main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Bounty Hunter (OCs, ISRR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Space_Wolf, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I started writing this in response to a challenge entitled First Impressions in one of the original character threads ages ago. That challenge thread has long been dead, and if I'm correct (I've not been on the boards for ages), it should be replaced by the OC Database. It should have been a shrot story, and what usually happens when I attempt to write short stories (with a few being an exception), they either turn out not very good, or I tend to want to write more...this story falls into the latter. It was originally posted under an old user name of mine, but since the e-mail account I used to sign up for that account is lost, I've had to make a new account. I've avoided posting it up until now because it can take me ages to finish a story. This one is now almost finished and I should have it completed (hopefully), by the end of the summer. In September, I go back to uni - I'll be in my thrid year! I was unable to finish it last summer because our computer suffered blue screen and we had a lot of family problems which I won't depress people by going into here. If it's not completed by September (early October at the latest) then the story will have to be put on haitus. Thanks for reading. Oh yeah, I'll try not to post loads too quickly - sometimes when I have a story finished or almost finished, I end up doing that and the story sadly fails to get a following because I've posted it all too quickly. I will be going on holiday sometime next month, so there will be no updates then. One other note, since parts of this story was posted quite a number of years back, it probably won't be eligiable for the fan fic awards (if they still have them on here.)

Title: The Bounty Hunter
    Author: Emimar
    Characters: Shiba Black (oc), Flik Sivrak (oc)
    Era: 6 months after ANH
    Rating: PG-13
    Category: Action
    Summary: Following the desturction of her homeworld, Shiba Black tries to rebuild her life. She meets the mysterious Shistavanen bounty hunter, Flik Sivrak, who is much more than he seems!
    Disclaimers: I have not, am not, and will not recieve any profit from the creation of this story. I do not own any of the canon Star Wars characters that feature in this story.

Chapter 1

It had been six long months since she had gotten the news that Alderaan had gone, along with her husband, Chan and the rest of her family except, fortunately, for her daughter and son, who had been on Corellia with her at the time. She had first stepped foot in the Bounty Hunter?s Guild a little over a month and a half ago, after she?d decided to sell her medical practice. It had not been a decision she had taken lightly ? in spite of her husband?s death, the practice had been a comfortable source of income, but the knowledge that she would never see Chan again and her homeworld had eaten away at her until she could no longer stand living there.

That and the fact she?d grown increasingly frustrated with the new regulations that the Empire had kept burdening her profession with ? her major at the University of Medicine had been exotic species, or in lay man?s terms, aliens. Because of that, her practice had been heavily taxed so that she had to charge her customers higher prices for the same medical procedures that humans paid only a fraction for. Combined with the fact that her patients, unless they were Drall or Selonian happened to work in low paid jobs or forced into unemployment just because of their species, she?d had to send more and more patients away, or treat them for free. That had meant she?d had to buy medical supplies that didn?t work as well on aliens or drugs that weren?t cleared for use on aliens, which meant their use was illegal. The new owners, she knew, had decided to just treat humans and she often wondered what would happen to those who she could no longer care for.

That the Empire had undermined her chosen profession made her angry, which was just as well as her body language kept the Bounty Hunters at bay. She figured that her demeanour at that moment must have been intimidating enough to keep the more stupid of the 'tough' guy wan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.