main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Bounty Hunter's Story *New Updates coming soon*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Spike2002, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Davir Alandro pressed the door chime on the wall next to the guest quarters onboard the Phoenix. He heard the soft ring inside and seconds later a female voice replying, ?Come in!?. Alandro pressed the switch and the door slid open with a soft hiss.

The poorly lit, dull gray quarters revealed only the bare necessities; bed, table, closet, chair, and refresher. A travel satchel lay open on the bed with its contents strewn on the bed.

?Give me a minute. I?ll be right out!? came a sweet voice through the refresher door.

Alandro turned his head away from the refresher and his eyes fell upon the table along the far wall of the room. He walked over and looked down seeing several solid black travel cases that had been emptied. He looked on the table and saw all sorts of datapads, machines, consoles, and lab equipment arranged in a neat order. He picked up one datapad and examined it, seeing the words ?Yuuzhan Vong? pop up frequently.

Behind him, he heard the hiss of a door opening, alerting him the woman had stepped out of the refresher.

Before giving her a chance to speak, he spoke first without turning to face her. ?Tell me Ms. Quee. Just what exactly is the purpose of your work??

He turned around and was surprised to see a young, attractive female shaking her wet blonde hair with a gray towel that matched the room. ?My work is trying to shed some light on the mystery of the Yuuzhan Vong. As you can see in my thesis you?re holding??

??but why are you here?? Alandro interrupted.

?I have several untested theories that I?ve been dying to try out. I figure this would be the perfect time, especially since this whole defense is a bluff.?

Alandro?s eyes narrowed. ?What makes you think that?? he said coldly.

Danni laughed. ?Oh please, General. You don?t need to hide anything. We?re on the same side for crying out loud. I?ve seen how the defenses have been arranged. I?ve seen better defenses set up from my five-year old cousin and his models.?

The General did a closed mouth smile. ?You seem to be a very intelligent young woman, and you are indeed correct. However I do not see a reason for you to stay and test your theories when this thing is a hoax. It would be a waste of your efforts. Besides, we?ve been constantly up-to-date with the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. Our targeting computers and scanners have been programmed to deal with these beings.? He paused and looked into the young scientist?s eyes and was surprised to see her smiling slightly.

?Well then I?ve got a question for you, General. Who do you think developed those programs??

?I?? his mouth hung open for a long period of time as his eyes darted back and forth before finally resting upon the woman in front of him. His mouth snapped shut and he smiled warmly as he suddenly realized what she was getting at.

?Would you like to use our equipment?? He asked politely.

?That would be great.? Danni said, nodding and grinning.

While his commanding officer tended to other business, Commander Krystofer Pyke had control of the bridge, something he quite enjoyed whenever he got the chance. He sighed, not allowing the boredom of the bridge at the moment to get to him. Behind him he heard the whispered voices of conversations, the beeps of machines, computers, and consoles, and the steady hum of the Phoenix itself.

Standing straight with his legs together and hands clasped behind his back, he gazed out at the other ships arrayed before him. The line of refugee ships had been reduced to a trickle as most of the Agamarian population had already been evacuated and the New Republic and Imperial ships that made up the task force remained steady in orbit. Several pinpoints of movement directed his attention somewhere out in deep space away from the planet. Immediately the bridge crew responded.

?Multiple targets dropping out of hyperspace!? Spoke a sensors operator.

?We?re picking up Yuuzhan Vong ships from the edge of t

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Haven't seen this in awhile. And I missed an update or two. Oops.

?It has begun.? He added.

And it's a long way from over.

lordmaul13

3. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    And it's a long way from over.

You're not kidding...

4. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Commander Krystofer Pyke had control of the bridge

Isn't that a young adult horror novelist? well with a different spelling change it would be.

5. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    There was a Captain Christopher Pike in Star Trek.

lordmaul13

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, blame Ryan's love of Star Trek for that.

Course I love Star Trek too, just my references are more subtle :p

7. headhunter6

headhunter6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    wait until you see my other references...u can telli really love First Contact.

8. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    lol, I was wondering when you were gonna get arount to posting RotBH. :p Didn't realize you were just tagging it on to the end of the first ep.

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Duh :p

Had the two men known over a month ago that the Peace Brigade stationed on Bimmisaari were actually collaborating with the Yuuzhan Vong and turning its employees into servants, Fenix Reiner and Dash Rendar would have turned around. Unfortunately, that was not the case. After several freak encounters, a rescue mission, and four excruciating duels, the two men finally returned to Bimmisaari, this time knowing full well what they were going into with no turning back.

?Are you sure you want to go ahead with this, Fenix?? Asked Dash. ?Entering an enemy stronghold and being vastly outnumbered isn?t really my idea of a fight. The odds of us??

Fenix cut in, ?Aren?t you Corellian, Dash??

?Yes I am. But what does that have to??

?Forget the odds.?

The docking bay lay empty. No tech droids wheeled about. No dockhands lay waiting to assist incoming and outgoing ships. Not a single person was present to tell them what to do. No ships were around as if the two men had their own private bay. Both men climbed down their vessels. Fenix stepped down cautiously with a blaster pistol in hand clad in his usual bounty hunter armor.

The eerie silence disturbed the bounty hunter. ?Let?s go.? He said, waving his weapon in the direction he started walking in. The familiar corridors contained no signs of life. No fellow employees. No stories being told or echoes of laughter around the corner. They passed the mess hall where it all began. Once always filled with people, the massive gray hall was now empty, completely lifeless. The gaming hall was empty too. The sabaac tables were empty and their chairs were neatly tucked in. The dealer droids were no longer present, appearing as though they had been forcibly removed.

It was no surprise now as they came across the empty amphitheater, where Fenix and Dash first became partners. The same for the residence halls as they walked through them warily. They found their quarters and examined inside, finding everything had been cleaned up and refitted for the next duo to move into.

They exited the quarters and continued walking. After several minutes of nothing, Fenix held up his hand to halt their advance. He stared at a doorway, one that was usually kept shut by a sliding door.

?Hold on a sec.?

?What is it?? Dash asked.

The bounty hunter looked around and noticed the particular markings of the area he was in. ?This was where I encountered the doctor, had trouble opening his door. Wonder why it?s left open.?

?Fenix, don?t go in there. It could be a trap.? Warned his partner.

?Stay here and keep guard. I?ll be back in a minute.?

Fenix stepped into the room and shivered, feeling a cold draft come down from an overhead vent. The room contained a desk opposite the entrance. The walls were bare with no sort of decoration leaving what resembled some sort of office very dull. The bounty hunter began walking out of the room when he noticed a sliver of bright green light underneath a wall panel. Walking back behind the desk, Fenix hunched down as he brought his hands up to the wall panel. He pried with his fingers and discovered the panel swung open, revealing a hidden room behind the office.

The dark room was illuminated by a glowing green protozoan organism that bobbed up and down in some kind of fluid within a glass containment shell. The walls were rough and porous, resembling the very yorik coral the Yuuzhan Vong utilized. Pieces of biotechnology lay about on work tables, objects Fenix had never seen before and had no clue guessing as to what their functions where. Just like in the adjacent room, an organic-looking desk rested in the back of the ?office?. Something that resembled a chair was pulled out from behind the desk, although Fenix couldn?t imagine how a being could find comfort in furniture with spikes in it.

Too consumed with his discovery, Fenix didn?t see the lone figure appear silently through a fleshy portal in the side of the

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I would update, but these computers won't let me get onto the next chapter. So I thought I'd up it instead.

11. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    ?Stay here and keep guard. I?ll be back in a minute.?

Somebody slap Dash upside the head. You would think he'd have figured out that they get in trouble every time they split up.

Just like one uses a hand scanner to gain entry into certain locations, the Yuuzhan Vong use such methods with blood, only he didn?t have the right clearance to go through.

That's a good idea. That sounds like something they would do.

?I have a bad feeling about this.? He murmured.

Listen to that feeling...

lordmaul13

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, they must be the thickest duo since...Laurel and Hardy...

