main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Bounty Legend vs Disney Canon w/ OCs Updated Mondays Chapter 18 UP! Updated August 21, 2017.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MartyAvidianus, May 15, 2017.

1. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Chapter XVII Wynette Nierre

“No, my grandmother didn’t fight against the war against” Wynette Nierre explained to her fellow Jedi student, “the Empire, she didn’t even leave Jelucan her entire life. Here, take the turner, while we add more water to the tank.”

“Why don’t you keep turning the thing while Nessa and I add the water?” Nesstor Mook asked while closing the distance between them and taking the bar from Wynette. He turned the bar counterclockwise, which in turn moved the landing lights on the only landing strip on Chusan X.

“I just wish the Grandmaster would allow us to use telekinesis to do the hard labour work. Or even better, have modern equipment installed here. We could be pushing buttons and drink blue milk right now.” Nessa Mook, Nesstor’s twin, complained, holding the handle on the other side of the water bucket. “Why didn’t she fight? Was she a coward?”

Wynette wanted to dump the steaming water onto Nessa Mook’s head. Instead, she breathed just like the Grandmaster taught her. Moments later she was calm again. The water found its place on the reservoir tank instead of Nessa’s clothes. Wynette faced her acquaintance. “On the last day of the official examination for the imperial academies, her best friend’s father found her alone in the Fortress, their secret hideaway. and broke both of her hands and her left leg before...” Tears threatend to drop on Wynnette’s face. “Anyway, it was the examinations for imperial naval academies. No telling which side she would have fought for. She ended up working as a supervisor at the local mines, like her mother before her.”

“We didn’t know you were a miner’s daughter.” Nessa Mook moved slowly with the heavy weight of the water bucket. “Lower it a bit. There.”

“So how did you find yourself here?” Nesstor Mook asked while turning the bar that generated the light outside. “At this new Jedi academy?”

“Some hotshot general of the government named Tyrell was retiring on planet five months ago. A Jedi Knight named Kam Solusar was present at the ceremony. I went with my parents. Our Muunyak almost started a stampede, and I run and grabbed its rein while no one else did. Jedi Knight Solusar said I was Force sensitive, and asked my parents for permission, so here I am.”

It’s general Thane Kyrell you stupid Jelucani farmer. You see, our parents are in the ministry of education on Coruscant, and their parents before them. Even a general like Kyrell knew our family is important and visited us frequently. Now that Nesstor and I are going to be Jedi Knights, we Mooks will be more famous!” Nessa crowed.

If she just tilt the handle in such a way right about now, but no. Wynette was a Jedi.

“Well, General Kyrell also knew my grandmother. He personally visited the Mine number one, where she worked. So the only general of the alliance to restore the Republic from a former separati--” Wynette refused to feel embarrassment on behalf of her family. She knew Grandmother Wynnet felt nothing but pride for her work at the mine. She really missed Grandmama. Wynette was saved from further introspection by the sound of water boiling.

“That’s enough water for another three hours. I’m going to get more from the well, unless one of you want to go?” Wynette asked her fellow Jedi students who immediately shook their heads. “Then keep turning the bar and keep the fire on. I’ll be back soon.” She opened the door, taking the empty water bucket with her.

“How’s it going in there?” Grandmaster Luke Skywalker was standing by the well.

“They are complaining about the hard labour. Don’t understand the lesson behind no telekinesis.

“But you do?” The Grandmster helped Wynette balancing the lead weighted bucket and putting into the well manually, still no Force assisted telekinesis.

“There are situation in which we Jedi may not always have access to the Force.” Wynette said, getting water into the bucket while the Grandmaster helped.

“Partially. However, among other reasons you also needed to learn cooperation. You also need to learn to trust each other, but the most important part is to learn patience, knowing with time and sweat you are able to overcome all obstacles, no matter the hardship. I’m afraid the Mook twins failed at most important parts of this exercise.” Wynette stopped raising the bucket. She wanted to apologize, to explain that she was older, was supposed to guide the younger students, that the responsibility was hers.

The Grandmaster smiled. Taking the water bucket away from Wynette using the Force.

“Hey! I thought we weren’t allowed to use the Force today.”

The Grandmaster laughed and ran toward the light generating shack, the bucket of water, not losing a drop, followed him like a stampeding Muunyak

When the Grandmaster assembled all 15 students of to the auditorium Wynette knew something major has came up. She just didn’t know what happened, but it was probably bad, because the Grandmaster’s face ashen.

“Thank you for all joining me this moment. I know some of you are in the middle of assembling your first lightsaber.” The Grandmaster paced on the raised platform. “I have news from Coruscant.” The Mook twins glanced at each other, in the fifteen students, they were from the capital planet. “There was an attack by an unknown party. Details are scarce, but a known reliable source tells me it may have been an Imperial Remnant command ship. The planet has declared martial law. Currently there is no direct communication with the planet.”

