stubborn reluctance to show any sign of weakness. The Jedi master's been through a lot in the past few years, only adding to his legendary reputation and having to prove that he hasn't lost a step in being a Jedi extraordinaire.

It saddened me to note that his familiar and comforting gesture of ruffling Bali's hair was done with trembling fingers. I'm hoping that was due only to exhaustion.

Especially liked how the apprentice charmingly cajoled his master into letting him take the knowledge trial. The young man's exuberance and eagerness to take the test probably accounts for all the colorful beads of accomplishment in his padawan braid.

Excellent post, RRK! I've truly missed Obi and Bali's kidding banter and their caring and respectful rapport.
  20. Halcyon03 Jedi Knight

star 2
    ?Besides,? Bali grinned, ?Bant must be near comatose from boredom not having you to entertain her.?

Offering his padawan a withering look, Obi-Wan returned to the journey through the winding corridor. ?I am certain Bant has kept herself quite busy.?

?She has no one to argue with.?

?She has the entire Temple.?

Many things may have changed in the years in between TCP and TLTP, but Bant definetly hasn't! 8-} I'm looking forward to seeing her in action again... ;)

Poor Obi-Wan! And of course, pride doesn't allow him to show any weakness of any sorts in public... ;) At least Bali's there to help!

Keep up the great work, Red!

21. CalaisKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I simply love how you do such a great job of combining action and drama and angst and humor into such a well-woven story. Your skill is so impressive Red and your writing sets a mark the rest of us can only hope to one day reach. Great posts! :D
  22. cristalvandepol Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, great post. I am thankful that Bali is around to get an eye on Obi-Wan. Poor guy.
  23. red rose knight Force Ghost

star 4
    Sheila? I got to read the first two books in your trilogy in their entirety without any wait.

Now you get to suffer. ;) Thanks for popping in. :)

Now if I could only figure out how to use the little faces, I love those.

Up at the top of the page close to your name is a link called ?Faces? and it will show you all the faces you can get and how to use them.

Jovieve? I, too wondered why Obi-Wan would be averse to going back to the Temple?

Because of Qui-Gon? STILL? After all these years? Damn, how Obi-Wan must love that foolish old man to still feel such pain from his actions!

The Qui-Gon thing is probably very true but remember the Obi-Wan from AUP. He was only ?happy? when he was on a mission fulfilling his purpose.

[face_love]

JediCandy? I, too, wish to see what has transpired with Qui-Gon during this time. Has he finally been cured of the severe case of Rectal-Cranial Inversion or not??

[face_laugh] Ha! Well you get to find out a little about what Qui-Gon?s been up to recently today.

ROGUE_49? I know I could be asking for a rant

You? Here? I?m shocked. [face_shocked] 8-}

in interpreting Obi-Wan's so called "condescending attitude." It's not the way that Obi says these things, but rather the way that the Padawan in each case responds to the stern reminders.

That is the way I see it. Bali is so far on the other end of the spectrum from Anakin that he will react to every situation different. Obi-Wan in this story or the GFFA is still Obi-Wan, he can?t exactly change his spots (otherwise this wouldn?t be Obi-Wan Kenobi now would it).

naw ibo? I think her paralleling of the two scenes(her's and Lucas') shows this.

I definitely did that on purpose. It?s my sneaky way of inserting rants in without anyone noticing. :D Obi-Wan may not have been the best but reminding Anakin of his place was well within his right and maybe if Anakin didn?t constantly overstep his boundaries he wouldn?t need to always be put back in his place.

Flashbacca? Still wiggling for more

You?re going to wiggle yourself to death 8-} after all there has only been 3 posts and there will be at least two months of near daily posting.

CYNICAL21? Your take on the touching relationship between Master and apprentice is perfect - and the images of Obi-WAn are haunting, leaving one to wonder how much one man can endure - how much can one person give - before there's nothing left to give. And I'm wondering if that isn't where you're going with this - which is enough to scare the hell out of a faithful reader, you know.

I?ve got to go where the story takes me. There are multiple parts to the ending to tie up all the stories and I haven?t written one yet. I just have outlines and am waiting to see where the story goes before consigning fates.

I still marvel that you can manage it, even with pre-preparation.

Well, I have actually saved an unaltered copy of the working draft. I think when TCP is finished I am going to post the draft at the end just to see for those who are curious what a mess it was and how much it changes over the daily postings. Then you can marvel that anything coherent came out of the draft.

