Beyond The Bounty Hunter's Story *New Updates coming soon*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Spike2002, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. headhunter6 Jedi Knight

star 1
    anything i can do to help?
  2. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    He couldn?t help but gasp at what he saw in front of him.

She raised her arms in a welcoming embrace and Fenix fell into them, hugging fiercely the figure of his late mother, Tara.

That was pretty low.

I can't wait to see how she'll die...

lordmaul13
  3. headhunter6 Jedi Knight

star 1
    personally, i love her death. not as exquisite as the previous 3 but it's still good. i had imagined this scene for the longest time and writing it was one of my favorite moments.
  4. tatooinewizard Jedi Master

star 4
    This certainly is a place full of sick people isn't it ;)
  5. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Well I'm home for a coupla hours kids. Update in a few :p
  6. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    ?I just have one rule.? The Clawdite wheezed through its baby-like mouth and its chest heaved as it spoke. Even with the large eyes, Fenix caught a sly glimmer in them. ?There are no rules.?

Dash rubbed his knuckles and grinned. ?I like the sound of that.?

?The style of this duel will be very ironic.? She turned to Fenix. ?In your life, Mr. Reiner, you have always been doing the hunting. How will it feel to you becoming the hunted??

?Eh, I?m kinda used to it by now.? Said the bounty hunter as he shrugged casually.

The Clawdite scowled, not expecting that type of answer. She nodded her head in approval instead. ?Good.? She reached for her side and withdrew a wicked looking blade from its sheath. Still facing the men, she pointed the blade outward away from the office/work area and into the bowels of the factory. ?Run...? She said. ??and run hard. I?ll be coming for you in a minute. You?d better make this a good hunt.?

Needing no more encouragement, Dash and Fenix bolted out of the workstation and into the fiery factory with weapons in hand. Djo?ann smirked as she stood watching the backs of the two men making their way through the factory. Soon they disappeared but the heavy clanking of footsteps on metal walkways continued to echo. The droning of the factory eventually drowned the footsteps as well, leaving the Hunter with nothing to help her find her query. She closed her eyes and held them tightly shut as she began to transform. Seconds later, she had become the human female in red the men had seen her as. She opened her eyes and smiled. ?Time to hunt.?

Beads of sweat dripped down from the tip of his nose as Fenix ran across a metal walkway that bridged over an enormous pit of molten material just meters below him. Dash followed closely behind and there was no doubt in the bounty hunter?s mind that his partner was going through the same ordeal. It had already been a minute since they left the Hunter, a minute since they had been running blindly throughout the factory trying to get a sense of where they were going. Sparks rained downed harmlessly from welders and assembly lines from above them while giant vats moved in a line next to them over the fire pits gathering molten metal for forging.

?I don?t like this one bit.? Dash said, panting. ?How are we supposed to fight her unless we allow her to come to us.

Fenix halted in his tracks and turned to face his companion. ?You know, Dash. That doesn?t sound like such a bad idea. We could??

??split up?? Dash finished. ?And open ourselves up to be attacked individually at her own will??

?It worked before??

?Those were different circumstances.?

?How so??

?Well?we were in, ummm?a cave. And?and?ummm??

Fenix raised an eyebrow that challenged his claims. Dash, seeing this, sighed in defeat. ?We?ll split up.?

?Good man. I?ll go up. You stay down. Be careful.?

Dash nodded in agreement, then continued running down the walkway. Fenix grasped the rungs of a black metal ladder and began climbing.

The slender figure halted and peered downward at some peculiar drops of moisture. She bent down and brought two long, skinny fingers to a small puddle, then brought them to her lips.

Salty?sweat. They came this way.

The remainder of the sweat drops evaporated in the heat before she could examine them closely. She brought her head up and saw in the distance the small figure of the smuggler running down the catwalk and rounding a corner. She looked up and saw the form of Fenix through a plume of black smoke climbing towards the upper assembly levels.

So, they split up. This should be interesting?

The Clawdite continued her movement, passing the ladder and remaining on the catwalk.