The entire room was standing. “Was it Daala?” Nessa Mook asked loudly, “Has there been anything from my father?” “You don’t know what you are talking about!” Somone, it may have been the fat Germoz kid, pushed himself toward the panicking Mook girl.”

“Everyone stay CALM.” The grandmaster projected his voice, and the commotion died down.

“We do know that Coruscant was attacked. We do not know who it was. There is no point in placing blame until we have all the information. Now, I do have news about your training as Jedi, three more Jedi Masters will join me at this academy shortly to complete your training. They are Master Corran Horn, Master Sebatyne, and Master Cilg--”

“I heard a rumor,” Zorrio the rodian finally spoke up in a low voice, “someone is hunting Jedi, offering huge bounties, all the--”

Now everyone was panicking, and the Grandmaster didn’t bother to stop the students. It’s probably when the droids started attacking.

Only in holofilms did Wynette saw so many B1 battle droids. They weren’t that hard to defeat, being dumb and fragile and only a problem in overwhelming numbers. For trained any Jedi with her lightsaber, it was more than a nuisance than any serious problem to deal with them.

The problem is inside the auditorium, only a couple of other Jedi students, like Wynette herself, knew simple telekinesis, most of them only knew how to stay calm via meditation. The Grandmaster was there, of course, but he chose not to activate his lightsaber as yet for some reason.

The battle droids quickly surrounded the students and the Grandmaster, herding them in a circle with their blasters, then stopped.

“Good evening.” A magna guard droid walked into the auditorium. “This unit is the property of Mistress C.R. 888. As of this moment every single person in this building is now her property. Do not resist and you won’t suffer, much.”

“Oh, I have had enough!” Nesstor Mook fished out, no it can’t be, a cylinder, can it be? When did he build it? It is a lightsaber. With a snap hiss an orange blade twice as long as normal suddenly came into being in Nesstor’s hand. He’s going for it... He is! He panicked and dropped it. The saber rolled on the ground, any minutes it would have cut someone’s feet off, but the Grandmaster pulled out his hand and the saber flew to him.

He disabled the rogue saber, and glanced at Nesstor. Then he looked at the magna guard.

“This is Master Luke Skywalker. You are tresspassing on Jedi grounds. Your Mistress will be most displeased if something unpleasant happened to you.”

The Magna droid seemed to think things over. Wynette held her breath, and gripped the brown leather band in her pocket with her dominant left hand.

“Negative. Every single one of the Jedi is worth thirty thousand First Order credits. You yourself is worth ten million FO credits. Even if you destroy every single droid here, including me, my Mistress will still be solvent financially. Regrettably the bounty is for dead bodies. Prepare yourselves.”

The B1 droids all raised their blaster rifles. The grandmaster finally activated his lightsaber, green blade came alive in his right hand. In his left hand he still had Nesstor Mook’s deactivated blade. He threw it.

Toward Wynette. Moments later numbly she shook off the hesitation and found an bright orange beast in her right hand. The brown piece of rubber was out of her pocket in her shaking left hand.

The droids started shooting. Nessa Mook went down. The Grandmaster pushed and pulled with the Force, trying to put himself before his students, and decapitating almost three droids in one blow. Yet the B1s keep coming, rushing from outside the auditorium.

The magna guard disregarded the Grandmaster and instead advanced toward Wynette. It activated its force pike, blue, almost purple energy and lightning cracked at the ends of the pike.

Wynette have never had lightsaber training. Her own saber lay half finished in her dormitory room. This is the end of her.

The force pike found itself locked with the orange, ultra long lightsaber in Wynette’s hands. The brown leather bracelet long forgotten. The damn magna guard twisted its arms and all Wynette felt was cold.

Wynette felt the coldness spread from her abdomen, spreading to her extremities. Someone screamed, someone else cried, Death was all around. The sound of blasters that assaulted her ears was started to go away. She tried her hardest to keep her eyes open. If she could just keep her eyes open. Something important she had to do, and she could only do it with her eyes open.

While she thought, the magna guard started to bring down the force pike down for a death blow. Wynette slowly turned her head and found the remains of the rubber bracelet, torn in three pieces, but it was definitely it.

The force pike was getting closer and closer.

Still looking at the piece of rubber, Wynette whispered, “Look sss... sssrough my... my...”

2. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Chapter XVIII Hamelie Mintensega
    “Admiral on the bridge.” Captain Sorn saluted Hamelie as soon as she stepped off the lift onto the auxiliary bridge.

She returned the salute and walked on the barely lit pathway. Engines five and seven were acting up again. Power had to be conserved to maintain cruising speed.