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Now I can update.

A strong pair of hands gripped Dash?s arms and held them tightly behind him. He looked over his shoulder and saw the scarred face of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior who returned his glance with a feral grin. The Corellian winced as he felt a tight pinch around his wrists understanding they were Vong binders. He gave up trying to resist and turned to face the altar where his partner lay. The one-eyed Yuuzhan Vong had shifted over to Fenix?s side with Cam following closely on his heels like a pet, the dagger still held firmly in his grip. His purple cloak billowed in his wake and his black, organic armor glistened under the light. Long black scythes sprung out of the armor in various places, including from the legs, forearms, and behind the neck.

?May Yun-Harla smile upon us all today!? spoke the one-eyed Vong addressing the crowd. ?It is the Trickster that has brought these glorious sacrifices today to further the cause of the Peace Brigade and to continue to glorify those who serve her!?

He peered down at Fenix who could only stare back helplessly. Dash noticed small grooves etched into the altar that ran underneath his body and limbs. He traced them to the foot of the altar where a red slug-like creature lay waiting. The Yuuzhan Vong pressed the point of his blade into Fenix?s left hand and twisted. A spurt of blood rose up and began pooling in his palm. The blood trickled through the crevices of his fingers and began flowing through the etchings in the altar towards the creature that started making squelching noises as the blood reached its mouthpart. Fenix forced his eyes shut and bared his teeth, holding back the shouts of pain.

The blade point lifted out of the bounty hunter?s hand and the Vong placed the blade horizontally along his arm. The Vong smirked before sliding the blade softly down his arm, drawing a line of blood after it. It dripped off the sides of his arm and into the small canals that channeled the blood away. Fenix?s breathing quickened and Dash tried to escape from his captor. Held back, he could only watch as his lips scrunched in frustration.

The blade withdrew from his arm and Fenix looked up into his enemy?s eye. He saw the blue tendrils that decorated his forehead and hairless scalp, religious tattoos that carried an unknown meaning. Over his shoulder past the armor scythes he saw the head of his former friend, Cam Heatley, wearing a sickened expression on his face. He looked back down at the blade as it hovered in the air centimeters above his body as it moved down towards his thigh.

A high-pitched whirring sound resulted in heads perking up and turning to face where it was originating. Dash and Fenix managed to turn their heads as well and saw everyone, even the Vong conducting the sacrifice, had their attention to the living cavern entrance. The wall glowed a bright orange as the whirring built up into a steady buzz before exploding in a massive fireball. Before anyone could react, a hail of red energy bolts mowed down the first two rows of Peace Brigade employees. The whining blasterfire echoed throughout the cavern as two figures stepped invincibly through the smoke and fire with rotating mini cannons strapped to each arm. Another hail of fire brought down more lines, penetrating the Yuuzhan Vong warrior lines as they charged forward with amphistaffs raised or thudbugs and razorbugs in hand.

Two more figures emerged from the smoke and fire, each surrounded with an invisible bubble that staved off the danger. Clad in familiar tan and brown robes, the two male Jedi Force-jumped over the surprised mob and landed deftly right next to the captured men. With a dual [i]SNAP-HISS[/i], bars of purple and white energy extended outward. A Vong warrior standing guard by the altar caught the growing point of the white lightsaber through the eye before collapsing in a heap on the ground. Dash ducked his head as a purple lightsaber arced his way. He looked down at the ground and saw his captor?s head suddenly roll away with a surprised l

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
  15. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Wow, two updates I missed. That's what I get for not coming over here like I used to.

Jedi... always there when you need them.

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yup.

In other news, since Ryan has disappeared and not written anymore new chapters, I'm temporarily ending this story when it reaches the end of the arc we're on.

When he does start writing again I'll obviously start up again, but we've got a few more weeks (months if I can stretch it) till this arc is finished.

17. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Disappeared?

18. headhunter6

Apr 4, 2002
    Darth Social Life, Darth College Life, and Darth Writers Block have teamed up against me...

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, I only have time for vignettes at the moment, never mind adding to the 30 chapters of TWoTT I've done already.

