main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The BSG Discussion Thread - WARNING: Spoilers Inside!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Viper_CAG_Faofa, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Anyone hyped for the two hour premiere Oct. 6th? Cause I am. :D

Edit: Wow, I can't remember the last time I got caught by the nasty OPPM.

2. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Check out the message board for the Dragon-Con founded BSG group. FRAK! There will be a website to follow that will rock, but in the meantime the messageboard is pretty awesome. We hope to for BSG what Fanforce did for SW.
    Come on by.

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Anyone watching the Webisodes? Interesting so far.

4. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I have! The are really interesting. I can't wait for October. I am back to watching reruns on dvd to hold me over. Come on October..........

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, it's started. Season 3.

Started off with a bang I think... :D

What did everyone think?

6. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I think it was an excellent start. They better have a darn good reason for why Lee is such a weasel, though. At least Dee and his dad are trying to snap him out of it, but please.

7. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    LOL, thats what I thought Susan. What the heck did they do to Lee? Otherwise, a most execellent episode. Can't wait to see who, if any, survived the ending.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    A question I have is about Jammer. He was at the graduation ceremony, but he survived the suicide bombing? Later on in the episode, you didn't even see a scratch on him.

Soo...

Jammer = Cylon?

I would say no, but if he's not, then that's kinda bad continuity from the writers. Hmm...

There were some great quotes in this episode. Tigh stole the show mostly, but my favorite part(s) in Occupation/Precipice were the scenes with the Adamas. The dialogue, acting... Wow. Great stuff.

9. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    In the audio commentary, Moore said he wanted to shoot footage of Jammer climbing out from underneath piles of bodies but didn't have the money or time for it. Maybe he was shielded? I had the same question, though - it looked like he was standing right behind Duck.

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Just listened to the commentary. I wish they had left that scene in the show. It would have been more powerful, and we wouldn't get Cylon delusions of grandeur. ;)

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    What did everyone think of last week's episode? I have to say, the speech at the end was one of the best speeches I've heard in a while in a film or show. It's up there with stuff in LOTR.

All I have to say now is, Friday's episode is going to ROCK. =P~

12. Burger_King

Burger_King Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    Just saw episode 4, and all I can say is INTENSE!

Randy

13. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I met the BSG guy up in Wilmington again this weekend. Even though I told him I've never watched it, he proceded to talk about it for 20 minutes. I think he's the one that emptied the keg.[face_laugh]

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Exodus Part 2 is the best BSG episode EVER.

Somebody, please give Michael Hogan an Emmy or something.

The Galactica jumping in the atmosphere, launching vipers while about to crash on the planet and then jumping away again? That is the definition of awesomeness.

The Galactica about to be destroyed and then the Pegasus jumping in to save it? Even better.

RIP Pegasus and Ellen.

15. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Hey Randy, good to see you here. This years Battlestar episodes have totally blown me away. Scott I agree, the battle scene was the best I had ever seen. Who ever came up with that should win an award, frackin awesome!
    Good riddance, I mean, RIP Ellen.
    Now they just need to bring back normal sized Lee, so we can see him without the face makeup. (very disturbing) Oh, and kill of Kat. They chick really gets on my last nerve.

16. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Frack NO!!!........ 2008. There is no fracking way. How am I gonna go that long with no more Battlestar?

17. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Sorry to intrude here...but now you know why I was, uh, complaining about having to wait for Stargate while they played the whole season of BSG... :p

18. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Get the DVDs and watch them repeatedly?

Either that, or go get Firefly and use that as a holdover.

19. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    LOl, I already did/do that. I have all the Battlestars on DVD. As for Firefly, I just got done watching Mrs. Reynolds (I think thats the episode name.)(Disk two) I feel the need to watch Firefly every few months (the second best show thats been on TV).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.