main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Bounty Hunter's Guild

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shadow Trooper, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Do you enjoy hunting sentients for credits. If the answer is yes than this is the place for you. This fan club is a place for anyone who is interested in Bounty Hunters from any era to discuss their favorite Bounty hunters and the profession in general in the Galaxy Far Far Away.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think it is interesting to see how people like Boba Fett and Aurra Sing reacted to the Guild trying to pursuade them to become members.
    We all know what happened to Cradossk's section of the Guild after Fett joined.

Still, in the Imperial Era, bounty hunters would have to be registered for operating in Imperial Space if I am not mistaken. At the end, even the non-members of the Guild were forced by the Empire to register and become a part of a bigger whole.

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  3. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    It has always bugged me to see Bounty hunters mostly ignored by Legitimate governments in the EU. I have always applauded the Empire's good sense to use such resourceful and effective individuals in productive, lawful work such as hunting Rebel Alliance terrorists and renegade Jedi.

4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Many bounty hunters solely worked for the Empire (operated under Imperial contracts) untill the Battle of Endor.
    Even Fett who disliked the idea of becoming a member of a Guild.

I also loved the storyline in Republic in which Windu, Fisto, Kolar and Tiin were sent to the Crimson Nova Guild because its members were taking on contracts offered to kill Jedi. The Guilds were created in the past by the Republic to regulate bounty hunting and now the system they created turned on themselves...

5. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    I don't see why a legitimate government would hire a freelancing bounty hunter whom they know has killed and captured people in illegitimate circumstances and have dealings with unlawful and most likely wanted, people.

6. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Bounty Hunting was still a legal profession, even under the Republic despite Bounty hunter's criminal associations. It just makes no sense to me why governments like the Republic allow the profession to exist and yet are shown never utilizing and often being attacked by Bounty Hunters. Even the Rebel Alliance was not adverse to using Bounty hunters, attempting to recruit Dengar, as well as hiring 4-Lom and Zuckuss for a number of jobs including the capture of Governor Nardix and the retrieval of Han Solo from Boba Fett.

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I do not know whether some of you live in the US, but to me (as Belgian) "bounty hunting" is something pretty strange.
    Maybe an American could tell something about the history of bounty hunting in the US?

8. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Bounty Hunting played a huge role in law enforcement in America during the 19th century "Wild West" period. The government often lacked the man power or resources in the west to apprehend outlaws so they would hire private organizations like the Pinkerton detectives agency. Modern bounty hunters usually work for bondsmen and are payed to retrieve fugitives who try to skip their bail. I have always enjoyed the prominence of Bounty Hunters in the Star Wars EU as it gives the galaxy a bit of a western feel which I think meshes well with the gritty lived-in feel of the galaxy in the OT.

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Yes, indeed, especially the OT has a kind of "western" feeling.
    The cantina scene, the bounty hunters, the Tatooine landscape...

I think bounty hunters are too often nothing more than hired killers.
    In almost every storyline, they are hired to eliminate someone.
    While in fact, that would be the job of assassins.

In the movies, Fett was hired to capture Solo. No disintegrations, remember.
    While in Episode II, Zam Wessel and Jango Fett were hired to kill Senator Amidala.

In regards to Boba Fett, I think the EU has changed the way people think of him.
    Suddenly, he almost seems the good guy while in the movies he clearly is a bad guy.

10. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    I wouldn't consider Boba the greatest of guys. I recall reading in a comic (please don't ask for details, I remember little) that instead of killing a prisoner he interrogated, he dropped him off onto a savage planet with lots of hound-like specimens. If my memory hasn't failed.

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I believe that was a story in Tales.
    Tales did have another great Boba Fett story in which his wife and daughter are revealed.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.