?Sithspit!? Dash swore. ?Dead end.?

After several minutes of walking aroun
  7. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Five meters?Ten meters?Fifteen?The gap slowly began widening as each second past. Dash began feeling comfortable once more as he began smiling. There would be no way for her to make the jump.

Why do these guys have to do it the hard way? I mean, whatever you do, don't just shoot her.

lordmaul13
  8. tatooinewizard Jedi Master

star 4
    Why do these guys have to do it the hard way?

Because they can never do things the easy way?
  9. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Maybe they're too smart to realise that they could just shoot the bitch?
  10. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Djo?ann cursed once more, failing to eliminate the first of her targets. She looked down at her left hand and scowled upon seeing her first two fingers twisted in awful looking positions. She had to commend the smuggler. For as brief as their struggle lasted, she was surprised how lively the middle-aged man could be. She rubbed her jaw on both sides and winced as she felt swelling developing where she had been struck. Ignoring the pain, Djo?ann smiled as she looked in her other hand. At least she had a more formidable weapon, the blaster she had stolen off the smuggler. Bringing her new weapon up she looked through the factory and saw a figure in the upper levels nearing one of the giant incinerator towers. Djo?ann grinned, stealthily jogging towards the figure while acquiring her new identity.

Fenix leapt down from the small moving platform and back onto a stationary surface. The sprawling factory had become a maze full of moving walkways, ladders, staircases, dead ends, and obstacles created by heavy machinery. Standing at the topmost level of the factory with the ceiling just meters above his head, he found himself on the other side of the factory where he and his partner originally started. It also gave him a birds-eye view of everything. He spotted an open area several levels down near the middle of the complex and he found it wise to head toward there, thinking it would be the ideal place for a formal duel to take place. He looked down and saw a river of molten metal separating the two halves. He turned back and found himself on an empty, flat platform adjoined to a giant smokestack that continued upward into the ceiling. A spiral staircase wrapped around the tower and Fenix took each step one at a time cautiously.

The staircase ended halfway down from the tower at a heavy black door that creaked loudly when Fenix opened it by spinning an old-fashioned doorwheel. He stepped inside and the door clanged shut behind him.

The interior of the smokestack was covered in dark ash and soot and a sulfurous scent was present. Rickety, metal scaffolds continued where the stairs outside left off, spiraling around the sides of the smokestack before ending at a similar door on ground level. Lacking guardrails to grab onto on the scaffolds, Fenix brushed up along the sides, ignoring the fact he would have to clean and polish his armor when he and Dash got through with this. Black smoke rose from the bottom of the smokestack and Fenix turned his head away to keep from inhaling the nauseous fumes.

As he proceeded deeper into the lower levels, the tower began to widen. He reached the bottom and stepped of the scaffolds, relieved he wouldn?t have to bother with their unstable feeling anymore. The bottom of the smokestack was a large circular room with an enormous incinerator in the middle. A conveyor belt from the factory carrying garbage and old parts dumped these items into it. Roaring fire belched out with each item deposited into the flames and puffs of black smoke billowed upward from a small hole on top of the incinerator.

A flicker of movement through the smoke at his side alerted Fenix. He around only to find nothing there although a nagging thought in the back of his mind kept telling him he was being watched. A soft patter of footsteps coming from the other side of the incinerator sounded and Fenix raised his blaster in front of him as he walked slowly to investigate. Through the dark haze, Fenix suddenly spotted a male figure standing harmlessly. The bounty?s hunter face scrunched, confused upon seeing the figure. The light, green silk tunic stood out and Fenix realized he was from another world and he had a fair guess where. The man stood with hands at his sides, hands that were wearing rough-looking brown working gloves. The suntanned tone of the figure?s skin hinted at a tropical world, and again, the light, silk tunic suggested that it was a humid one. A mass of uncombed brown hair lay on top of his
  11. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe they're too smart to realise that they could just shoot the bitch?

Don't you mean too stupid?

For a brief second, Fenix stood believing the man in front of him was indeed Arin Zhamnov, his father, but he knew it was too good to be true.