The so called Master of Ren finally decided to leave her alone for a change. He has not graced her with his presence in half a week. Just liked Hamelie preferred.

What was worrying for her is the fact that they have not been able to communicate with the Supreme Leader since the cursed antique crashed into the Razor’s Kiss.

As soon as they arrive at the Anaxes Shipyards, The Razor’s Kiss would be able to refuel, refit, and fresh pilots with new TIE fighters would be recruited.

Hamelie turned to her second in command, “Estimated Time to Arrival?”

“A little under fifteen hours, Sir.”

“Good.” She went to the port crew pit. The communication officer Bogmann, when asked if she had anything to report, shook her head. “Sir, we are still unable to make contact with the Supreme Leader. But...”

“What is it?”

“I am getting some chatter regarding our bounty for the Jedi.”

“Oh? They found Skywalker?” At last! Hamelie thought. When all the Knights of Ren failed, it was her, and regular rank and file of the First Order, who found him. If only Natasi were here by her side for this momentous occasion.

“Yes. And... I’m not sure if it’s authentic. Sir.” Bogmann was visibly agitated.

“Just report.”

“Skywalker is on Chusan X. He’s somehow rebuilt his Jedi academy and is training some new students. Some bounty Hunter called Crughoff Rei raided the place with some droids. He claims to have killed six Jedi, and want to be paid.”

“We will, of course, honor our bounty.” Sorn, standing beside Hamelie, said, “Does this bounty hunter scum have proof?”

“He says his droid army was completely wiped out in the raid,” Bogmann said, “However, he was able to send a holographic recording.”

“Recordings can be faked.” Hamelie looked at Sorn in the eyes, “I’m assuming he doesn’t have any bodies?” Seven million times five, 35 million credits, almost one tenth of the Razor’s Kiss’s entire store. Where did Skywalker find so many Force sensitives?

“Admiral! I’m picking up some strange readings of the hyperspace! It’s almost as if it’s...” The helsman, an old man called Edorszen, called.

The entire command ship lurched.

Too bad the bridge is still out of commission. Hamelie thought. The auxiliary is it.

“Commence emergency shutdown of the hyperdrive!” Sorn ordered.

“No, belay that order! Shutdown power to all non essential part of the ship! Take what you need from the life support systems if you have to! All power to the engines! We need to ride this out!” Hamelie screamed. It only happened once or twice, in the history books Eriona loved so much...

For seconds it seemed everything worked and everyone was breathing again, but Hamelie’s worst fear was realized.

Hamelie was sure the command ship was probably snapped in two as the hyperspace lane collapsed completely. The same instant every light in the auxiliary bridge turned themselves off.

Sorn! Bogmann! Sorn! Marth!” Hamelie stretched out her arms and felt duracrete. “Anybody?”

“Sir?” Sorn’s voice was on her left.

“My portalite is smashed, yours?” Hamelie asked.

“Eddia took it to play, I think. She like the blue--”

“Unidentified Superstardestroyer! This is the Galactic Alliance Interdictor Cruiser Armand Isard! You are disabled! Surrender and prepare to be boarded!”

“Huh, It looks like the Intercom is still working.” Sorn commented.

“Hel-- He-- Help.” Behind them someone coughed.

“Where are you?” Hamelie asked?

“I’m under the-- the thing. The what you call it. Oh... Oh... I can’t feel my... my....”

Minutes later they found Edorszen under a boulder that came loose from who knows where. The old man looked peaceful, simply asleep. His gray uniform now kissed by scarlet.

“Krimos!” Sorn cursed.

“We need to find a way--”
    A blade of red fixed itself on the ceiling. Instinctively Hamelie tried to pull out her blaster. It was missing! By the time her brain processed the thought the lightsaber already cut a hole in her auxiliary bridge.

Sorn pushed her, thus Hamelie avoided crashing with the man who dropped into the bridge.

“Blast it! Kylo! What do you think you are doing?”

“Shut up and listen! We have been pulled out of hyperspace by something...” The oh so wise Master of Ren said.

“Tell me something I don’t know!” Growled Hamelie, “It’s an interdictor cruiser, right out of legends!”

“Well, did you know that the Razor’s Kiss is armed with an ion canon?” Kylo countered, “That should disable the gravity generator of that monster.”

Brom, meet Srithor, Hamelie thought. “So? Power is out, probably for the entire ship.”

The ship shook slightly.

“We are being boarded.” Kylo said.

Obviously, Hamelie thought.

They didn’t need to wait long. Minutes later, amazingly, a blue blade cut the lift doors, destroying the apparatus.

Kylo brought his crossguard lightsaber down for a low guard. The Jedi, Hamelie decided the man, have to be a Jedi, charged without a sound.

