main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The Book Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    I have the trilogy and would be glad to bring them out on the 10th if you don't get them earlier.

2. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    Wait a minute! There are Star Wars books out other than Han Solo: At Stars End, Lost Legacy, and Han Solo's Revenge? Just jokeing. But seriously, "Hey, you kids! Get off the back of my star destroyer!"

3. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    I just read Legacy and I have to admit that I am pretty impressed. We all know the general plot (those of us reading those books) and all, but it wasn't done in a dragging manner and Karen Traviss did a wonderful job of moving between the different characters and character-groups that are off doing various things throughout this (and previous) books.

I eventually will read the prequel books (and the various intermingled stories) but since they keep adding more and more of those in all sorts of places I just decided to not do the "from first to last" approach to reading them all (I've read many of them already anyway) since it'd be my luck they'd add enough earlier and middle years stories that I'd never get to these latest series! [face_laugh]

And to the person, or persons, who asked or wondered about the upcoming books in the series:

# Inferno by Troy Denning {Released Aug 28, 2007} (40 ABY)
    # Fury by Aaron Allston (Release November 27, 2007) (40 ABY)
    # Revelation by Karen Traviss (Release February 26, 2008) (40 ABY)
    # Invincible by Troy Denning (Release May 13, 2008)

{My information (dates) comes from Wikipedia and Amazon.com.}

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    So.... Anybody finished the Death Star book?

5. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I've just started it. It's got an awesome first chapter about a Tie Figther pilot. Great way to start the book!

One kinda dissapointing thing so far is, and I don't think this is spoiling anything but?

Basically the entire development history of the Death Star is explained in the first half of the second chapter. And it's sounds just like it's taken word-for-word from the Essential Chronology (though I haven't rechecked to verify that.)

I'm still finishing up NJO: Balance Point, so I haven't even started the third chapter of Death Star yet, but I have to wonder what the rest of the book is supposed to be about.
    If it's YET ANOTHER story of a rebel agent stealing the plans, I'm going to be greatly dissapointed. There's already way too many people envolved in that.

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So... I finished the death star book...

SPOILERS BELOW

Can you imagine if you were a bloke who decided that the death star was a better/safer place to be than where you were??? I mean... I spent half of the book cringing about what was going to happen to them. I totally loved how the end brought in the events from the movie... And Tarkin got to get "jiggy with it"...you know, if she'd been around more he might have been a little more pleasant to be around...

All in all it was a pretty good book. I enjoyed it... I'm just sitting waiting Fury for now...

7. WeyrleaderZor

Sep 10, 2006
    Well you know the rebels ALWAYS said (of any operation of this sort) "Many Bothans died to bring us this information." So it only seems natural that there'd be a dozen poor saps stealing the plans over and over, surely ONE can manage to actually get away and live long enough to pass the information off to someone (who in turn lives long enough to do the same - and so on until it gets back to the people who will actually KNOW what do to with it). ^_^

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    S P O I L E R:

Well, there's not any of that many rebels stealing the plans... The only thing that you get is how the plans got off the station in the first place... They don't really go into it any farther than that... but, the end gets interesting... and not just becasue I'm an Obi-Wan fanatic... it was pretty neat how the people you got to know in the book met or didn't meet their ends... I was relieved and suprised and saddened all at the same time... But, I kind of liked it.

9. WeyrleaderZor

Sep 10, 2006
    That sounds pretty cool. I'll have to read that one someday.

10. StarkRhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    Death Star was a pretty interesting story. You should check it out.

I picked up Republic Commando: True Colors. It's the usual hard read because of all the military jargon that takes a minute to process but plenty of action this time as opposed to the last book. At least so far. I'm only half-way through it.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Anybody else done with Fury...

I have to say I was completely taken by surprise by the fact that...

SPOILER...HIGHLIGHT TO READ...

Lando and Tendra are having a baby...

I need someone to talk to about it... So, get to reading.

12. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Loved True Colors. Hope we get lots more of these... I wonder how many more she can fit in before Order 66 and what will happen then?

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Dodge: That the 3rd Republic Commando book?

14. StarkRhavyn

Jul 11, 2003
    Yeah, that's the third one.
    Rumor has it that the fourth book will be called "Order 66" so I'm pretty sure this is it until then.
    THAT'S going to be interesting.

Sorry, Hyper, I'm a long way from Fury.

15. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    You think your a long way from Fury, I only at the 2nd book in the Han Solo Trilogy(The Hutt Gambit) over half way through it.

Sometimes reading in chronological order sucks

16. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Does anybody have the Lando Trilogy that I could borrow, I'm just about finished with
    the Han Trilogy and the Lando books are in the same time frame. If so, just bring them
    to the get together at Connie and Matt's this Saturday. Thanks in advance.
    ShadowScout Out

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I think I can dig those up. Might not be by Saturday though... *crosses fingers* depends on how the treatments are going.

18. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    DARTH BANE RULE OF TWO IS OUT!!!!!!!!!![face_devil]

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    is the new LOTF book still supposed to come out today? I tried to pre-reserve it at the library a couple weeks ago and it wasn't in their computer yet.

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Dodge, I bought it today at Hastings, so I don't know why the library wouldn't have it? Maybe because it's a paperback?

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It's weird. They've gotten all the other books from this series. I ended up buying it at Walmart and already finished it.

Anybody besides me sick of "good guys" having firing resolutions (metaphorical and literal) on Darth C and not taking the shot?

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Yes... I frakking sick of it.

But, the last author gets the last word (I guess)

Though there is no official word that Darth Wannabe dies in this series???

Is there?

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, what about all those hidden Sith? Are they going to surface and be the genesis for another 9 book cycle?

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    You never know.

But, I figure as far as Del Rey is concerned... They know that if they publish it... we most likely will read it...

Go over to the Memphis EU thread and see Qui-Gon's Tim's take on the little Del Rey symbol for books published in the era of Legacy... It's quite the hoot...

And I have to admit that I agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.