Padawan_Amanda?Happy to see you de-lurked! Everyone is wonderful around here and they don?t bite. They might gnaw on your ankle a bit though. 8-}

I'm looking forward to seeing Qui-Gon's reaction to them and if he'll end up comparing it with his relationships with his padawans to realize what he could have had with Obi-Wan.

Oh he will be doing a lot of thinking?

naw ibo? Even now, I'm looking for my next hit.

Your favorite dish?will be up momentarily.

Padawan_Travina? I really dont have a long review like some

You haven?t seen long review yet. ;) Don?t worry.
  24. red rose knight Force Ghost

star 4

The Book of Old Acquaintances

In a brightly lit corner of a small café on the bucolic world of Oselem, Qui-Gon Jinn sat at a stone table. The salty air of the Criapin Sea where the tiny village of Macaco overlooked tingled the elder Jedi?s nose. Reaching languidly across his notes spread over the marble surface he picked up a delicate white teacup holding it firmly at the sides. The steaming liquid that passed for tea went down smoothly as he returned to the study of various reports he had recently gathered. The white haired master paused to make a secondary notation on the data pad he had been studying.

He had managed to spend the better part of the last six years removed from the Jedi temple. The apartment that he had long held was abandoned to temple housing for he had no apprentices to maintain such a fine, double-occupant place and no desire to stay there alone.

Sighing softly, Qui-Gon tried to focus on his notes and not the dread of his impending return home. There was just one last incident of abuse to check into and completing his report before leaving Oselem. Then his special mission for the Senate Loyalist Committee and alternately, the Jedi Council would be finished. Unfortunately his report gave little proof that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was using his war powers in an unethical manner. Except that the growing list of dead politicians and power brokers charged with treacherous actions on scant proof was growing too difficult to ignore.

By dawn of the following morning, he would be on his way to Coruscant to personally deliver the report. The Republic was so unwell that one could not tell friend from enemy or trust normal communication routes. Everything must be done in person.

While taking another sip of the warm tea, the elder master felt a gentle ripple in the Force that sparked his attention. The familiarity caused the Jedi?s breath to catch. It had been so long since?

He leapt up from the table with a speed that defied his age and abandoning his work, he raced outside the café. Glancing about the street that was filled with locals making their way home from a day working on the edge of the salty sea. He pushed against the current of pedestrians searching for the source of the familiar signature. Even as he reached for it, the signature quickly dissipated.

Over the years, he had imagined sensing the signature, imagined it heralded a return. Reaching out again, he felt it, even as shielded and shrouded as it was.

?Anakin!?

A deep blue cloaked figure wading into the crowd did not slow but instead kept a steady pace, vanishing into the throng.

His heart beat wildly in his chest fearing that he would lose to boy again. Driven by determination, Qui-Gon sprinted toward the powerful beacon in the Force that had once been his padawan. ?Anakin!? he called out again. Midnight blue eyes caught sight of the cloak just ahead. A relieved smile danced over his aged features. ?Anakin.? Shock, hurt and joy filled that one word as he reached out and pressed his large hand to the tall figure?s shoulder. ?Padawan.?

The unwarranted touch and that final pronouncement caused the figure to spin around wildly. Hand gripping a blaster as the cold, hard gaze from beneath the lowered hood settled on the startled Jedi master. ?Master Jinn,? Anakin cooly replied. He shrugged away from the hand placed on his shoulder. ?It has been a long time.?

?Yes,? Qui-Gon said struggling with the joy that was quickly overcoming him as he studied the young man. ?Six years. So much has changed.?

Anakin nodded then adjusted the indigo blue cowl and turned away.

?Wait,? the master still managed to call out although he was stunned by his former apprentice?s abruptness. ?I was having tea, won?t you join me??

?I am on business.? Anakin paused, eyeing the older man. ?I am in service to his Eminence, the Chancellor,? there was a haughtiness in his tone.

?I have heard that you are captain of the Praetorian Guard.? Who had not, Qui-Gon wondered, it was spread far and wide over
  25. Flashbacca Jedi Master

star 4
    hehehehe I get to reply 1st.

Oh, puh-lease Qui, get a clue, man! I think he needs to be doing some meditating. Actually, I'm a little surprised that he doesn't have a clue. After Anakin left, I would have thought that Qui would have been searching around for answers as to why his padawans were so unhappy and what went wrong with his mastership that caused one to leave and one to be so cold towards him.

~~~~~~

You?re going to wiggle yourself to death after all there has only been 3 posts and there will be at least two months of near daily posting.

Well red, I shall die happily wiggling on your thread.. [face_laugh]

:D The Happily Wiggling Singing Wookiee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.