20. headhunter6

Apr 4, 2002
    i wrote a new chapter yesterday...thank you Geoff!

21. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I haven't seen this thread in awhile. I never responded to the last update. I think I read it though.

lordmaul13

22. headhunter6

Apr 4, 2002
    i'll ask simon if i can continue posting updates...

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Sorry, been ignoring this story for some reason.

24. headhunter6

Apr 4, 2002
    UPDATE!

All hell broke loose. Fenix fired without aiming, knowing at least he?d hit something among the sea of Yuuzhan Vong warriors. The remainder of the Peace Brigade employees had already fled, still capable of common sense the bounty hunter thought. He turned his head to the left and extended his left arm and began firing, then turned to the right to do the same with his right arm. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back, taking in the thrill he was administering. The roars and bellows of death sounded in his ears. His arms swept slowly forward until both blasters were firing side-by-side in front of him as he concentrated on a single Vong warrior charging the bounty hunter. Red bolts lanced into the warrior?s chest, only to be absorbed by the vonduun crab armor. Several more came its way, penetrating the living protection and striking the Vong in various places. The scarred alien shook as it was hit over and over, like it had been electrocuted. It fell to the ground dead, leaving the bounty hunter to find a new target.

He ran up next to his partner. ?Do we have a plan?? asked Dash without turning to face Fenix. The bounty hunter drew a bead on the nearest Vong warrior and fired, then replied, ?Kill some more.? shrugging as if it was the obvious answer.

Fenix turned around for a brief second and spotted his former friend and the one-eyed Vong fleeing from the fight through a secret door in the back of the cavern. The bounty hunter growled and turned back to his partner.

?I?m going after him.?

?Who?? Dash asked after lining up a shot and firing.

Fenix simply stated, ?Cam?.

?Good luck.?

?I?ll be back.?

With that, Fenix turned away from the fight and began his personal hunt.

This sacrifice went terribly wrong. The gods won?t be happy. The nervous Yuuzhan Vong ran through the corridors. Behind him, he heard the heavy footsteps of the human Cam Heatley. There had been several times where his work had led to failure but not as catastrophic as now. Not only would he have his masters to report to about his failure but also the gods, who were now missing a very important sacrifice.

A reassuring thought suppressed his uneasiness. In every previous failure, he had always managed to survive, to continue living and serving the Yuuzhan Vong as a proud Executor. He had seen the worst situations and lived to tell about them. He had escaped from near death encounters. He knew, even in failure, Yun-Harla still smiled down on him. The Yuuzhan Vong smiled. He would make it out of this mess alive. He would survive because he?s Nom Anor.

Cam tried to run as fast as he could after his superior. Not wishing to go down like the rest of the warriors and employees back in the chamber, he fled when he saw his boss fleeing too. He knew where they were going. His superior had told him before he had an escape ship for emergency purposes. He had never seen the ship but he knew better than to doubt his master.

A third set of running footsteps could be heard behind them. He turned around and spotted the minute figure of Fenix Reiner, charging like an enraged animal. ?We have company.? Cam warned.

?So I hear.? Nom Anor said. ?We are almost there.? He added seconds later.

Cam nodded and looked back at the bounty hunter. His eyes widened when he saw Fenix gaining on them rapidly. The already nervous Cam broke into a frantic run. ?Must go faster!? He spoke in a trebled voice.

The two turned a corner and approached a dead end with a single sliding door. The door contained a rectangular glass window that revealed a private hangar housing a single A-Wing fighter.

?How are we going to fit???

?Don?t worry. I?ve got it all taken care of.? Assured the Vong.

?CAM!?

The two approached the door and Cam turned around to face the bounty hunter that was screaming his

25. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    The already nervous Cam broke into a frantic run. ?Must go faster!? He spoke in a trebled voice.

This guy doesn't look like Jeff Goldblum does he? :p

The A-Wing took off on a cold start, leaving behind a crestfallen Cam Heatley who was just now starting to understand his master?s last words. Cam turned to face Fenix who was beaming.

Have a nice life Cam.

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.