main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Box" - Nix/Jamball/Fig - NP2k Studio Film Fest

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Chad_Peter, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Welcome to the fourth day of the 1st NP2k Studio Film Festival. We've got more entries than ever for one of our '2k film fests, and this time we're bordering on experimental in design. Films created for this festival were done so in an interesting fashion - for example:

The entries you'll be seeing here were created by three different filmmakers - One writer, one Director, and one Editor. The teams were created at random by the admins at NP2k.com (durbnpoisn and myself), and the teams were set out to make a film together. Normally, this wouldn't be so out of the ordinary, except for the fact that most all of these teams were put together with people of all experience groups - and, most team members were spread out across the country - never were two team members in the same town. So this was an experiment more than anything, and it's our belief that a lot was learned from the process. Some enemies were made, as well as some friends, but in the end the majority of the people involved came through with flying colors.

PLEASE NOTE:
    For users wishing to vote on the winning film(s) when the festival comes to a close, please note that you MUST WATCH ALL FILMS AND HAVE POSTED A REVIEW ON EACH film within their respective release thread at np2k.com (this includes your own films that you were involved in).

And now, onto the fourth film entry:

"The Box"

Written by: Nix
    Directed by: James Monegan (Jamball)
    Edited by: Teague Chrystie (Fig)

[image=http://www.np2k.com/studio_fest_1/thebox.jpg]

OFFICIAL RELEASE THREAD (download link inside)

[image=http://www.np2k.com/studio_fest_1/studiofest1.jpg]

2. krnbanguboi

krnbanguboi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2005
    Looks cool. I'll download later though.

3. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Any relation to that Twilight zone episode?

4. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Side note: The title was left open to speculation by the director. I didn't title the script when I wrote it (I'm Nix by the way) because I wanted the title to evolve from the mood of the picture. Interestingly, I don't know how it came to be called "The Box"

5. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I just titled it as the name appeared on the tapes I got.

6. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Did the tapes come in a... box?

**kidding**

Not a big deal at all dude.

7. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Yeah, I changed the title after filming.

Oh, and uh *bump*

--
    Jamball

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.