Kylo reached out his hands and the Jedi was slowed, but continued advancing. In the dark, blue and red illuminated the makeshift arena.

Kylo must still not recovered fully from his wounds, because he grunted again and again in pain, the sabers locked. By the faint light generated by the crackling weapons, Hamelie noticed that the Jedi’s face was a melted mess. She realized that within moments the duel would be over. The Jedi pushed his blue blade ever downward.

“It can’t be! Anakin?”

Kylo overpowered the Jedi within a half heartbeat, and when the heartbeat finished, so was the Jedi.

“Tell me why? Anakin, how?” The Jedi muttered, lying on the bridge floor and dying.

“You call me Anakin. Why?” Kylo asked the dead Jedi, “Why?”
    “Jedi Thul! Come in!”

Hamelie smiled.

There were about five troopers in strange uniforms at every junction, fighting with the ship’s security detail and an occasional Stormtrooper or two. By the time Hamelie decided that there were no way to fight and retake engineering, Kylo had already personally executed about twenty boarders. Beside Sorn, Hamelie was able to rally about half a dozen fleet trooper and a single Stormtrooper called Merog.

“That goes that idea.” Hamelie said, “The ion canon is only operable from engineering.”

“We can’t disable the enemy ship from the Razor’s Kiss.” Sorn said, “but maybe we can win from the other side.”

“Explain.” Kylo snapped. Hamelie thought Sorn may be onto something.

The enemy is boarding us, sending all the troopers in an attempt to take over our ship. They think we would do whatever we can to defend the ship at all cost. It would never occur to them that we might take over theirs.

“The plan is sound.” Hamelie decided, “but what about the children aboard?”

“Surely the Supreme Leader would watch over them when we fight for his glory.” Merog declared.

“Right.” Hamelie said, “Kylo, what do you think?”

“Kylo?”

Typical.

When they found the Jedi’s boarding craft, they found that the explosives. So they weren’t planning to take over the ship. They were going to destroy it.

Hamelie sighed. “Well, it’s up to us now. For the First Order!”

Detaching the boarding craft was almost an art. It had been fifty or so odd years since Hamelie’s academy days, but none of the others knew anything about piloting. An oversight on First Order training. Perhaps something to be corrected.

The craft shuddered under her control, and it took an extra half a minute for each turn compared to a TIE fighter of Hamelie’s memory. But it was enough. When they were within docking range, the intercom crackled.

“Stormman Two Fourty Nine, we see you in the scopes. Report.”

Hamelie muted the intercom, and gestured to Merog, who took off the stormtrooper helmet. Long black hair revealed themselves, a nasty gash on the forehead completed the visage. Merog was a woman.

“Home Nine. Stormman Beta. This is TC-8718. We encountered stiff resistance, and we are bringing back the wounded, as well as a couple of prisoners.”

“Understood, TC-8718. Provide Green Light Code, for verification.”

“Lesh Musa 8 9 Aurek Deger.”

“Verified, TC-8718. Welcome home.”

Hamelie nodded at Merog. “Good job.”

“I hope I sold it, Sir. The code was written in the boarding craft instruction manual. Sloppy.”

“Okay, get ready.”

Merog and the others nodded. Sorn checked his own blasters, the portable vibroblades, and kissed his necklace charm.

“Positions.” Hamelie ordered. She pushed the button to lower the ramp.

Slowly, the docking bay of the Interdictor Cruiser appeared in front of her.

“Go Go G--urr!”

Someone shot her from behind.

Shouts, screams, blasters, and concussion grenades.

Someone roughly turned her over. She had no strength but to blink.

“Hamelie Mintensega. You are accused of being a traitor to the Galactic Empire, being a member of the military arm of the usurper cult First Order. How do you plead?”

Hamelie wanted to sleep so krimos much.

“Nisha.”

“--at?”

“She must stan-- trial.”

“Don’t -- stop me --ike you did --ose years ago.”

“Patience. She will die. It’s just that there is procedures. If we simply kill her now, then we are no better than the First Order.”

“You are right.Dexi. Thanks.”

“Of course.”

“The kids?”

“All accounted for. They have been rounded up and I have told Captain Rojo they were orphans from the recent conflict on Orsen IV Some kind of galactic civil war here.”

“You are sure Rojo suspects nothing?”

“I’m sure.”

“Hey, looks who is awake.”

“Well, how do you plead?”

“Krimos you!” Hamelie’s mouth was dry, she concentrated on breathing.

“Thanks, I already have a significant other.” The barrel came down and Hamelie was allowed to sleep.

3. Apayn

Apayn Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2020
  4. Apayn

Apayn Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2020
    Will you be continuing