main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Long Twilight Path

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kampfzwerg

Kampfzwerg Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    I just read some of the featback and discovered, that maybe I misunderstood something. 'Cause when I read the sentence: Twisting the abandoned saber hilt, the aging Jedi Master wept, not knowing how to face the next day alone. I thought he was comitting suicide?! Is it just me or does someone else thought this way, too?

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I have been unable to think of any thing, but our poor, battered, brain fried and drained Obi. Red, how could you...how could you!! :mad: I hope something good is cooking in that brain of yours, cause I just can't see Obi whiling away his time in the library, contemplating deep jedi mysteries, or meditating in some garden somewhere...man this is a long wait already. sigh 7

3. wanna_pierogi

wanna_pierogi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    OK...two people say a green light for the bloopers...that's enough readers for me. Thanks guys!! [face_love]
    Now all I need is permission from RED...(can't do it without her consent)...and wether to do it here, or start a new thread. I'm thinking new thread...
    Unless of course RED would like to take on the task...but only as long as it won't distract her from writing TCP. :p

4. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    wanna_pierogi? A happy ending....but RED....what's your definition of happy? Everyone dies???!!!

Have you no faith in me? I promise a happy ending. It?s the least I can do for making you all suffer especially these next few months until TCP starts. :)

naw ibo? ...well it takes a little while to get over the laughter.

Oh that's just cruel, RRK, laughing at us. You know I'm the first to admit I have no fictional imagination whatsoever, but you don't need to laugh about it, it really hurts you know ::hmmph::naw takes out hobbling board and sledgehammer::

Well, sometimes you all are so close to the mark that I wonder if I shouldn?t change it or that I am becoming too predictable. Other times you are so far off in left field that I can?t help myself. :)

CalaisKenobi? you have succeeded where all others have failed, you made me cry!

[face_blush]

naw ibo? I forgot something I meant to ask--can you give us a hint as to what the flashbacks series' will deal with?

Oh, I suppose?just remember this is all very preliminary. I am completely finished with the complex story synopsis but have not worked on the flashbacks yet. This is my guess as to what they will be: The Books of Healing?Obi-Wan and Bali?s recovery from their injuries. The Books of Master and Padawan?A continuation of Bali?s training stories. The Books of Temple Ghosts?Tales of the past. The Books of Whispering Evil?Palpatine?s plans to defeat the prophesy. The Books of Pauses?What?s Master Lunkhead been up too lately?

Also, after Obi-Wan healed Qui-Gon, when he was younger and healthier, he was in a coma for two months, yet apparently, even though he's suffered nine years with chronic, somewhat degenerative illness caused by that event, he was able to be up and about(in quite bad shape admittedly) in a few days.

It is amazing the power of a strong will. He had something to wake too, he had someone who depended on him immediately. He had to awake for Bali.

wanna_pierogi? If RED would find it in her heart, or nutty mind, to this...
    I think we should make up bloopers to AUP. And maby LTP as well if we get desperite enough.

If you want to get a little writing group together or whatever you can do the bloopers. BUT I would like it kept in this thread. I have already told a few people they could not borrow Bali for other fics and stuff until after I complete TCP so it would not be fair to have another thread running around on the boards. I won?t contribute because I will be working on TCP and occasionally tossing out a few The Book of Paths?Snapshots over the long wait. The first installment will be up in a few days. But I will happily read along. :)

TheFallen? For some reason, I just thought of how Obi-Wan's blood was on the hilt of his lightsaber and how Sidious has it.

Relax. Take a deep breath. There are worse things to be afraid of. :D

Kampfzwerg? I thought he was comitting suicide?! Is it just me or does someone else thought this way, too?

See answer above. Qui-Gon is very much alive. Do you really think I would let him off so easy? 8-}

jedi7? I have been unable to think of any thing, but our poor, battered, brain fried and drained Obi. Red, how could you...how could you!!

Uhmmmm, you might not want to read the teaser then?

Okay boys and girls, here is the little teaser and I say little. It should convey the tone of book three.

5. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001

The Book of Paths--The Chosen Path

?We where strained before the civil war, now our number is quite depleted.?

Qui-Gon studied his friend Mace Windu as they walked through an exclusive section of the Temple but said nothing.

Mace continued, ?We have spared a few extra scouts to search out more gifted children but it will be years, possibly centuries before we can return our numbers.? The senior Councilor turned at the sight of a dark haired youth racing through the corridor. ?Padawan Tiro, these halls are restricted to masters only,? he barked. ?You had better have a good excuse.?

