main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~The Brothers Duel Chapter 2~

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by winter_chili, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Download the movie here

It's a zip file.

Chapter 2 continues the adventures of the two unnamed characters from Chapter 1. There is plans for a total of 5 chapters, each one upping the last in terms of lengh, amount of FX shots and complexity of FX shots.

If you missed Chapter 1, find it here

2. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Awesome FX...everyone download and enjoy this :) Beautiful lightsaber work blocking those blaster bolts and very nice Force effects.

Excellent all around :) Very entertaining.

3. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Downloading now.

--Jamball

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    nice :) beginning was too long to have nothing going on, after all this is an FX test ;) but this is awesome :) some great sequences and good FX. well done.

umm... wheres chapter 1 ?[face_plain]

5. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Well done effects and good editing. Your spining with the saber is very fast. Did you speed it up in post? And why don´t you cut both parts of the film together?

6. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Good stuff! I think a few pauses could be edited out, and the sound design could be improved quite a bit, but the effects are very nice and some of the shots were quite original.

-Spiff

7. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    Did you speed it up in post?

Nope, that's just me.

And why don´t you cut both parts of the film together?

I suppose I could make a 1+2 version, but I mean Chapter 3 will be out in like a week and a half so It seems kinda pointless. When all 5 are out then I will make a final version with all included.

umm... wheres chapter 1

The link to it is in my first post.

8. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    ok. cool. i guess i missed that, dloading now :)

9. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Nice job...awesome FX and originality. The axe sequence looked good too. The beginning did drag on but I assume I am missing part of a storyline in part 1...which I am about to hunt for. Cool stuff, looking forward to more.

10. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    It's in my first post :)

11. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Ok, that was very good. I liked all the effects, though the editing and sound could use some practice, but like you said, there will be more later.

Now, you guys need to hook up with the guys making "movie spoof 2". They're in post production, and have like 80 million FX shots left to be done.

12. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    Yeah, I've talked to him about that. I'll probably do at least a couple shots for it.

Chapter 3 is where the Duel starts to really get going. We wanted to make it so that it really build and each time it just get's crazier and crazier. It starts to expand at Chapter 3, more characters are introduced but the themes and style will remain the same.

13. The_Doctor1

The_Doctor1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2004
    Nice work. You have a very good feel for the camera. I like the editing, although felt a wee bit slow at times. Sounds like you did a bit of foley work, if so nicely done. Love the window shot (ep 2 around 0:34) and the hachet-throwing. Good saber effects etc.

Little nit-picks: Didn't like the orange saber, needs to be toned down. In ep 1 I think the blaster bolts were too slow, plus the house starts to shimmer before the guy is disintegrated.

Really looks cool. I hope you perservere with your chapters and continue to improve. Think about speeding up the pace with each chapter.

14. Azionite

Azionite Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2002
    Good job. Effects were good and the editing was nice and smooth (although there is one place in Ch. 1 where the character falls and the mailbox in the bg is open, then he force-opens the mailbox [face_laugh] ).

Definitely some original stuff in there. Really liked the shot with the hatchet.

Over-all nice work! Patiently awaits Chapter 3.

15. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    although there is one place in Ch. 1 where the character falls and the mailbox in the bg is open, then he force-opens the mailbox

Yeah one of my friends pointed that out in editing but I couldn't bring myself to take out the force open.

Thanks for the kind words!

Chapter 3 is going splendid and should be out in a week or two.

16. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    very cool. i liked how they died, with the red flare thing.

17. Darth_Salacious05

Darth_Salacious05 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2004
    Awesome movie Kevin!

Can't wait to see chapter 3!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.