main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Boss Crown

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Glymphid_Warlord, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    As my younger brother so astutely pointed out, in Shadow Warrior, Boss Lyonie is seen wearing the Gungan crown that we saw Boss Nass wear in The Phantom Menace. However, by the time Revenge of the Sith rolls around, we've got Boss Nass at Padmé's funeral, wearing the same crown... So, it is my consensus that something has to happen to Boss Lyonie during the events of The Clone Wars that leads to the reinstatement of Boss Nass as head of the Gungans. Thoughts? Dave and his team had better recognize and amend this potential continuity issue; if not, theysa in big doo-doo dis time.

2. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    "*Sigh...* Mesa knew mesa shouldn't have let Gungan who look like Binks to take mesa place as Bossen! Mesa taken back mesa original place! *insert blubbering noises here*"

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Is this really that big of a deal? He could have retired or whatever.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Maybe Grievous returns (with Gunray) and slays that irritating Jar Jar-clone to revenge his embarassing defeat?:D Or then Boss can have his crown after his term is ended and new crown is made for new boss- then Nass couldä've been in funeral as retired boss and Lyonie's crown is similar but not the same one...

5. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Who could have retired? Nass? Or Lyonie?

6. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Both could have.
    It makes sense that Nass returns after Lyonie is killed.
    I don't see why they didn't just create Nass, surely it's not too much trouble/expensive.
    Perhaps Nass just took a holiday to a disco.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's not unheard of to be allowed to keep certain perks after you retire.

Boss Nass may have been allowed to keep his crown, with a new one being made for Lyonie.

Who cares, really?

Btw, just looked it up, and their crowns are different colors.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The Queen of Naboo doesn't serve for life. There's nothing I am aware of that says the Gungan leader does. Nass could have retired or his term could have been up, etc. As to why he has a crown in ROTS, maybe it's a ceremonial thing, or maybe he DOES get put back in power after Lyonie.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well.... this has a thread of it's own.....

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It was probably an oversight; a stupid one, if you ask me. Now, we have to assume the Gungans have the same dumb politics as the Naboo.

11. sam_

sam_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2011
    There can be a simple explanation to this situation. Tought it seems obvious that when ROTS was made Boss Nass was the Boss of the Gungans just like he was in TPM. I do think they will provide a logical explanation to this situation even if its not a huge inconsistencie.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, like say he was incapacitated at the time, or he went missing off-world. Nah, it's stupid no matter how you cut it.

13. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    Boss Nass merely attended the funeral and wore ceremonial garb.

14. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well there are a number of possible explanations.

If the thrown in elected: the 'Boss' of the Gungan people is elected from the aristocracy. Following his term of office Boss Nass retained either the crown of his 'house' of the aristocracy (i.e. the office of 'Boss' rotates from each aristocratic house with Nass retaining the leadership of his house yet not of the Gungan people) or he retained the crown as a surviving former 'Boss' as a recognition of his term and leadership. Perhaps each aristocratic house has a different colored crown and this rotates after a given term; so each leader of each aristocratic house has a crown yet not nessisarily the Gungan leadership.

If the throne is inherented: Boss Nass retired from office and, because he remained alive following his rule, he was given the honor of retaining his crown as recognition of his royal leadership (perhaps as leader of the royal family yet not of the Gungan people). Perhaps Nass retains the true crown and the other crown is an intermediate crown when the former monarch retires yet does not pass away.