main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SySnootles, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Hmmm. That got me thinking Jason...

If you were to substitute characters from the Buffyverse into the Star Wars universe, who would be whom? Actually, this one could go both ways. If the SW characters were implanted into the Buffy world, who would take whose spot?

Excellent twist!!

By the way, I think James Marsters would make an excellent young Tarkin. He's definitely got the sunken face for it. And we know he can do a British accent.

2. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Hmmm. That got me thinking Jason...

If you were to substitute characters from the Buffyverse into the Star Wars universe, who would be whom? Actually, this one could go both ways. If the SW characters were implanted into the Buffy world, who would take whose spot?

Excellent twist!!

By the way, I think James Marsters would make an excellent young Tarkin. He's definitely got the sunken face for it. And we know he can do a British accent.

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    James as Tarkin?! The more I think about it...the more I like it. C'mon, Rick!! Just LOOK at him! He's perfect. (And did I mention he's HOT?!)

4. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I don't know how that double post up there happened. Sorry about that.

I've been thinking about the roles in both works, and the only solid I seem to come up with is Giles as C-3PO. The prissiness, the "fluent in six million forms of communication" (Giles can read almost any written language there is -- Sumerian, Aramaic, Gaelic, Mandarin, Cantonese, etc...), the always there with pertinent information when needed, not all that good in social situations, etc...

I'm still working on Buffy. I don't even think she would be one of the main characters. In other words, not Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, and so on. I think she would fit into one of the more perifrial characters. Thank goodness I'm unemployed. I have plenty of time to think about this stuff.

5. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Mo could see Xander as one of the nameless Jedi that get slapped around and killed at the battle of Geonosis. Actually, she'd be happy with any type of role that involves his death.

I do believe Anya would make a decent Threepio as well--always cryptic, no sense of humor, inseperable from her "sidekick", and really kinda bossy. Plus, gold=blonde. Am I right?

Tara=Yoda. Knows there are Jedi more powerful then himself. Cute, but you're not sure how he fits in right away. Very reserved, but strong willed and good in a fight (when force is unavoidable). Preaches defense, not attack. Laid back and peaceful in almost every way. And I bet he's a hell of a soprano, when he feels like singing.

This is kinda geeky. Oh, I forgot the forum I was in. Never mind.

6. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Buffy's mom.. (Mrs. Summers?) = A good Shmi Skywalker. She's got that Motherly thing going on, and kicks off anyways..

7. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Willow = Anakin:

She's got an immense amount of power and is impatient about using it responsibly, falls to the darkside, wants to bring people back to life, is redeemed, and digs the ladies.

8. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Jason, Meghan, and Dawn --

I never thought about those roles for those characters. And thinking about it, I have to say -- you're all spot on!!

That was kind of eerie. Great job!

9. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey kids...

I just got conformation that the Season Five DVD set of Buffy is set to be released on December 9th. So start saving now.

Oh, for those who are interested, Firefly is also being released on the 9th. Definitely start saving.

10. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    See? I called that one. I like how it comes out right by Xmas, so that I'm all but sure to be broke. Oh well--Viva la plastic!

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Here's hoping I have a job by then.

12. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I saw this on posted on a different board. I certainly got a kick out of it. Especially the fact that it's a "Jenga Fett" mask.

Amber Benson Incognito

13. alterego

alterego Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    ha!

it's so silly, yet clever, that to blend in you must wear a Jango Fett mask..

14. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, the new Buffy game is out for all three major platforms (PS2, XBox, and GameCube), and so far, neato!! Except for that darn electric fence.

Reminder -- Angel, Season 2 comes out this Tuesday!

15. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  16. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow... very cool. I'd heard rumors about this for months, but this is the first actual confirmation I've had. Sweet.

Jeff

17. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Spike will be on the Angel season premier on October 1!!

18. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    I'm pretty stoked about this season's Angel! I only saw the last 15 minutes or so, but it looks like it's going to be really entertaining. I just can't wait until we get even MORE Buffy characters dropping by for cameos. The whole Spike/Harmony thing just cracks me up, and the natural tension between Spike and Angel should make for good tv. Ahh, its so nice to get my Buffy fix by living vicariously through Angel!

19. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I have resorted to get my Buffy fix by reading the books. :(

20. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Laura, did you not catch Angel on Wednesday? It was fantabulous!

If you're looking for recommendations for good Buffy books, The Wisdom Of War by Christopher Golden is absolutely wonderful. As for ones to stay away from, the only one I actually regret reading is These Our Actors.

Idaara is our resident Buffy book expert. I'm sure she'd have many more suggestions.

As for Angel...

I'm pumped for an awesome season.

21. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Oh NO!!!!! I missed it?!?!?!? Ahhhhh!!!!!! Do you have it on tape Catie? I should know these things! I definitely won't miss tomorrow though. I am really upset with myself. :(

22. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Cattie - Mark says hi.

23. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Is everyone aware that Angel will be a new episode next week? The timing is good, seeing as how Maureen and I just finished the last season 5 dvd. Man, I tell you--when you watch an entire season of Buffy TWICE in the span of 12 months, you need to have your head checked. Joss Whedon owns me now. Or at the very least, he's sharing me with Lucas.

On the bright side, the extras on the dvds were pretty cool, although they never talk to Sarah Michelle Gellar or Alyson Hannigan in the behind-the-scenes segments, which I find disappointing. Ooh--and there was only one cruelly-short outtakes segment. Why they didn't make it longer or spread it out over several discs is beyond me--the entertainment value of that segment is far greater than the standard "Meet the Stuntpeople" segment that seemingly appears on every special features menu. It's beyond me.

Gee, can't wait until a month from now when I compulsively slap down $50 for the Angel season 3 dvds! Thanks, Joss!

24. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Oooh, it has been a while since I last visited this board.

Thanks for crowning me "resident expert" on the Buffy books, Catie. I've actually fallen off from reading them as of late. Whoever is reading the Buffy series, Catie is right on track with her assessments of Wisdom of War and These Our Actors. There is a Tales of the Slayers one out (Vol. 1). I don't know if there is a Vol. 2 yet. I very much liked the Gatekeeper trilogy, also.

I can't wait for Angel to start up again after "winter break". It's too bad, however, that Sarah said that she never wants to do the Buffy thing again in any way, shape or form. I guess it means that she won't be doing any cameos on Angel. I do wish that they would bring Willow back again.

Since there is no Buffy, my tv watching is now Smallville, Angel and Enterprise on Wednesdays (I tape Enterprise for later), ER on Thursdays, and Buffy reruns on Saturday afternoons. Does anyone else (who does not have cable) have anything else to recommend?

25. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Just so you know, Angel is canceled.

[image=http://www.htw-dresden.de/~s8956/the_simpsons/Simpson_gif2/nelson.gif]
    Ha-ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.