main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Bourne Ultimatum

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Decided to see this tomorrow night- Tuesday. IT's supposed to be really good, but not something I'll see unless I make myself a time I have to stick to :) Liked the first 2.

Will be at Chermside for the 650 screening Tuesday. WIll probably be eating at some point before..and oh look, there's alcohol there.

SMS me if you're there and can't find me :)

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I was just thinking, I don't know if I'll make it because I want a week where I just sit at home for most of it, but then you mentioned alcohol and I became uncertain... [face_thinking]

I guess I could marathon the two other Bourne movies when I get home...

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Put me down as a 'probably'. I might be home kind of late from work tomorrow, depending on how things go. If I can make it in time, I definitely will. May not be early enough to eat before the movie, but will definitely grab some eats and drinks afterward with anyone who's there.

4. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    havent seen the first 2 :( but it looks good. wont be able to make it sorry

5. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Probably wouldn't be able to make it, on account of traffic after work.
    But I managed to catch it last Thursday anyway K.
    Worth seeing once, as it is almost on a par with the first..
    So I hope you enjoy.[face_peace]

PS- One downside is, no Franka Potente..
    But the again, that probably wouldn't worry you.;)

6. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Definately not as it is my sister's birthday today.

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well happy birthday Lozza's sister, in that case.

Looking like it might only be me and Kahlan tonight...

8. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Yes, happy birthday to her.

If I get my uni work done and if my head clears in time and IF flying monkeys don't attack, I'll be there :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, 'twas just me and Kahlan in the end. I quite enjoyed Ultimatum. It was as advertised: better than the second one, not as good as the first. It was very satisfying in the action and cool-spy-drama departments, not quite so satisfying in the plot and character departments. It was total balls to the wall action, but it felt a bit hollow, with all the scenes in between the fights and chases seeming kind of meaningless, and certain plot threads were left hanging, like just what was Julia Stiles's character's actual relationship with Bourne? It feels like it's being dangled in front of the audience as something deeply significant, but it's never mentioned again, so I don't know what to make of it. But that's not to say that I didn't enjoy it; as I said, it was a fair bit better than the second one, and certainly packed with lots of cool espionage stuff, characters out-thinking and one-upping each other back and forth every 5 seconds. The chases, be they via foot, motorcycle or automobile were great, as befits the series. Oh, and the final scene was great, an ideal ending to the series. AND IT HAD BETTER BE. I will be most put out if they sequelise this, because I'm getting really sick and tired of story arcs being ruined by the desire to make a buck lately. No more Bourne movies, Holywood, leave it at that, please. It's great how it is.

So yeah, I dunno, 3-ish, 4-ish stars. Fun, intense, and definitely worth seeing to round out the storyline. Just don't expect to feel a great deal for any of the characters, the way you did in the first film.

10. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I've been meaning to post my impressions from the premiere for weeks. Now I've lost the advantage of seeing it before its cinema run, that's probably my cue. All in good time. (But Tim's impressions are pretty much spot-on.)

11. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Yeah it was pretty good, but not the really intelligent action film I was hoping for. The action scenes were very good, but the Die Hard ones were more powerful. Still seeing Jason using just some sticky tape, a fan, and his body to defeat the foes was stand up and shout kind of stuff.

My brain got lost about half way through making connections to Wolverine's story, and I got a bit sidetracked from there.

Oh there was an ANDY from Hot Fuzz in it too, and I kept wanting him to say something sarcastic.

But yeah, a really good film. 3.5/5 Worth seeing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.