main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Bounty Hunter's Story *New Updates coming soon*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Spike2002, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Voted for this in the fan fic awards, would have voted for the other, but due to my lack of reading it because of the intimidation factor considering its bulk, I didn't think it fair.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Thanks TW.

3. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
  4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    As above...

5. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    The Mon Calamari star cruiser came out of hyperspace right on top of the Thyferran Sun. Almost immediately, the two bounty hunters raised the Sun?s shields just as the comm crackled to life with a voice Fenix and Dark Tracker hadn?t heard in years, but still remembered.

The gravelly voice spoke, ?Thyferran Sun, this is Admiral Ackbar from Home One. If you will be so kind as to lower your shields and dock your vessel. I need to speak to you, Fenix, in person.?

Fenix glanced over at Tracker, who was shaking his head. Fenix nodded in agreement, then replied. ?I?m sorry Admiral. Empire or not, my decision remains. I?ll have nothing to do with your problems. Goodbye?

Over the comm, they could hear a sigh. ?Very well then Mr. Reiner, you leave me no choice.?

The ship shuddered as thundering sounded from outside the ship. Tracker looked at an instrument panel, ?We are no longer moving, they have a tractor lock on us.?

Fury and rage coursed through Fenix. Cursing loudly, he worked madly at the controls trying to break the lock.

?That is not going to help.? Advised Tracker.

?Then arm lasers and blow that tractor beam projector! There?s no way they?re going to take us like this!? Fenix shouted with a crazed look on his face like a trapped animal.

Tracker took the controls, and fired. As if anticipating this, the Mon Cal cruiser raised its shields, absorbing each shot. Again, the comm sounded, ?I think it would be in your best interest to join us for this once, Mr. Reiner. Prepare for docking.?

Panels, controls, and lights suddenly crackled as another thundering sound impacted upon the ship?s hull. Ion cannon shots. With the ship crippled and locked, Fenix?s anger only increased.

?They have us in their docking bay.? Tracker alerted Fenix a moment later.

Fenix grabbed a blaster pistol from an overhead storage compartment and stormed towards the exit ramp. A gentle thud signaled the docking of the ship and Fenix activated the switch, climbing out of the ship with the hatch not even halfway down. The last thing Fenix saw before being engulfed in a wave of blue energy and sudden darkness was a squad of troopers with their blasters trained on him.

Fenix awoke with a groggy feeling and a splitting headache. Trying to remember what had happened, Fenix investigated his surroundings. Finding himself not in a brig, he discovered he was actually in the clean, white medical bay onboard. Getting up from his bed, he found Tracker conversing with a 2-1B medical droid. Seeing Fenix conscious, Tracker strode over.

?Finally, you are awake. Ackbar?s waiting.?

Tracker led Fenix through the vessel?s halls. Fenix, still unsure over what happened, asked Tracker.

?After we were locked and disabled, you lost control. As you exited the ship, a small squad of troopers had you stunned and sedated to control your behavior. We are hoping you will not have another outburst like before.?

Fenix tilted his head, cracking his neck, then rolled his shoulders. ?Trust me, I?m fine.?

After several minutes of walking and riding a series of turbolifts, Fenix and Tracker found themselves once again inside the office of Admiral Ackbar. Ackbar greeted them just like before, shaking their hands, then taking a seat behind his wooden desk.

?Fenix Reiner, I?m sorry we had to meet under these circumstances but we need to talk. Plain and simple, we need your help.?

For the next few minutes, Ackbar explained the Senate situation to Fenix and Tracker and why he chose them, leaving out the name of the senator they were after.

?As you can see Mr. Reiner, you fit our description perfectly. We could set you up with everything you would need and once you?re done, we set you on your own way again. The whole thing couldn't be done any easier.?

?Admiral, you said before I would make a great squad leader or wing commander, and I told you I?m none of those. Now you?re saying I would make a great sp

6. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Vengeance... This is going to be good.

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    All in a days work. And he gets paid :)

8. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Why are you doing this to me?!

It's complicated. Call it vengeance. :D

lordmaul13

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, its my friends birthday and we're going on a camping trip/getting drunk on a riverside.

So here's an update before I go.