Why does she do that? Why not take Dash's form?

lordmaul13
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Don't you mean too stupid?

No, too smart. That option is too simple for them ;)
  13. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Dash gripped the handrail and leaned over it to peer ahead and below his position. Several meters below him on the next level, he thought he heard the sound of something banging against a metal surface, as well as inhuman cries and yells. He spotted the smokestack and it?s exit and eagerly watched as the door wheel suddenly began spinning. The skinny, light framed figure of a Clawdite dashed out of the tower and slammed the door shut. Just before spinning the door wheel shut, Dash heard the screams coming from his own partner. Djo?ann turned away from the door and started walking away. She suddenly halted in her steps and peered right up at him. Then she smiled.

?Why I oughtta?? Dash muttered. He reached down at his blaster and frowned when his hand came across an empty holster. ?Hutt spit!? He swore to himself as he suddenly remembered what had happened to it earlier. He looked back down and saw the Hunter twirling his weapon in one finger like a bully stealing a younger kid?s toy. Dash sneered at the Clawdite who returned his expression with a slight nod of her head before taking off out of sight.

Dash looked back at the smokestack and heard heavy banging on the door. He made his way down via staircase and approached the black door. Just as he reached for the wheel, he withdrew his hand. The wheel was already spinning. Dash stepped to the side as the door swung open, revealing the calm form of Fenix Reiner who surveyed the factory before him.

?Fenix, you?re okay!?

Fenix turned his head to face his partner who just noticed he was present. The smuggler frowned when he saw the grim expression on his partner?s face.

?She got away.? was his only reply.

?I know. I just saw her.?

?I had her??

Dash closed the distance between each other and attempted to console Fenix with a pat on the shoulder. Realization suddenly lit up in Fenix?s eyes and he instantly recoiled away from Dash, taking up a fighter?s stance.

?Nice try.? The bounty hunter said coldly.

?What are you talking about, Fenix??

?You know what I?m talking about, Djo?ann. I almost fell for your little trick.?

?Fenix, I?m not Djo?ann! It?s me, Dash!? Dash pleaded.

?Sure you are, Djo?ann.? Fenix insisted. ?If you?re the real Dash, what happened to your weapon you always carry, hmmm?? he said, raising his eyebrows while saying this.

?She took it from me wh??

?A likely excuse, but I don?t buy it.?

?Fenix, you?re making a serious mistake!?

Fenix started bouncing on the balls of his feet with an eager look on his face. ?You won?t get away from me this time.?

?Fenix, STOP!?

?Too late!? Fenix sprung forward and launched a fist at Dash, who simply sidestepped out of the way as the bounty hunter rushed by. Dash turned to face his partner and Fenix whirled around.

?I don?t want to hurt you.? Dash warned.

?I do!? Fenix roared.

Fenix hunched over and charged with arms outward to catch Dash. Dash leapt up and bounced off a guardrail as Fenix passed by underneath him. Fenix responded quicker this time, turning around swiftly with a punch. Dash landed back on the platform and brought a hand up to trap Fenix?s wrist, stropping his attack, then used his other to restrain his partner?s other wrist. Fenix tried to rush forward into Dash but Dash countered by leaning forward, bring his weight to stop Fenix?s advance. Fenix strained under his partner?s surprisingly superior strength as he gritted his teeth.

?I will kill you for insulting my family like that!? Fenix threatened. Dash not to say anything, only sympathizing for his partner in silence. He felt sorry for Fenix, who was completely blinded by his own rage and thirst for revenge. If he saw his parents being mimicked by someone out to kill him, he would be pretty upset too. Both men whirled around with hands and wrists still interlocked. Dash pushed back on Fenix, letting go at the same time to separate themselves. Fenix backpedaled to the guardrail behind him as Dash realized in horror he pushed his partner away too hard. Fen
  14. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Fenix, I?m not Djo?ann! It?s me, Dash!? Dash pleaded.

That's why you don't split up. That's why you just shoot the b****!

?I have a bad feeling about this.?