The nineteen-year-old turned sharply to face the two tall masters. He bowed formally. ?Forgive me Master for the intrusion.?

The name had sounded so familiar and yet it took a few moments before Qui-Gon recognized the young man before him. He had only been a child the last time the gray master had seen him. A dying child.

Bali straightened, meeting the masters with his bright green eyes. Numerous brightly colored markers of achievement lined the long dark brown padawan braid that cascaded gently over the youth?s soft tan tunic. He eyed Mace as he spoke, ?Master Obi-Wan has wandered off again.?

?Anakin, we must speak,? Padmé said sternly staring into the fuzzy blue holoimage of her husband.

?We will, my love,? came the absent reply, ?when I return from Yavin.?

?And the Chancellor will only send you away on another special mission,? the Senator argued. She turned away from the holocam so he would not see the tears that so easily leapt to her eyes. She could not understand what was so important the he was always gone or why he could never confide the details of the missions Palpatine sponsored.

Bali retreated a step. Then another. And another until he was backed up against the wall. ?Um, I think my master is calling me.?

?He?s always calling you,? Liril pouted as she slinked a step closer. Her deep black hair fanned over the edges of her cloaked shoulders. A delicate pink finger brushed over the ginger padawan flame tip.

The apprentice slinked against the wall until he had slipped free of the predatory healer padawan. ?I am certain Master will need me when I get there.? Offering up a silly, blushing grin, Bali bolted away.

?The Republic is ill.?

?Yes, your Eminence.?

?It is filled with greedy politicians and those who would corrupt the innocent. The pure.? Palpatine paused and slowly turned to face the young man dressed in a simple black soldier?s uniform. ?They are determined to destroy the best of us.?

From his post behind and two steps to the side of the Chancellor?s massive desk, Anakin said softly, ?You are the authority that will end this poison that is eating the Republic.

?Yes.? For a time the elder politician studied his faithful servant. ?But I fear your wife may be falling under their influence. She consorts with questionable factions in the Senate and is a great supporter of the Jedi.?

Bali walked into the small garden and spied the silent figure sitting on a bench near a crisp, sparkling little waterfall.

Obi-Wan?s heavy brown cloak was stark against the bright blue sky but the Jedi did not seem to notice. His empty gaze stared dully at the falling water, oblivious to the young man?s approach.

The dark haired apprentice sank to the bench next to Obi-Wan. He watched the flowing water but it was not his interest in being there.

Sometimes all Bali wanted was to be ten again. He decided that was the best age. Back then, he had been Obi-Wan?s apprentice for nearly two years and it was still when the galactic Republic looked infallible on the surface even if it was crumbling. That was before everything changed. When he was ten, everything was good. Both he and his master had found a pattern and they worked comfortably together. He was happy then.

Even if, at nineteen he was no longer a child, sometimes that was all he wanted. Comfort in knowing his mas

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek: :eek:

And you're going to make us wait HOW LONG for the next Book?

Oh, telling me to reellaaxxx, eh, RRK? Relax, you want me to?! No! Maybe you're just doing it to throw me off track! MAYBE you're just...

- - Brain shortcircuits - -

7. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002

Speechless.

I've been reading your stories and loving every last minute of em. I just kinda pop up at random times.

Sabercrazy, I'm everywhere now huh? ;)

I seriously dont kno what to say. The next book looks like it's gunna be another one of your absolutly amazing adventures.

Keep up your great work.

We can wait... rite? ... or not...

8. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Whooooooaaaaaa, RED - you absolute witch. Teaser? More like torture. That was really, really cruel - and if that's an omen of a happy ending, I'll eat my hat!!!!!

I refuse to think about it any more - or I'm going to join TF in the land of fried ganglia.

Cannot wait for more.

9. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi there RRK. I'm finally delurking long enough to tell you how great this is, and to thank you for the ride you've taken us all on. I'm starting to seriously think about giving up buying books since I can so easily find writers of greater talent (like you) online. And thanks to everyone who adds to this thread for the wildly entertaining rants, rambles and assorted comments that just add to the enjoyment. I've thought about getting involved, but I figure once I start, I won't stop, and I don't think my bosses would like that very much. Sigh. Anyways, thanks again, and I very much look forward to your next installment.

10. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    ::stammers::

::studders::

::screams:: LONG LOUD AND HARD

11. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    The blue glow of a lightsaber reflected in his dark eyes. ?I have been expecting you, Master Kenobi.?

WHOO HOO!!! Does this mean our favorite Jedi might just make a comeback!?!

