main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Bourne Series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum, Legacy, & Jason Bourne)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, May 23, 2004.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Because they don't want to say, "Well we wanted to back and do a soft reboot after Legacy, so we basically copied the plots of the first two movies and threw in some tech plot in this one to try and make it relevant to modern day.... because reasons."

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right. I just expected it to be better, and then right after seeing it I was still on that post-viewing buzz when it still seemed good but not great. Given time to reflect more, of course, it became clear that they really just shouldn't have made it.

Something else about their apparent desire to keep it going; they basically plan to simply have used the original books as a launching pad that they'll now break with; the story of the character was really done in the trilogy, but that's not going to support them anymore. At least this newest movie at least tried to introduce the twist with David Webb's dad, but I bet they want to find a way to have new stories that can keep going, like James Bond. Doing that here will just feel forced, though.

3. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I would have figured Jason Bourne to be more of an oboe, if we're to do this GQ "what instrument were you in a previous life" thing.

EHT likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ‘Bourne’ Universe TV Series ‘Treadstone’ Ordered Straight-to-Series at USA Network

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Well that sounds pretty bad. I wonder if it means they’re less likely to try to keep making Bourne universe movies, though. After Jason Bourne came out, it was clear they viewed it as part of a renewed franchise. If this means that’s no longer the plan, that’s one good thing about it.

Still wish they had just let it be after the trilogy was done.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    First line of the series should be "Jesus Christ, that's Jason Bourne!" and then someone just flips the channel from the stock footage of Matt Damon to whoever the new protagonist is.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Fixed.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I prefer "trilogy"... I liked Ultimatum too. But I wish that Bourne Legacy and Jason Bourne hadn't been made.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I like Identity and Legacy. I hate Supremacy with a passion, it killed Damon's Bourne for me.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I like all three of the original movies as well. Jason Bourne wasn't terrible, it was just... meh. Too little, too late.
    Legacy, on the other hand, was awful. "Oh, instead of Jason Bourne being awesome because he was a natural talent and very, very well trained, it was a super-soldier-serum. That's cool, right?".

And I now realize this is the second time today where I post something negative about Bourne Legacy. Weird; I haven't seen it since it came out, and haven't really thought about it either.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair, there's really no point in not randomly slamming Bourne Legacy at any given moment.

TCF-1138 and EHT like this.
  13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    My favorite lines from Ultimatum:

Bourne: "Where are you now?"
    Vosen: "In my office."
    Bourne: "I doubt that."
    Vosen: "Why do you doubt that?"
    Bourne: "Because if you were in your office, we'd be having this conversation face to face."

:p

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  14. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Anyone catch the new spin-off TV series called 'Treadstone' yesterday?

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    haven't seen it but I did hear (on Fatman Beyond Podcast) that the one of the writers on the show said an edict on high was to not say the words "Jason Bourne" and then they splashed Jason Bourne across all the ads. :/

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    No, no, no, no....why can't they just let it die??

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They actually made the TV spinoff? I'd completely missed that.

I don't think I'll bother with it though, unless they unkill Nicky and bring back both Matt Damon and Julia Stiles. The "world" of Bourne really isn't that interesting, as proven by The Bourne Legacy. It's the characters that make the movies good.

18. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    It was a pretty good premiere I thought. The fight choreography was spot on, just like the movies. I'll continue watching.