main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Borsk Fey'lya Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by EDO100, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    I officialy announce the creation and grand opening of the Borsk Fey'lya Fanclub. This is a place to discuss, debate and speculate everything and anything having to do with the character known as Borsk Fey'lya who i believe is one of the most interesting, often over looked and misunderstood characters of the EU.

everyone can come here even non Fey'lya fans.

so come on in!

Mod Edit: Edited title at authors request :)

2. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Geez you can make a fanclub for just about anybody these days. :p
    Just kidding. I somewhat liked Fey'lya, at times. He was just a politician, doing what politicians do, and unfortunately he didn't do it so well.

3. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Fey'lya was one of the best charachters in the entire EU. Any saga which has a political aspect needs a dodgy politician who while not being evil is selfish and manipulative. BTW Zahn may have created him but MAS wrote his charachter beautifully.

4. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    To whom it may concern:

If you have not already, and you wish to, please join the Condederacy of Independent Posters, an all-inclusive government that does not mimic a Star Wars government. Because of this, the CIP can function properly, and do something for the EUC. Please consider joining.

Sincerely,
    Boba Fett 123, Foreign Relations

5. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    I'll consider your offer bobba fett

6. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    Who's MAHS?

7. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Fey'lya's one of my favorite characters too!!

8. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    theres a jar jar fan club?..... :mad: BURN BURN IN HELL

9. fettsrules

fettsrules Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Fey'lya had power to capture the hearts and imaginations of us all. He made himself into a figure that we may all look up to. He has connections to the real world, which we are all able to identify with, and recognize in our modern society. The Borsk Fey'lya's of the world, are now governing countries, making new laws, and selling secrets to the Chinese. The Borsk Fey'ya's of our world are helping the elderly, getting rights to floor-moppers, toilet cleaners, and burger flippers, and are subjected to live on our meager taxes, to make the world a better place for the rest of us.

Fett

10. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    Let's face it Borsk was a Politician, a slimy backstaber with almost no morals, a sneaky and devious mind and the ability to manipulate almost any situation to his advantage if he could.

But then again that is why i love him!

This guy was the consumate political manouverer! He was great! If it weren't for him the idea of politics in the EU would have stagnated. Borsk RULES!

11. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    whoa i just had a case of deja vu. almost like i saw that post before, Fettrules.
    do i know you?

12. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    Probably not, but hey...

A common healthy respect for the morally deficient is a good thing! :p

13. Radovan_Karadzic

Radovan_Karadzic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I'll join the Borsk Fey'lya Fan club. i have a nagging question that i want to bring here. How did fey'lya get away with what he said at the end of "Dark Force Rising" and not get fired from the Republic Council.

14. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    i think that no one tapped fey'lya's conversation and thus there was no proof against him. however if there was no proof of fey'lya saying corrupt things then you would think that that would hurt leia's position for helping a mutiny on the "Quenfus" without proveable evidence.

I have another theory that the council reviwed what Borsk Fey'lya said and thought about it and read between the lines and realized that what fey'lya said maby wasn't so bad. Thats one of the points i want to bring is that i think that if you look closly at what fey'lya says you will realize that he's not really bad but simply largly misunderstood by the rest of the characters.

15. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I think Borsk was mostly misunderstood because he was always in Luke's way. I'm making the assumption that most SW fans are Jedi fans, and so Borsk gained so much negative feelings when he started getting in the way of the Jedi.

I saw the logic in some of his actions and even statements, though. And I thought Luke was being kind of a moron during that debate in Conquest, accusing Borsk of betraying the Jedi Academy to the Vong, when Borsk had clearly said that he did not know that the Vong were going to Yavin.

Dumb Luke.

16. Radovan_Karadzic

Apr 17, 2002
    Just because borsk claims that he didn't know that the vong were going to yavin doesn't mean that he didn't and isn't a traitor

17. Radovan_Karadzic

Apr 17, 2002
    Just because borsk claims that he didn't know that the vong were going to yavin doesn't mean that he didn't and isn't a traitor

18. Radovan_Karadzic

Apr 17, 2002
    oops, sorry i double posted

19. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Luke was over-reacting without even listening to what Borsk was saying. Later, Luke admits to his peers that he was wrong for his reaction and that he believes Borsk was telling the truth.

20. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey, Valin! You have no idea how long I have been looking for you. I still miss the hangar, even though I was almost never there, and when I was, I was mostly ignored. But I still miss it, and i miss my frequent attempts to ------ you.

As for the club...this is worse than that Jar Jar Fan Club. But Star by Star almost made Borsk heroic, but not enough to make someone forget what had happened in the past...kinda like Castro or Quaddaffi.

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    666: Pardon?

22. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I saw the logic in some of his actions and even statements, though. And I thought Luke was being kind of a moron during that debate in Conquest, accusing Borsk of betraying the Jedi Academy to the Vong, when Borsk had clearly said that he did not know that the Vong were going to Yavin.

Blaming Borsk was pathetic. If anyone had betrayed the students it was Luke. As leader of the Jedi it was his job to protect his students, not leave them on a planet in the YV invasion path.

23. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    hey mr.6-6-6, how can you consider a Borsk fey'lya fan club to possibly be worse than a jar jar fanclub?

24. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    yeah who are you 6-6-6? a jar jar gusher?

25. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.