main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: The Long Twilight Path

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sugar_Bear - What a beautiful thought :) Possibly a Jedi version of the absent minded professor.

And my, my how things have changed since a certain Padawan was squealing out phrases such as "Icky Boy. I've got icky boy germs." ;) only a few years ago - how cute [face_love]

ACK! ? Padme asking if Bali was Obi-Wan, of course you wrote that in such a way that either a) She didn?t know Obi-Wan enough to remember what he looked like or b) That Bali looks that much like Obi-Wan ? of course if b were true, a certain gray haired Master would have been jaw dropping staring ? oh you?re sneaky [face_mischief]

Rational thought slipping fast - anyone for a round of Are we there yet? :p

Rogue

2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    TheFallen? Oh, telling me to reellaaxxx, eh, RRK? Relax, you want me to?! No! Maybe you're just doing it to throw me off track! MAYBE you're just...

Suffering from writer?s block? I know it has only been a week and I have the complex synopsis finished, but just can?t make myself write. I found TLTP hard to start too. Even though it?s the same characters it is all different.

Shaindl? I'm finally delurking long enough to tell you how great this is, and to thank you for the ride you've taken us all on.

Thanks! Glad you?ve enjoyed it.

CalaisKenobi? You know what, its too bad that Qui-Gon couldn't give back some of the energy Obi-Wan gave to him... it might actually redeem the old goat.

Don?t count Qui-Gon out yet, he still has some story left in him.

Sugar_Bear?Hmm?Interesting analysis. :)

Are you going to be dropping any hints about Master Spex's prophecy soon? Does Bali reveal it to anyone else or has he forgotten it through his traumatic experience? Did by chance Obi catch a glimpse of it when he relived the final moments of his padawan's brutal Sith attack?

Just a few questions, huh? Well, all I can say is they will be answered in TCP.

Marie_Kenobi? Any chance we'll get to see some actual 'pictures' of little Bali Tiro?

I was coloring one the other day. But got distracted coloring a pic of Obi-Wan. [face_love]

As of right now there are 61 chapters not including flashbacks which will probably run about twenty. In the last two books I added about 20 to 30 posts to the length as I went. So it will be longer than AUP and shorter than TLTP. [face_shocked]

Thanks again everyone for sticking around.

3. fanofewans

fanofewans Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2001
    Your joking? You cant leave us with that until October...wicked..you are wicked! :)

4. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    You know I don't know if anyone actually saw my post from the other day. It did a disappearing act and is only showing up if you click to the page from within the thread, not from the main page or from the "most recent posts" listing because it's the last post on the page. It's a short silly one but I didn't anyone to think I'd ignored that fascinating teaser, so I'll just repost it: :)

EEK!!! I dont' know how I could possibly wait so long, so intriguing, so very intriguing. I'm all aquiver.

I am surprised that Qui-Gon apparently hasn't(seemingly) had contact with Obi-Wan or Bali in the last six years. And I'm definitely intrigued by the mixed signals of Obi the Zombie and Obi the Lightsaber Bearer, this should be most interesting. I feel rather badly for Padme, to have her husband never around, even if it is the Brat Boy--he's what around twenty four now? But she's the one who married him.

Going to read the snapshots now.

Have I told you lately that I love you RRK? ;) No, not THAT way(not that there's anything wrong with that ), but you are fantastic and cruel and kind all at the same time. LOL!

5. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey PIEROGI...what ever happened to those bloopers?

6. wanna_pierogi

wanna_pierogi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    SABER: Someone remembered! I feel loved. [face_love]

OK...not that anyone cares...but here are a few of them.
    RED, thank you once again!
    And a special thanks to Siri_Z who came up with ALL the bloopers thus far. You ROCK dude!

Out of charecter ~ Part 1

From the second box she pulled out another bowl with a bland white paste in it..."Eat."...Grudgingly Obi-Wan took a bite.

Gagging, Obi spits it out. "What is this??!!

He sniffs at it. "GLUE??! I don't eat %#$^&$&$# glue!!!!!"

Bant is smirking. "You use to."

Obi glares at her. "Shut up! I was two years old!"

