main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bounty Hunter {Wars}

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PadmeA_Panties, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I read the first two books when they first came out, and finally got the 3rd book.

Trying to peice together everything.

In an overall {counting outside of this trilogy}, what all happens?

Like, with the Guild, when did it start, disband, etc, who all were in it, did it have any major impacts?

What all has Bossk, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, etc, done that is known of, etc.

Thanks for any info.

2. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    say lez le *bump*

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As far as the stories of the other hunters (and Boba Fett) go, read the Tales of the Bounty Hunters book. The hunters also feature in quite a few comics.

4. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    I have read that book.

I was just wondering how they all fit timeline wise, and what other connections there are. Like Dengar dieing in Heir to the Empire trilogy.

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Actually, that turned out to be another bounty hunter named Denger Roth. Whether Zahn intended it to be the movie Dengar is debatable, I guess, but the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook cleared it up rather neatly.

As for the Bounty Hunter Wars, I cannot in good concience recommend it to new or casual Star Wars fans, but you'll likely enjoy it if you're a hardcore Boba Fett fan, or a continuity buff such as myself. IMO, the books aren't as bad as they're made out to be by many.

6. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    Yea I've read the first 2 right when they got out {I actually wasn't going to read the other SW books, just these because it had the Bounty Hunters, but then I decided to spread my love}, and just got the last one, and started reading it.

I was just hoping for a timeline of events and such that involve the BH'ers and the Guild.

Thanks.

7. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    Nobody can make a timeline thing?

8. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Sorry, I;ve only read the first book...

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The THEN sections of the book take place around a year before Empire. The NOW sections, of course, take place during and immediately after Jedi.

10. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    According to my notes, The Mandalorian Armor's "Then" sections take place at 6 months after ANH, while Slave Ship and Hard Merchandise's "Then" parts take place ( I think ) at 1 to 1.5 years after ANH.

11. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    I'm working through Hard Merchandise, and don't have access to the first two anymore, and its been over 4 years since I've read them....

How does the Guild get broken up?

12. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    If anyone utters the name Kaut of Kaut, I will force them to read the Glove of Darth Vader everyday for the rest of their life! :mad:

[face_mischief]

13. Astral_Bug

Astral_Bug Jedi Master star 1

Sep 19, 2005
    I think it was 'Kuat of Kuat'. That assembler just had to have so simmilar name Kauadar-or something (*goes and checks his book colection).

As for Guild and how it gets broken, IIRC Boba Fett was just the catalizator and Bossk saw the oportunity and took over.

IMO the best part of the whole trilogy were the dialogs beetwen Xizor, Palps and Vader (internal vandeta beetven Dark Prince and Ani-Vader). And that cross time-space Force-choke by Vader from his StarDestroyer(=Powah! Unlimited Powah!) Just; in book it says it's Super SD, I thought there ware just Executor and Lusankya(sp?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.