You wimp. A pacifist senator did it, surely a tough as nails bounty hunter can get the job done.

lordmaul13
  15. tatooinewizard Jedi Master

star 4
    That's why you don't split up. Especially when you're working with a shapeshifter. Even I saw that there could be this type of problem.

You know none of the male Hunters got called bastards or anything. What's all this bitch business about anyway?

You wimp. A pacifist senator did it, surely a tough as nails bounty hunter can get the job done. Basically.
  16. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    What's all this bitch business about anyway?

You should know by now Fenix's ego cant take being beaten by a woman.
  17. tatooinewizard Jedi Master

star 4
    It wasn't Fenix I was worried about...
  18. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Maybe LM13 sympathises with him.
  19. tatooinewizard Jedi Master

star 4
    And you too, I take it?

Sorry I'm being a pain in the ass. Well, not really, but I thought it was the thing to say ;)
  20. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    What's all this bitch business about anyway?

I dunno. She got called a bitch earlier so I guess the name just kinda stuck.

I think I'll start calling Fenix and Dash our heros.

lordmaul13
  21. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  22. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Dash watched from his position as his partner swung to safety, only to come across another grueling test on a conveyor belt. He took of running, hoping to catch up with his partner in attempt to save him. There has to be a shutoff somewhere?

Dash crossed bridges, ran across walkways, jumped down stairs three or four steps at a time. The catwalks, walkways, and platforms clanked underneath him as he ran. He kept looking over at his partner a distance away, who stood contemplating his fate as he slowly advanced forward.

Preoccupied with running through the factory and trying to help his partner, Dash failed to notice two legs in a red outfit suddenly swing down from above. Boot heels crashed into his chest launching him backward. He brought his head up to see Djo?ann?s human female form swing down from a platform above. Letting go, she flipped before landing, striking an intimidating pose. Dash sprung up on his hands, flipping his body upward to stand up again. Djo?ann charged and leapt in the air, spinning her body to land a left boot into the side of the smuggler?s head. Dash fell again, only to be helped up by the Hunter. Pulling his hair with one hand, she began punching anywhere on his torso.

She pushed him backward and Dash noticed on her face she wasn?t playing around anymore. Her teeth were clenched together and her mouth and lips drooped downward to show she meant business. She ran toward Dash with a recoiled fist, only to have it restrained as Dash reached out before punching the Hunter across the face.

Djo?ann twirled away from her attacker and reached for her side. Knowing she could only be searching for his stolen blaster, he ran towards her to prevent her from finding it. He opened his arms up and wrapped them around the Hunter in a bear hug as he tackled her, just as she pulled out the weapon. Both people fell to the ground as Djo?ann let out a high-pitched female cry. A clattering down the platform perked Dash?s ears and he looked up to see his blaster spinning away out of Djo?ann?s grip. He picked himself off of Djo?ann, pushing her back down to bring himself up. He took of running and didn?t get far when a strong grip on his boot pulled him back down. The woman jumped onto Dash and quickly transformed into Clawdite form. Almost immediately, thick, dark brown hair sprouted up around the head as a muzzle began to protrude from the nose and mouth. Eyes shrunk and became more beady and her teeth extended until they became fangs. The leathery tan skin darkened to a near black and large, pointed ears rose on either side of the head. Hot, rancid drool dripped onto Dash cheek as he watched in horror as the Clawdite began transforming into a Shistavanen ?Wolfman?.

The weight on his chest increased as the transformation continued. Thin, dainty fingers extended and human-like fingernails hardened as they became solid black and deadlier looking. Not wanting to be around when the change was complete, Dash sent a knee up between the Wolfman?s legs. Immediately a painful howling sound was emitted. The hairy figure reached down to protect his injured area, allowing Dash to roll out from underneath him and run away. He heard a snarling as the howling stopped and he looked back long enough to see the Shistavanen bounding after him. He looked back ahead and saw the platform ended a dead end. Despair flooded him as he continued to run knowing it was pointless. He looked up and noticed a chain hanging just above the edge of the platform, a chain connected to some kind of ceiling rail system. He smiled upon seeing this and looked back once more to check his attacker?s progress. He ran at top speed and suddenly leapt of the edge. Below him lay a molten pit waiting to claim him if he were to fail. Instead, he gripped the chain firmly and suddenly he began sliding across the factory. He looked back and saw the Wolfman dead in its tracks. Even though he wasn?t human, Dash could tell it was utterly caught off-guard by his bold move. He watched in humor as it tried to pick
  23. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    For a brief moment, Fenix stood perplexed, wondering what he was looking at. At first, he believed he was merely looking at his reflection in a mirror. When the other Fenix smirked when he didn?t, however, it finally dawned on him that the Clawdite Hunter and transformed into an exact copy of himself.

