main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The broken circle

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tevase2, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    Obi wan woke up with a start. His bed covers were twisted around his body, he had woken up in a cold sweat. He had been having the same dream for a few weeks now, he tried meditating and talking to his master about it but no matter what he tried he still couldn?t figure out why he was having these dreams. It may be due to lack of sleep and food considering he hadn?t been doing either since the last mission his master and him had gone on.

They had gone to the planet Castell to investigate a murder. I t was not the investigation that had unsettled Obi Wan but what they had found on the mission. They had found a broken circle on the wall of an old factory, Master Qui Gon had said that his former apprentice Xanatos. That was what had bothered Obi Wan, Xanatos had committed suicide when Master Qui Gon had been close to capturing him.

Obi wan was sitting on the side of his bed, he needed to end this silly worrying. Xanatos was dead there was no way he could of survived. Obi wan stood up and walked to the door, he stood there for a few seconds before he opened it and walked into the kitchen.

Just as he expected, his master was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee. When Obi wan entered he didn?t look up when he asked obi wan the question he had been avoiding since the mission.

?You had the same dream, didn?t you?

Obi wan sat down next to his master, by then Qui gon was looking at his apprentice. Obi wan noticed that his master?s eyes looked tired, he had dark ring?s under his eyes.

?I?m sorry if I kept you up Master?

Qui gon sighed, he knew Obi wan?s mind was in chaos. He had been having these dreams for a while now. Obi wan hadn?t had a prober night sleep since then and neither had Qui gon.

?Obi wan you need to talk to master Yoda about this?

?Master, I don?t think Master Yoda can help me?

?Really Obi wan, and what make?s you say that? master Qui gon had raised eyebrows at his apprentices reply.

?I know that Xanatos can?t be alive?

When master Qui gon didn?t comment Obi wan took it that he should continue.

?When we found the broken circle on the wall I just thought that it couldn?t be there, that it couldn?t be possible?

Obi wan had his head down, Qui gon knew that it wasn?t easy for Obi wan to admit his fear that Xanatos was still alive.

?Obi wan, Xantaos had power over that planet when he was alive?

Obi wan looked up at his master, the boy was tired and confused. The one thing he needed was sleep and then a good meal.

?If I was you Obi wan I would get some sleep, your going to need it tomorrow for saber practice?

?Yes master?

Obi wan started to walk towards his bedroom, he stopped at the door to the kitchen and said

?Thank you master?
    Ok i know it short but it just an idea at the moment

2. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    WOW this is even more horrible when i read back on it

3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    This is an interesting start. Is Xan alive or dead and why is Obi having dreams about him...I'd be interested in finding out.

:)

4. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    WOW you actually took the time to read it. [face_dancing]
    Thank you

5. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Qui gon walked past his apprentice's room, he stopped at the door and stood silently. He couldn't hear a sound coming from Obi wan's room. He sighed with relief, he was gad the boy was getting some sleep. Qui gon had been having dreams or would you sat flash-backs of when Xantos was his apprentice. He didn't understand why, it might be wise to talk to master Yoda about it.
    For now i would be best if he got some sleep, he couldn't be to tired in the morning due to a council meeting. He lay down on his bed and let himself drift into sleep.
    -------------------------------------------
    "Master......Master....."
    Obi wan was calling qui gon, he was going to be late for the council meeting if he didn't get up. Obi wan tried again
    "Master, you need to get up"
    "Im up obi wan"
    "Sorry master, your going to be late for the council meeting"
    "Why are you still here, shouldn't you be in class's"
    "My class's don't start till the afternoon master"
    "Oh, so it's Thursday then"
    "Yep"
    Qui gon sighed and stood up, he should of gone to bed earlier.
    "Obi wan, what time is it"
    "It's 7.40 Master"
    "Right then"

6. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Obi wan was making his way to the gardens in the temple, it was ten past eight and obi wans classes didn?t start till the afternoon. He was planning in getting a few peaceful moments relaxing in the garden.

?Hey Obi wan?

Obi wan turned around to see his friend Garen Muln running towards him. He looked excited about something.

?Hello Garen?

?You wont believe this?

Garen?s eyes seemed to sparkle with mischief , what ever was so exciting it was bound to get obi wan into trouble.

?yeah?

?Well I was walking down the corridor when I heard two night?s talking about a prank Quinlan Vos played and Master Windu ?

?What did they do?

?I don?t know, I didn?t get to find out?

obi wan frowned, it wasn?t like Garen to just walk away without hearing the entire story.

?Why didn?t you?

Garen had a huge smile on his face

?Well before they got round to it Master Windu appeared from around the corner, he didn?t look to happy?