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    During the return trip to Coruscant, Fenix was given a complete rundown of the situation by New Republic Intelligence. Seated in the meeting room along with Intelligence personnel onboard Home One were Admiral Ackbar and Councilor Borsk Fey?lya, who said nothing as he stared Fenix down with a look of disgust and scorn. Speaking at the head of the table was a middle-aged man, dressed in a gray uniform with the rank of Commander pinned on his left breast.

?We will provide you with a false identity, one that can be backed up and won?t raise questions. We will also arrange for you to be put on the guest list for the Shesh?s next house party. We are hoping with your knowledge of the estate, once you are in, will be able to find the evidence we need. We believe it will be in his personal computer somewhere within the mansion. Wherever you look, try not to arouse suspicion.?

The Intelligence officer nodded to another who stood up and began speaking at the head of the table, the first officer taking his seat. In his hand was a briefcase, which he laid out on the table and opened up.

?Military and Intelligence will provide you some equipment to assist you. Now pay attention Mr. Reiner.?

The first thing he pulled out appeared to be a money card, but that thought was thrown out once Fenix got a closer look at it. Being the same size as a money card, the green device had several wires and power conduits etched into it.

?This card is what we like to call an Idiot Card. Simply insert into the data imput/output drive and it will immediately begin to search and download for whatever you assign to it. Any idiot could do it, thus the name. An included feature will also allow you to hack into the computer system without setting off any security systems. This alone is the mission. Lose it or damage it, and you?re going to be doing everything the hard way.?

Next he pulled out a small rectangular box containing ten small darts

?These are special wrist darts, tipped with a substance that will disrupt the connection between the nervous system and the brain, rendering a person unconscious for a short period of time. We assume that once you begin your search, you will encounter house guards. We strongly advise you to avoid taking casualties. Instead, rely on any other method in your arsenal. The darts can be fired from your wrist gauntlets, something we?ll have arranged before you leave. We suggest you wear them underneath your outfit. They really wouldn?t go well with the wardrobe we have set for you.

?What outfit?? Fenix asked.

The officer continued, ?You?re attending a house party, Mr. Reiner, a senator?s to be exact. If you?re going to be walking through their front door, then you?ll have to dress like everyone else. In other words, we hope you?re fond of suits.?

Fenix rolled his eyes. ?Oh great.?

?That?s not all I?m afraid. We are going to have to take you to one of our stylists. We?ll change your eye color, hair color, grooming, and the works. We need to make you look unrecognizable. Keep in mind that there will be people there who remember you. If they catch a hint that you are there, your safety and cover, as well as the mission, are blown.?

Fenix nodded. Never in his life had something so big been placed on his shoulders. He looked over at Ackbar who only nodded back. These people really trust me? He began to speak.

?Although I have been to their mansion, I wish I could say I knew where everything is. To tell you the truth, I?ve only been there twice. Never have I actually been inside, aside from one room.?

Ignoring the looks and gasps of surprise, he continued. ?However, I will still go along with this. I see that you trust me enough, so I?ll still go. I believe I can do this. I want to do this.?

There was silence as Fenix paused for a second to recollect his thoughts. ?No matter what happens, I guarantee I will come back with what you are looking for. You?ll have to trust me on this.? A fiery look burned in his eyes as

11. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Enjoy the trip.

?you?ll just have to decide how much pumping is needed.?

That's funny! [face_laugh] I had no idea Fey'lya was such a comedian!

?Don?t worry. I?ll do just that.?

Remember, business, not personal.

lordmaul13

12. headhunter6

headhunter6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    i sort of based this coming scene and some of the lines off of Tomorrow Never Dies, one of the James Bond films just so you can sort of picture it as you read along.

13. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Why do I have the feeling that Fenix is still going to go after the personal side of things?

Hope the weekend was fun, Spike.

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah it was fun. A week...yes...no weekend, just week of misadventure, drunkeness, illegal substances (sssshhh) and missing my welfare cheque appointment this morning (slept through it)

15. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Oh I was confused, and I thought yesterday was Friday too. Go figure.

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah, good ol' alcohol ;)

17. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Well, that would be able to explain a lot except for the fact that I don't drink.

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *shocked*

My God...how do you manage?

19. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Only because I know I need my wits about me. Well those that I can manage to scrounge off the floor at any rate.

Plus I'm rather to close to an alcoholic and someone else who's getting there (well he was getting there. For now he's stopped but he's says he's going through withdrawl because he's Irish). It hasn't done anything for either for them.