"And your mouth was stuck till you were two and a half."

"And that matters how? Do I look like a two year old to you??!"

"No but you can sure act like one."

Obi is scowling. "Are you going to shut your big mouth or do I have come over there and shut it for you?"

Bant brightens. "There's the Obi-wan I know!"

"Oh, really? Would the Obi-wan you know.....wring your neck??!!

~~~~~~~~~

Out of charecter ~ Part 2

The Jedi focused on a misshapen piece of durasteel that was embedded in his upper arm...he pulled it free allowing the shrapnel to clatter to the floor with a spray of blood.

He turns white.

::in a small voice::

"...ow?"

7. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    ROTFL [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

...ow?

If I can think of any, I'll post them. Great job Siri and wanna! :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ...ow? That is just too funny

9. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
  10. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Ahh! Thanx for telling me you put them up! Jeez...lol j/k.

Heh I didn't make them all up... just gave the basic idea for rite??

Oh nvm ur gunna disagree either way rnt u. Till later~

Siri

11. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    Hey peeps acually liked them? COOL! Thanz ya'll!! I feel so loved... [face_love]

Siri: Hmmm...where have I heard this before? :p

Won't work dude...you did come up with them. All.

12. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    naw ibo--It's a short silly one but I didn't anyone to think I'd ignored that fascinating teaser, so I'll just repost it

Oh, naw, I know you wouldn't miss that little teaser. Hope I made it vague enough for you. 8-}

wanna_pierogi and siri_z--Or which ever one claims to be responsible for those funnies.

"...ow?"

Ha! :D That was too funny. (I sound like a parrot.) I pictured that scene perfectly. Just before he faints dead away from the sight of blood. Can't wait for more.

The good news is I have the first chapter written. Just ninety-nine more.

13. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    GO RED!!!!! FIRST CHAP DONE! First step taken. First page turned. First...Ok I'll shut up. Just a little happy...
    ::celibration music from Ep. 1 plays in backround::
    KEEP GOING!
    We're all cheering for you!

And just to set the record straight...I cooked up the IDEA of posting bloopers...SIRI does the hard part...thinking them up.
    One of these days maby I'll dust off my brain and do some of my own...

14. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Wahoo, people did like them... lol.

Red: Glad ya like em so far.
    Put it this way we kinda both did them. I picked a sceen and possiblilites and she added some of the dialoge... or something to that effect.

Either way I can't take all the credit.. :p

We'll have more by this weekend, haven't told pierogi yet but I'll make sure of it. ;)

15. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    That IS news to me! Very welcome though... :p
    :[face_sigh]: Dude you just don't know how to accept credit where credit is due!
    NOTE to everyone else...please excuse our bickering.

16. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    Out of charecter ~ Part 3

"That shouldn?t have mattered," Ki Adi Mundi spoke up. "A creature is dead."

"But it was just a grivit bird." Panic filled Anakin?s bright blue eyes.

"It was a living thing and you killed it. Unless you can tell us it was an accident--"

Anakin is thoughtful...

"Ummmm...weeell...just how believable would the story have to be?"

Sarcasim ~ Part 1

"Come, Anakin," Qui-Gon said gruffly and with the sweep of his billowing cloak sleeve shielded the boy as he lead his apprentice away.

"But Master," Anakin whispered softly, "that?s Obi-Wan."

Qui-Gon rolls his eyes.

"Nooooo...really?! I thought it was Yaddle!

17. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    And again you don't tell me they r gong up... sigh.

You used that Yaddle thing! Didn't think you would... oh well.

Hope everyone likes em so far!

And yes please don't mind our fighting... ;)

18. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    SORRY! =(

I'm just appologizing like crazy to you today. ;)

Well wouldn't I use the Yaddle thing? I was laughing like crazy when you told me! Or is your memory suddenly faulty? :p

19. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm loving these "bloopers" and "outtakes". :D

Okay, pointless(and way out) speculation post:

RRK has said in the past (when I was like "please don't make Bali some sort of little prodigy, I can't stand precocious little prodigies" :) ) that Bali doesn't have any really special strengths(and as we saw he had some real difficulties at times that he had to overcome) but he does have a certain special way of connecting with the Force. Now this seemed to have to do with that "dream level" connection to the Force that he has.