When Garen finished his small story he looked like he was going to exploded with laughter, Obi wan frowned there was no reason as to why he should be reacting like this.

?When Master Windu turned around there was a huge purple smiley face on the back of his head?

Garen burst out laughing when he had finished, soon after obi wan started to laugh as well. It was actual really funny, they were both rolling on the floor when a familiar voice rang out.

?Find something funny, do you?

Master yoda looking at them with curious eyes. Garen and Obi wan stood up and bowed to the small Jedi master.

"Yes Master" they both replied

"Share it, you will"

Garen glanced at Obi wan before replying

"Yes master"

Garen told Master Yoda what he had over heard and about the prank. By the time he was finished master yoda was shaking his head.

"Cause much trouble, Quinlan Vos does" even though Master yoda said this obi wan thought he could see a hint of humour in the wise Jedi's eyes.

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    "A purple smiley face on the back of Master Windu's head". [face_laugh] That was cute.

So Qui-Gon is also having dreams about Xanatos...hmmm...where will it all lead?

8. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Thanks for the comment :)

i really have know idea where this story is going

9. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Master Yoda hobbled down the hall as Garen and Obi-wan stood staring after them.

?Do you think he knows something we don?t? Said Garen in a humorous tone

Obi-wan looked at Garen with horrified eyes, now that he thought about it Master Yoda did look????well excited, happy or something like that. What ever it was it was bound to be bad for Garen and himself.

?I think he does?
    ????????????????????????????

Obi-wan found him self in the mess hall sitting at a table with Garen and Bant. Bant was talking about the mission her Master and herself had been on. They had just gotten back the day before.

?Obi-Wan what?s wrong?

Obi-Wan looked up to see Bant looking at him with worry. Did she know about the dreams? No that was impossible, she couldn?t know, Garen didn?t know so why would she.

?Nothing?s wrong Bant?

Bant obviously didn?t believe him, she looked at him with those eyes that could see right through you. She seemed to be observing him.

?Ok then, it?s just that you look tired?

?Well, I wouldn?t be surprised at that?

Every one looked up at that, and low and behold there stood Quinlan Vos, he always seemed to show up at the wrong time.

?Hello Quinlan, got into any trouble lately?

Quinlan sat down with a cautious look over his shoulder, he seemd worried about something, then again anyone would if they thought Master Windu was going to get back at them.

?Very funny Garen, I take it you know what happened?

?It was really stupid thing to do you know? Bant, like in every other situation was right

?It was such a good chance though, you know how shiny his head is?

Both Garen and obi-wan let out a stifled laugh that soon turned into a hysterical battle to try and control their laughter.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Great job with the story. And don't worry about not knowing where it is going, I don't know that with some of my stories too. It happens to everyone at some point. Also, it looks like I might have missed somethings while I did my beta reading, so if anyone points them out, that is more my fault than yours. All in all, keep up the good work.

11. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Thank you, no worry's. :)

12. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    ?We?..?re??..tr?..ying.? Garen somehow managed to say in between his laughter.

Obi-Wan couldn?t take it anymore, he fell of the seat and started to laugh uncontrollably. Soon Garen was on the floor as well, the only one who wasn?t laughing was Bant, Quinlan was starting to giggle but Bant just looked them over with disapproving eyes.

?It really isn?t funny you know.? She had crossed her arms across her chest but there was just a hint of amusement in her eyes.

?And what would be so amusing to cause such a reaction padawans.?

Master Plo Koon was standing over them, he didn?t look too impressed, then again he never really did.

?Sooo?..rry???Maa??.ssss?.tter.? Garen had pulled himself up from the floor and seemed to be gaining control of his laughter.

Master Plo Koon just stood in front of them with his arms crossed.

?You didn?t answer my question.?

Obi-Wan had pulled him self off the floor as well, he glanced at Quinlan before answering.

?Well Master, Quinlan played a joke on Master Windu.?

?And what was this joke.?

Quinlan had a huge grin on his face and so did Garen, Bant however did not.

?Well Quinlan drew a purple smiley face on the back of his head.?

With that they all broke into uncontrollably laughter once again. Master Plo Koon waited until they finished until he replied.

?Well that would explain why he hasn?t showed himself today.?

Quinlan stopped giggling at that before asking in a shaky voice.

?Wa??it??its??.still??..there.?

?Well I would say so.?

The colour on Quinlan?s face seemed to have disappeared, he looked like he was going to faint.

?Yes master.?

They all continued eating until Garen asked Quinlan something.

?I don?t think he?s going to kill you Quinlan.?

?It?s not Master Windu I?m worried about.?

Bant let out a small giggle, they all turned to look at her.