?Not bad.? Fenix complimented, throwing in just a hint of sarcasm.

?I manage.? Replied Djo?ann, her voice sounding exactly as the bounty hunter?s.

The imposter Fenix raised his arm and the real Fenix spotted Dash?s blaster in her grip. Just as she fired, he dropped low ducking under the first bolt. He sprung up and kicked her blaster hand, delighted to see it fly out of her hand and clatter along the metal platform into the dark, smoky mist.

Trying to keep an eye on the blaster, the fake Fenix leapt upon the other figure, tackling him to the ground. Recovering from the surprise attack, Fenix was surprised to see the copy of him was just as strong. The Fenix that was actually Djo?ann reached for her opponent?s throat. The real figure rolled around, switching positions. More rolling around occurred as the battling figures fought to gain the upper hand on the other. Any watching bystander would suddenly become dizzy trying to keep track who was who. A punch from one Fenix laying on his back sent the other falling backward, allowing time to get up and pin the other down. However, just as the one sprung, the other tucked his feet close to his chest to deflect his attacker away, then countered with crashing tackle. Grabbing hold of the front of one?s armor, the other continuously slammed him as he picked the other off the ground.

From out of the corner of his eye, Fenix spotted the blaster just a few, short meters away. The other Fenix had seen it too and there was a brief pause as both looked at the blaster and stared back at each other. Immediately there was a mad scramble as the two bounty hunters crawled, kicked, punched there way to it. One Fenix knocked the other back down, only to be tripped as the fallen bounty hunter grabbed the ankle of the other trying to run. Both picking themselves off the ground, the two Fenixs jumped at the same time, reaching for the blaster while trying to stave off their opponent.

They landed just short of the weapon, as their fingers sprayed out trying to grip the handle. From out of nowhere, an extra set of fingers trickled down from above, grasping the black handle of the blaster and picking it up from the metal grating. The Fenixs stopped moving as they trained their eyes on the figure below them, now pointing the blaster in their general direction.

?Get up slowly.? Dash said coolly.

The real Fenix stood up quickly and approached his partner with a sigh of relief and a grin on his face. ?Thank heaven you?re here??

His smile quickly faded when the blaster became trained solely on him.

?Back away.? Dash warned.

?But, Dash. It?s me!? Fenix pointed to himself.

The other figure behind him stepped forward. ?No! I?m the real Fenix! Don?t listen to him!?

?Dash, please!? pleaded one Fenix with crude hand gestures.

?Don?t listen to him?? said the other pointing to the one next to him.

?Dash, trust me??

?Dash!???Dash!???DASH!?

Dash raised the blaster above his head and fired, sending a scarlet lance of energy upward, its echo ringing throughout the factory.

?SILENCE!? He bellowed.

?B-B-But?? stammered one of the Fenixs. Dash turned his arm to face the speaking Fenix.

?Not another word.? He warned again. He gazed left and right, staring at the figures that looked exactly alike in every aspect, down to the injuries both had sustained. He even noticed a clean, round hole in the right hand of both persons.

He added, ?We will be doing this my way or one of you will have to pay.? He glared back and forth upon them. ?Now, which one of you is the real Fenix Reiner??

Almost immediately, he knew that was a stupid question to ask. Both figures suddenly erupted in their defense, shouting and waving their hands about. Da
  24. tatooinewizard Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it did take awhile, but she finally did get shot.
  25. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.