Maybe, seeing as we've got some "mixed" signals in the teaser with regards to Obi-Wan's state of health and how Bali has managed to get all those braid beads despite it--maybe Obi-Wan is somehow able to communicate with Bali on that level?

I don't know just trying to think outside the box a little--I'm sure she's come up with something completely out of the blue as usual and will surprise us all. :D

20. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Was that when you practically feel outta the chair?

I don't kno... didn't feel well then, definetly don't now.

naw ibo- That is really outta the box but clever!! ;)

pierogi- i thought up a couple new bloopers for ya.. ill get em to ya asap.

Glad everyone is enjoyin them so far!

21. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    "Nooooo...really?! I thought it was Yaddle!

8-} Love that!

These are delightful and I hope you both (in whatever capacity) wanna_pierogi and Siri_Z keep it up.

naw ibo--Maybe, seeing as we've got some "mixed" signals in the teaser with regards to Obi-Wan's state of health and how Bali has managed to get all those braid beads despite it--maybe Obi-Wan is somehow able to communicate with Bali on that level?

Hmm...very interesting ideas. Of course I'm not going to tell you how close you are. 8-}

I'm still only have one post done. I'm temporarily foundering. It's easier to write little Bali stories than it is to face the last book of the story especially since Bali is 19-years-old.

22. wanna_pierogi

Jun 24, 2002
    RED: Take as long as you need.
    ...did..did I just say that? :eek:

SIRI: Ummm...yea that was the one. :D
    Or was it the one with Yoda? :p

NAW: Glad you're enjoying them. :)
    I like the way you speculate.
    I have some ideas myself...but I'm to lazy to typ it all out. [face_laugh]

23. Leah Jaded

Leah Jaded Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    Okay, I'm here to place my final word for this story. I should have done this ages ago, but, sadly, since the end of this wonderful story, I find myself lacking the motivation to even go on the net.
    The way RRK ended the story really was brilliant, but it was so sad. I was almost crying! Seriously. :_| I can't believe she did that to Obi. I can't believe she did that to Bali? How could you, RRK? The writing was, as I said, brilliant, but it was too sad, and too much of a cliffhanger. How are we supposed to survive those long months waiting for the next story? I seriously doubt that it's possible. I really am too obsessed.

But, now that the story is over, and now that you've all inevitably seen ep 2, I must direct your attention back to AUP. Firstly, read the chapter entitled The Book of Falling From Grace. Now, go back to ep 2 and review the Obi/Jango fight scene on Kamino. Anybody else notice the similarities? (I'll give you a clue: It has something to do with hanging from a rope.) :D Just something I picled up while while watching ep 2, almost two months ago.
    Okay, there it is: Possibly my final rant on this board. Isn't it sad? :(

24. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Jesus fricking Christ, Red.

It's now 6:53 am my time, and I've been reading both AUP and TLTP since 1:00 am nonstop.

I needed a fix and you are the pusher.

I do not know sufficient superlatives to shower on you for these two fics.

{deep bow} Thank you.

Edited to add: Yes, I'm still thinking about these two stories they touched me so deeply. I keep thinking what a shame it was that Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn thought that wearing the mantle of the master of the Chosen One would keep him warmer than being master and part of the little family Obi-Wan made with Bali and Bant. He could have been part of that, but he opted and lost out and now, to his regret, he knows it.

The very reason these two men are and feel so wronged, hurt and damaged by each other is because they love each other so deeply. They wouldn't feel the betrayal so intensely otherwise, Obi-Wan especially. He is literally killing himself over it. And one of the many tragedies is that neither man can see past their own pain to understand that.

As for the upcoming final sequel...I have a bad feeling about it for Bali and Qui-Gon.

25. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Wonderful story, Red! Can't wait for the next part to come out. The snapshots are also really good.

I got a question about the board and was wondering if anybody could answer it for me. What does "TAGGED" mean? I've sean it at the end of several thread headers and can't ever figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.