?Well I would, we have saber practice with him today.?

?WE WHAT!!? Quinlan looked extremely worried now ?This is not good.?

?Don?t worry Quinlan, you?ll be fine.? Obi-Wan patted him on the back

?Come on were going to be late for our first lesson.?

They all stood up and walked out the mess hall.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I know I already said this, but good chapter. Hopefully more people will read the story though, since it is just me now. Good luck getting more reviews.

14. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Yeah, but your supposed to read the story, its your job :)
    Thanks

15. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Obi-Wan dragged his tired body back to the apartment. He had finished lessons for the day but he was extremely tired. Master Windu had them do extra work, in a way it was understandable partly because he still hadn?t managed to get the smiley face of the back of his head, so whenever he turned around there would be a burst of giggling.

Garen hadn?t been able to control himself and burst out laughing near the end, the look on Master Windu?s face said it all. So now Garen and Quinlan had washing up duty.

Obi-Wan walked into the apartment to find that his master wasn?t home yet. Obi-Wan walked into the kitchen and started to make himself something to eat. He would of thought that his Master would have been home by now, unless he was talking to Master Yoda.

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened with horror as he realized that that was exactly what his Master was doing. He didn?t really want Master Yoda to be smacking him in the shins asking him about the ?dreams? he had been having. He hadn?t been sleeping well lately, Quinlan had mentioned something about that, Obi-Wan tried to remember what he had said when someone knocked on the door.

Obi-Wan stood up and walked to open the door, he recognised the force signature but he couldn?t think of who it was.

?Hello Obi-Wan, do you know where your master is??

Jedi Master Shaak Ti stood in the doorway. Shaak Ti was a Jedi Master from the planet Shili. She was a great Jedi Master and Obi-Wan got the feeling of being small when she was around.

?No he isn?t home yet Master, would you like to come in he should be home soon.?

The Jedi Master smiled and walked in to the apartment, Obi-Wan was slightly nerves around her, she had this way of making people feel like that but she also had a way of making one feel better.

?Do you want some tea Master??

?No thank you Obi-Wan.?

She sat down at the kitchen table and waited, Obi-Wan sat down across from her and ate his small meal. No one spoke for about five minutes.

?I believe your master is back.?

Funnily enough Master Jinn walked through the door and into the kitchen. He took one look at Shaak Ti before speaking.

?Hello Shaak Ti.
    ?
    ?Hello Qui Gon, I was wondering if I could speak to you??

?Certainly, oh and Obi-Wan, Garen was looking for you.?

Obi-Wan understood, his master wanted to talk alone, he stood up and bowed to the two Jedi masters and said his goodbyes.

He headed down to the mess hall; he would have to eat down there tonight.
    It was funny how people were acting around him lately, like they didn?t want him to know something. He shook the thought of it was probably nothing.

He walked into the mess hall and scanned the heads for his friends, he spotted Garen and Bant sitting at a table to the far right. Obi-Wan walked over and sat down.

?Hello Obi-Wan.? Bant seemed happy, not as stiff as Garen and himself.

?Hello Bant, hello Garen.?

Garen just grunted he seemed sour about something, Obi-Wan noticed that Quinlan was nowhere in sight.

?Are you ok Garen??

?I?m fine Obi-Wan.?

Bant let out a small huff, Obi-Wan looked at her with raised eyebrows.

?Well he isn?t fine is he, he?s sour because he had to do washing up duty.?
    Said Bant in a matter of fact voice.

?Well you would be to if you had to do it, I didn?t mean to laugh, I could hold it in any longer.?

?Master Windu didn?t seem to happy about it.?

Bant looked towards Obi-Wan with a look that said, ?You?re an idiot.? on her face.

?Well no Obi-Wan he was delighted to have Garen laugh at him.?

Obi-Wan flashed a huge grin at Bant who only rolled her eyes and turned to Garen.

?Well it could have been worse.?

?SHHHHH.? Garen was glancing around the room like a mad man.

?What.? Said both Bant and Obi-Wan.

?He might hear you.?

They both rolled their eyes at Garens foolishness. They talked for a while until the mess hall started to become empty.

?Well I?m of to bed.? said Garen as he stood up and stretched hid arms.

?Yeah I better head off too, my master should be finished talking to Master Shaak Ti. Goodnight Garen, Goodnight Bant, see

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey, I like this. I like the temple life you're describing with Obi and his friends, overshadowed by these mysterious dreams he's having, and also Qui-Gon having dreams, both having to do with Xanatos.