Plus I personally think I have better things to spend my limited funds on than something that I'm just going to end up leaking out anyway.

Sorry that was a long answer, but that is the full reason why I cope.

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Fair enough.

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    The reception hall was filled with beings dressed in their finest, mostly human but occasionally Fenix caught a glance of a Bothan or Duro. Women wore lightly colored gowns and dresses while the men were in suits or other popular formal attire. Standing in a line, Fenix saw Viqtor Shesh near a door leading into a vast ballroom, greeting each guest personally. Waiting for a few minutes, Fenix finally stood face-to-face with the senator himself. Let?s see if this disguise pays off.

Fenix accepted the senator?s hand and shook it firmly. ?Hello Senator, nice to meet you.?

Viqtor?s eyes lit up, probably something he had done for every other guest. ?Ah yes, you must be the Corellian banker I heard about, Lance Nyfield. I seem to collect them these days. Please, enjoy yourself tonight. If you have any problems, let me or any of the house staff assist you. I look forward to chatting with you as the evening progresses.?

Fenix nodded as he managed to force a grin. ?I shall look forward to that. Thank you.?

With an exchange of courteous nods, Fenix turned around to walk away, leaving the senator with the rest of the incoming guests. A figure dressed completely in black stepped out of a curtain from behind the senator.

?Did you catch all that, Ms. Dull?? he asked.

?Yes, sir.?

?Good. Keep an eye on him. Get a gown and join the party. There?s something about this banker?? His words trailed off as the next guest stepped up to greet him.

Fenix stepped through the doorway and into the vast ballroom. Near the center of the room was a nicely polished wooden floor, with people already dancing to a lively Kuati beat that was being played by an exceptional large band on a stage near the back of the room. Around the dance floor were tables, where several guests were already seated and eating or drinking, exchanging gossip or the latest news. The dark red walls were decorated with strings of white lights going around the whole room as well as around the circle of pillars around the dance floor. Looking up, Fenix noticed several crystal chandeliers that illuminated different shades of yellows, blues, reds, and greens. Overlooking the entire ballroom were several balconies, branching out from somewhere on the second floor.

A server carrying a tray of drinks approached Fenix. Taking a drink, Fenix walked over to a staircase leading upstairs, hopefully to one of the balconies. Reaching the second floor, Fenix found a balcony populated by a couple drinking and chatting. Leaning himself on the railing, Fenix looked around the entire room. He noticed several doors leading deeper into the house, something he would have to check into using trial-and-error to find wherever he was going. He took a sip of his drink and nearly spat it out, his face distorted with a look of disgust. He sat his drink on a nearby ledge, leaving it there for a housemaid to pick it up. When I get out of here, the first thing I?m gonna do is get me a nice ale.

The couple left the balcony, leaving Fenix alone to himself, trying to figure how to move on into the house. His thoughts didn?t get far. It was as if an alarm began screaming in his head. He could feel her presence, behind him, just standing there. Pretending he had no clue she was there, Fenix continued to look out, hoping that she might have the wrong person and turn around and walk away.

She stood there for a while, just looking at the man. She had read the guest list days earlier and saw his unfamiliar name. After getting a good look at him through the party crowd, she followed him upstairs and onto the balcony, where all she could was stare at him, wondering if it was indeed whom she thought it was. The shape of his body looked exactly like his. His arms, his legs, the way he walked, and the way he hunched over the railing. It was all too familiar.

Viqi stood there in silence, then fin

22. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Viqi playfully punched him as she giggled loudly. ?Don?t be silly, you can drop the cover. My dad?s too busy with the party. He won't notice if I'm gone for an hour." Viqi winked. "We've got lots of "catching up" to do!"

[insert derogatory term for very loose woman here]

Viqi?s mouth dropped in disbelief. Fenix saw what was coming, but allowed it to happen anyway. In one solid motion, Viqi slapped Fenix across the face,

How do you like it? Payback's a...

lordmaul13

23. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I can't believe that Viqi! I never liked her anyway. Besides I think she's up to something.

Plus now I can see where the 'Tomorrow Never Dies' bit fits in, although I didn't think I would because I somehow forgot most everything about that movie.

24. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Glad you liked everyone. As usual, next post Wednesday.

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Up, for some more readers. Need to attract some more apart from the usual.

No offence to my usual readers, me and Ryan thank you for being so loyal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.