Amph The Bourne series (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum & Legacy)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, May 23, 2004.

1. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I Can't wait for Ultimatum :D
    Personally I don't care that the films differ greatly from the books. I read the first book (after I'd seen the films) and I enjoyed it but I was really impressived with how they adapted it for the big screen because they certainly made it more interesting imo. I'm also glad Paul Greengrass returned for this one because for my money, he's the best film-maker there is currently.
    They were filming last week at Waterloo train station.....picks ups I assume given the fact the fim is out in August, lol.

EDIT: The trailer looks great. Short and sweet!
  2. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I've always seen Bourne as more of the blunt one - but he's supposed to be invisible, something he doesn't too as well in the movies. With Bond, I've always seen him as more of the swauve one, but more unbelievable. Even with the Craig bond, There's a lot more suspension of disbelief here, while with Bourne's actions, they're pretty realistic and often, logical.
  3. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    EW devoted a page to this movie in their summer preview...it did look good.
  4. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I paged through it, but I never really trust EW- They really fanboy everything out there.
  5. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I see Julia Stiles is in it again; maybe we'll be lucky and they will kill her, too. :p
  6. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Upping this for discussion of ze last film in the trilogy...
  7. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Maaat Daaamon looks pretty menacing as Bourne this time round.
  8. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  9. LordSilvertouch Force Ghost

star 4
    Ultimatum - Will this be the only summer threequel that doesn't dissappoint? Identity was a film I really liked, and while I didn't like Supremacy as much, as a critic I can understand why it was in many ways a better film, slightly less popcorny. I hope for Ultimatum they land somewhere in the middle.
  10. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Saw the first film on TV last weekend, and enjoyed it all over again. The second one was tougher, though.
  11. Leonard_Shelby Force Ghost

star 6
    Can't friggin' wait for this one...I love this series.
  12. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    i almost want to go see it at midnight
  13. Rouge Null Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Will be seeing it within the next 10 days, no other outcome is acceptable.
  14. JMJacenSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I did not like Supremacy at all. Very poor pacing. Identity as alright but nowhere near the book. Ultimatum looks great based on the trailers, but we'll see.
  15. JMJacenSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Ultimatum got a four star review in my newspaper.

Then again, they gave Transformers 3 1/2 stars.
  16. Oissan Force Ghost

star 6
    The number of positive reviews is really incredible for an action movie. Right now, it's at 94% positive at rottentomatoes, 97% when it comes to the cream of the crop, I can't remember the last action movie that got such a high percentage.

Not that I really care about reviews, I would have watched it anyway, the first two are awesome.
  17. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Ultimatum was way better than the first two films. Its plot was much easier to follow, and the action sequences were top-notch.
  18. Jediflyer Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah.

I saw the Bourne Ultimatum last night. I wasn't really impressed with the first two, but this one blew my socks off. It was well paced, relatively easy to follow, funny, and the fight scenes were absolutely brutal.

Also, I think this movie may have more cuts in it then all the other summer action movies combined. It must have spent a year in the editing room.

19. Leonard_Shelby Force Ghost

star 6
    So does this film tie up the series nicely (if it is indeed the final installment as rumored)?

I plan on seein' it tomorrow...watched the first two this week to brush up...can't wait.
  20. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  21. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I plan to see this one.
  22. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    The ending leaves room for a fourth movie. And Julia Stiles says she thinks there'll be a 4th in an interview she gave last week.
  23. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Damn! Couldn't get into tonight's showing.
  24. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Really? Around here, shows rarely sell out. When I went yesterday evening, there were at least two dozen empty seats.
  25. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I thought as much. There is another book, not by Ludlum, called The Bourne Legacy. I own it but I've never read it. Does anyone know if its good?

EDIT: According to Indigo.ca there is another one after that called The Bourne Betrayal. Again, has anyone read it?