Amph The Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum & Legacy)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, May 23, 2004.

1. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I wonder if he'll be out and about more, looking for his past.
  2. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    When is the last movie due?
  3. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Next year? Year after, something like that.
  4. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    It's funny this thread should pop up now, because after I saw MI:3 over the weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about how superior The Bourne Supremacy is in every possible way.
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I'd like to see a movie with Bond, Bourne, Hunt and Bristo all in it. That'd be interesting.
  6. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    "The Bourne Supremacy" was good, and in general, I am neither a fan of Damon nor the books. I'm interested to see what they do in the last movie.
  7. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Saw something today which indicated that they are now planning five Bourne movies. (!)
  8. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Sweet! Where was that?

Maybe J.J. Abrams will get a chance to direct one of them. That'd be amazing.
  9. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I was browsing on the 'net somewhere and I saw it. I can't find it now, of course. :p
  10. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Five movies based on a 3 book series (maybe 4, if you count that one from a couple years ago)? How would that work?
  11. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    They will use their imaginations...if they have any. :p
  12. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    The last movie was only very loosely based off of Book 2, and things like the girl dying, didn't happen, and she was in the third book. Apparently, the 3rd movie isn't really going to be based on the book very much at all.
  13. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Upped and unlocked at Trilobite request. :)
  14. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Malcom's request? :p

The teaser for the Bourne Ultimatum is up at the UK Yahoo movie site, and it looks pretty good.
  15. Rouge Null Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Looks to be another good'un. I can only hope that I'm free on opening weekend.
  16. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
  17. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Bourne series is overdone. Not only was the Bourne Supremacy an abomination in terms of Ludlum's story but Jason Bourne isn't even Ludlum's most interesting character.

The book that needs to be made into a movie is The Parsifal Mosaic. That book is awesome.
  18. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I disagree - I found the movies much more interesting than the book, which I had a lot of trouble getting into, and it's a much better spy movie than just about everything out there at the moment.
  19. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I'm with Trilobite; Ludlum can't write for toffee. An example of the movie being a good deal better than the book. This is also usually the case with anything by John Grisham.
  20. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Ludlum's plots are interesting and far more complex and detailed than what could be in a film. So on that level I disagree with Zaz. But I agree that his prose leaves much to be desired.
  21. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Trilobite, Ender is proposing a mano a mano between Bourne and Bond (in the Bond thread).
  22. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, I was thinking it might be worth evaluating James Bond with his contemporaries in the secret agent department; Bond, aside from his Britishness, is a vastly different beast to your Jack Bauers and Jason Bournes stateside, and I thought it might be worth discussing them conceptually and analytically. :)

E_S
  23. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I'd love to see a crossover movie. Craig Bond vs Damon Bourne? That'd be an interesting fight.

The new trailer is out, looks interesting. There's one scene that looks very similar to the original movie, where he trashes a US embassy, with Marines kicking in doors.

The tagline, Bourne Comes Home, looks interesting.
  24. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Well I don't mean Bond v Bourne, because clearly Bond would win ;), but I mean let's look at the two characters as concepts - 30-something blunt instruments - and talk about their similarities, differences, strengths and weaknesses? :)

E_S
  25. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Are you talking about the current film versions, or their literary originals?

As people are fond to point out in this and the Bond thread, the two characters have been changed a lot to fit on the big screen, Bourne especially.