main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Bourne Series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum, Legacy, & Jason Bourne)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, May 23, 2004.

1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I wonder if he'll be out and about more, looking for his past.

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    When is the last movie due?

3. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Next year? Year after, something like that.

4. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    It's funny this thread should pop up now, because after I saw MI:3 over the weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about how superior The Bourne Supremacy is in every possible way.

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd like to see a movie with Bond, Bourne, Hunt and Bristo all in it. That'd be interesting.

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    "The Bourne Supremacy" was good, and in general, I am neither a fan of Damon nor the books. I'm interested to see what they do in the last movie.

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Saw something today which indicated that they are now planning five Bourne movies. (!)

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Sweet! Where was that?

Maybe J.J. Abrams will get a chance to direct one of them. That'd be amazing.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I was browsing on the 'net somewhere and I saw it. I can't find it now, of course. :p

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Five movies based on a 3 book series (maybe 4, if you count that one from a couple years ago)? How would that work?

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    They will use their imaginations...if they have any. :p

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    The last movie was only very loosely based off of Book 2, and things like the girl dying, didn't happen, and she was in the third book. Apparently, the 3rd movie isn't really going to be based on the book very much at all.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Upped and unlocked at Trilobite request. :)

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Malcom's request? :p

The teaser for the Bourne Ultimatum is up at the UK Yahoo movie site, and it looks pretty good.

15. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Looks to be another good'un. I can only hope that I'm free on opening weekend.

16. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
  17. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    The Bourne series is overdone. Not only was the Bourne Supremacy an abomination in terms of Ludlum's story but Jason Bourne isn't even Ludlum's most interesting character.

The book that needs to be made into a movie is The Parsifal Mosaic. That book is awesome.

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I disagree - I found the movies much more interesting than the book, which I had a lot of trouble getting into, and it's a much better spy movie than just about everything out there at the moment.

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I'm with Trilobite; Ludlum can't write for toffee. An example of the movie being a good deal better than the book. This is also usually the case with anything by John Grisham.

20. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Ludlum's plots are interesting and far more complex and detailed than what could be in a film. So on that level I disagree with Zaz. But I agree that his prose leaves much to be desired.

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Trilobite, Ender is proposing a mano a mano between Bourne and Bond (in the Bond thread).

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, I was thinking it might be worth evaluating James Bond with his contemporaries in the secret agent department; Bond, aside from his Britishness, is a vastly different beast to your Jack Bauers and Jason Bournes stateside, and I thought it might be worth discussing them conceptually and analytically. :)

E_S

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd love to see a crossover movie. Craig Bond vs Damon Bourne? That'd be an interesting fight.

The new trailer is out, looks interesting. There's one scene that looks very similar to the original movie, where he trashes a US embassy, with Marines kicking in doors.

The tagline, Bourne Comes Home, looks interesting.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well I don't mean Bond v Bourne, because clearly Bond would win ;), but I mean let's look at the two characters as concepts - 30-something blunt instruments - and talk about their similarities, differences, strengths and weaknesses? :)

E_S

25. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Are you talking about the current film versions, or their literary originals?

As people are fond to point out in this and the Bond thread, the two characters have been changed a lot to fit on the big screen, Bourne especially.