: CK does very long, very detailed happy dance:

You know what, its too bad that Qui-Gon couldn't give back some of the energy Obi-Wan gave to him... it might actually redeem the old goat. ;)

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    RRK - you are truly a cruel woman. And we have to wait how long....blast.

Interesting that Padme thought Bali was Obi-Wan (stirs the debate about Bali's family relationship with Obi yet again)

13. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    :eek:

What...I....waiting...

*faints*

Fine. I'll wait. Not patiently, but I'll wait.

*paces*

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    speechless...no I just found my voice. I don't know if I can wait that long. You are cruel...very cruel. But I must say that I like the idea that Bant's padawan is getting a little of her own back after the way Bali used to torture her :)

15. Sugar_Bear

Sugar_Bear Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Initially, Bali's anxious remark to Mace Windu that, "Master Obi has wandered off again," set off disconcerting images of a dottering eccentric Jedi aimlessly meandering the halls and corridors of the vast Temple. However, that is not really the case, on the surface Obi may appear to be helpless and handicapped...only a shell of the man he once was, but this teaser suggests that he is fully functional. I'm willing to bet that all those illustrious beads of accomplishment in Bali's braid can be attributed to the diligent guidance of his one and only tenacious master, empty dull stare and all.

Great preview, RRK! Are you going to be dropping any hints about Master Spex's prophecy soon? Does Bali reveal it to anyone else or has he forgotten it through his traumatic experience? Did by chance Obi catch a glimpse of it when he relived the final moments of his padawan's brutal Sith attack? Questions...questions...I've got a million of 'em!

16. gennia

gennia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2002
    OMG!!! AHHH!!! Have I told you how much I love you?! :D

17. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I love you and hate you RED, are things not what they seem?? Is that a Obi clone??, who's that girl after Bali...his own personal healer???? :) :) [face_mischief] It's gonna be a long, long wait. 7

18. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    [face_shocked] Red! It sounds awesome, I can't wait! You've got to hurry up and post! I'm thinking along the same lines as Sugar--Is Obi now an eccentric old master, or is there really more ticking away in that brain of his? And it seems that you were laughing at us when we thought that maybe Qui helped train Bali, because the old lughead hasn't seen him since he was near death!

Any chance we'll get to see some actual 'pictures' of little Bali Tiro? [face_devil] :D

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Holy jumping Jedi RRK! :eek: That was one hell of a teaser...

*starts counting down the days* No wait, that's too depressing...

20. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Jedi7 - I think the girl after Bali was Bant's apprentice that he always used to tease. [face_mischief] My how SHE'S grown up. :D

21. wanna_pierogi

wanna_pierogi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
  22. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    Hmm, it wouldn't work wanna...

23. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
  24. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    EEK!!! I dont' know how I could possibly wait so long, so intriguing, so very intriguing. I'm all aquiver. :D

I am surprised that Qui-Gon apparently hasn't(seemingly) had contact with Obi-Wan or Bali in the last six years. And I'm definitely intrigued by the mixed signals of Obi the Zombie and Obi the Lightsaber Bearer, this should be most interesting. I feel rather badly for Padme, to have her husband never around, even if it is the Brat Boy--he's what around twenty four now? But she's the one who married him.

Going to read the snapshots now.

Have I told you lately that I love you RRK? No, not THAT way(not that there's anything wrong with that :) ), but you are fantastic and cruel and kind all at the same time. LOL!

25. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    oh -

Well, I'm back.

And you have thoroughly overloaded my mind...

Throughout this whole story I've cried and I've laughed - and during the ending, I sobbed ceaselessly at the unfailing love still shown by our beloved hero... RED, you weave words and emotions together like magic to enthrall us all and pull us into your web of mystery and intrigue. What torture it will be to wait months for this new (and might I add, very ominous) story to grace these humble boards.

The impression I got at first was that Obi was in a sort of waking coma - there physically, functioning, awake - but not there at all. Then the scene with Palpy pops up and I say 'Oh! Well, then...' Suspense abounds.

Sounds as if Master Buckethead has not made any attempt towards his own redemption, if the last time he'd seen Bali was when the boy was dying on the floor six years ago. Will he finally come to whatever senses he might have left in this final chapter in your epic book? That remains to be seen, of course, but evidence so far suggests that he will remain as chowderheaded as always.

I join everyone else who has ever had the honor of reading your story in utter speechlessness and awe of your talents and your magnanimity of sharing this epic with us. I'm sure that the wait (however long and torturous it may be) will be well worth it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.