Looking forward to what you come up with next. :)

17. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Hey, im glad you like it so far. Its nice to know someone reads this :)

I plan to write more soon [face_peace]

THANKS [:D]

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Hey I read it too! Just kidding, I know you know I read it. You're really getting better, and I like how the story is going.

19. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    :D
    Well your supposed to read it, besides i know you like it your the one who made it all make sense :)

Anyways

THANKS [:D]

20. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Obi-Wan woke up a bit more early then he would have liked, since he wasn?t getting enough sleep as it was. He lay there for a few minutes before he decided he might as well get up considering he was awake. He swung his legs over the side of the sleep couch and stood up, trudged his way over to the light switch, and turned the lights on. The light burned Obi-Wan's eyes so he looked to the floor and something caught his eye. It was a holo pad he used in class; Garen had learned how to message people using his holo pad. It looked like he had messaged him sometime last night.

Obi-Wan walked over and picked up the holo pad, apparently Garen wanted him to meet him in the mess hall at 6. Obi-Wan looked at the clock it was 5:49. He still had time before he needed to be there. He got dressed and walked into the hall and waited for his master to ask where he was going, but no question came. Obi-Wan frowned his master was always up at this hour. Wait! He wasn?t in the apartment. Obi-Wan decided to just ignore it now and ask questions later.

He stepped out of the apartment and looked around, no one was up, well no one who was sane.

He started down the hall way at a slow trudge; he was extremely tired and would pay for it today. He tried to remember what was important about today but couldn?t remember. He was almost at the lift when someone?s apartment door opened.

A Jedi knight stepped out into the hallway, Obi-Wan had seen him around the temple before but he had never really had a long conversation with him. His name was Alexander Grey, he had black hair and brown eyes and a nasty habit of rubbing Jedi master?s the wrong way, or at least that?s what he had heard them say.

?Hello Knight Grey.? said Obi-Wan in a polite tone

?Well hello there young Obi-Wan, what brings you to get you this fine hour.? He had a rather goofy grin on his face and just a hint of mischief in his eyes.

?Couldn?t really sleep, what about you??

Despite the fact that Alexander was a Jedi knight Obi-Wan felt relaxed around him.

?Thought I might pay a visit to the mess hall, are you going that way??

?Yeah, I?m meeting Garen down there.?

?That?s a good idea, to get something to eat before the council meeting.?

Obi-Wan mentally slapped himself, how could he have forgotten the council meeting.
    Alexander has a small smile on his face and had crossed his arms across his chest.

?You forgot.?

?Yeah, I did.?

Alexander started chuckling and slapped Obi-Wan on the back which almost knocked him over. He suddenly stopped his entire body frozen.

Suddenly he started to sprint to the lift saying goodbye over his shoulder as he disappeared.

One of the apartment doors opened and there stood a really tired looking Master, she didn?t look too happy either.

?Where is Knight Grey.? She stood with her arms crossed, but she didn?t say it in an unfriendly tone she said it a nice tone.

?He sprinted to the lift Miss.? Obi-Wan didn?t know why he called her ?Miss? but he did, she didn?t seem to mind.

?Thank you.? she started to march towards the lift with a killing look on her face

Obi-Wan decided to get the lift with her; he was getting hungry and needed to meet Garen soon. They both got the lift and stood in silence.

Obi-Wan felt????..awkward around her, like if he said anything she would back hand him.

They finally got the floor the mess hall was on, the woman just strode out and around the corner. Obi-Wan kept walking until he arrived at the mess hall. There was surprisingly quite a few people about. Obi-Wan spotted Garen at a table.

?Hey Obi-Wan?

?Hey Garen.?

?So you got my message then.?

?Yeah, what did you want to talk to me about??

?Well last night when I came back I heard my master talking.?

Obi-Wan raised his eye brows at this but motioned for Garen to continue.

?She was talking to one of the mind healers about someone, but I never got to find out because my master sent me to bed.?

?Garen how does this concern me.?

?Well? Garen looked a bit nervous ?They said your name a few times when I went to bed...?

To be contin

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Sounds like just what Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon may need...a mind healer, but how will Obi-Wan react to this? [face_worried]

22. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Next part should be up soon im just running it through with my all mighty master
    Glad you enjoyed it

23. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    'All mighty master?"o_O That's a new one. But I should have the next chapter checked soon. Good filler chapter by the way.

24. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Obi-Wan had his head in his hands; there was no way that he needed to see the mind healers. Maybe it wasn?t him, maybe it was just something to do with him, had his master told the council about his dreams? No, he wouldn?t have Qui-Gon wouldn?t after he told him there was no need. Obi-Wan looked at Garen again, maybe he had misheard, and it wouldn?t be the first time.

?Are you sure that what you heard Garen??

?Yes, I'm kinda certain.?

Obi-Wan looked at him with raised eyebrows, sometimes Garen could be annoying.

?Youre kinda certain.?

?Yep.?

Obi-Wan let out a sigh of relief that he wasn?t going insane. It was completely possible that it was just a misunderstanding. He looked at his watch and nearly chocked, he had only ten minutes to get to the council meeting.

?I've got to go Garen, I?m going to be late.?

?Ok see ya, try not to go insane.?

Obi-Wan glared at him; if looks could kill he would be in a lot of trouble.

?Very funny, I?ll talk to you later.?

?Right then.?

Obi-Wan quickly walked out of the mess hall and towards the council chambers; it would take him about seven minutes to get there so if he got held up he had three minuets to spare.

Now that he thought about it they hadn?t been on a mission for a while, maybe they were finally going on one. Obi-Wan doubted it; he just had a feeling that this was not a good idea.
    ????????????
    Qui-Gon stood outside the council room, he was worried about Obi-Wan, he knew he hasn?t been getting sleep lately but he respected his privacy and hadn?t mentioned it. Hopefully they were going on a mission, which would help get his mind of things for a while.

Obi-Wan appeared from around the corner, he looked tired. They waited outside the council room for about two minuets until they were allowed to enter.

They walked in the to the middle of the room and bowed. Master Yoda started with the usual greeting and then went on to the more important business; Obi-Wan was finding it hard to concentrate. He was saying something about a senator going missing.

?Go alone you will Qui-Gon, as requested.?

Qui-Gon nodded, he knew why Obi-Wan was really staying at the temple. Master Yoda turned to Obi-Wan with those all knowing eyes.

?Dreams you have been having??

Obi-Wan hesitated of a fraction of a second before replying.

?Yes Master.?

Master Yoda nodded his understanding, even if he asked the question. He has a nasty way of knowing things, to be honest it unnerved Qui-Gon how he always knew.

?Vision?s, are they.?

?It?s the same thing every time.?

Everyone seemed to stop breathing, Master Yoda didn?t say anything, which Obi-Wan took it as a signal to continue.

?They?re just dreams.?

Master Yoda didn?t look too happy with Obi-Wans reply. He seemed to be scanning him for another answer.

?Talk to your Master we must, leave you may/?

Obi-Wan bowed before exiting the room, he looked relieved that Master Yoda hadn?t pressed the matter, well not with him anyway.

?Watch your Padawan you must.?

Qui-Gon knew he was right, Obi-Wan?s dreams could be a warning. The day they found the broken circle on the wall was the day Obi-Wan was kidnapped, it could also be the fact that Obi-Wan?s mind had finally caught up with the shock of it all. He had been in the healers for at least two weeks he had been perfectly calm about everything. You would think that was a good thing, it proved that Obi-Wan was pushing all his emotion down, it?s not too healthy that?s for sure.

?Go on this mission alone you will.?

Qui-Gon nodded, it was the best since Obi-Wan needed a bit more time off.

25. Tevase2

Mar 12, 2011
    Obi-Wan?s nightmares were getting worse since Qui-Gon left the day before. Obi-Wan was now sitting up in bed covered in sweat. The dream had been more clear this time the same broken circle but there was a figure in a black cloak, and that laugh. Obi-Wan shuddered at the memory, it sent chills down his spine to hear that laugh again. It was about 4:30 in the morning, not really the best time to be wandering the halls, but Obi-Wan couldn?t sleep he decided to just get some breakfast and then decide what to do later. He pulled himself out of bed and walked over to the refresher.

It was 4:50 and and Obi-Wan was sitting in the kitchen debating if it was a good idea to have some coffee. He felt horrible, he was stiff and tired, not to mention confused.

Obi-Wan?s datapad went off, it was probably Garen but why he would be up at this hour Obi-Wan didn't know. Obi Wan walked over to the Datapad and picked it up, in blue lettering was the message.

?Hey Obi-Wan it?s Quinlan, are you up??

So it was Quinlan who was messaging, it made more sense. You wouldn't catch Garen up at this hour, he wasn?t a morning person.

?Yeah, why??

?Do you want to meet in the mess hall at twenty past five??

?Yeah ok, but why are you up this early??

?Why are you??

?I couldn?t sleep.?

?Oh, so you're still having those dreams.?

?Why are you up??

?Oh my master chucked me out because I was being too loud, or at least he thought I was being too loud.?

?OK then I?ll meet you in the mess hall.?

Obi-Wan then put the data pad down, he should start to head down to the mess hall.
    To be continued??????..

ok yeah this is realllllyyyy short but im not in a writing mood this week.