main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SySnootles, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    As long as they're all REALLY hot, I say go for it!

Thanks for the explanation, Catie. I kind of remember hearing that explanation about Kendra (who I wasn't particularly impressed by), but I wasn't sure about Faith, 'cause I haven't seen season 3 yet, if that is indeed when she's introduced.

Follow-up question:

The Master "bit" Buffy at the end of season 1, no? If that was the case, why were there no marks? Oh, and I'm not buying the whole "Slayers heal exceptionally fast" routine. Nope. There were no marks immediately after he chomped her. That has bugged me for a while.

OK, I'm done here.

Jason

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I remember in Season Three, when Cordy wished to Ayna that Buffy Had never came to Sunnydale, The Master snapped her neck.

I do not remember Buffy being bit by the Master in Season One (though its been so long since I have watch any of those episodes.) but I don't believe she has the marks from when Dracula bit her in Season Five either. So my guess is she either somehow covers them or is an exceptional healer where she does not scar.

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I still say we should invite Mark Metcalf over for a Buffy-thon. :D

4. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I apologize for neglecting the Buffy Thread. I've been sorta busy.

Anyway, capitol idea, Tom! Maybe we get a huge take-out order from Libby Montana's he'll come and make an appearance. Sound good?

The Master did indeed bite Buffy, right before he threw her into the pool of water in which she technically drowned. And Dracula did indeed bite her in the beginning of Season Five. And, not to spoil you Jason, but near the end of Season Three, she gets bitten by Angel. And does she have any scars? No! Why? I don't know. But if you think about it, she never has any visible scars from any of her wounds. No matter where they are. So, I guess you'd have to attribute it to the special Slayer advanced healing. Kind of like Wolverine's, from X-Men. Not as quick, mind you, but it's similar. That, and I'm sure the continuity would be a b*$@h.

So, did everyone see what (may or may not have) happened to Giles at the end of the last episode in which we saw him? Because I'm just itching to talk about it, but I don't want to spoil it for anybody. I'll wait until this evening, then it's speculation city!!

5. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hello!
    I had a really great time at your place Catie. I did not want to leave but it was getting late and I was getting tired. I'll reassure you that nobody frightened me that night. I know it's been awhile since I posted but I've been shopping for people and I also bought a gift for myself. I finally broke down and bought a Playstation 2. I was really tempted to get an Xbox since I saw that it had that Buffy game on it and also that one Jedi game(I forget what it's called). Although I had been tempted, I decided to get the play station because it had more games and variety. Along with my Playstation 2, I got the new Mortal Kombat game. It just brings back memories. I used to beat my brother all the time with that game-it was great fun. Anyway....when is the next Buffython? My husband will be in town next Friday and won't be leaving for two weeks so it will have to be after the new year starts. Since I have a Playstation 2, I could run Buffy DVD's on it however my television is not in stereo and is pathetically puny. I'm trying to get my husband to buy me a new one. So if Catie does not want to host the next one, I am offering to host. I have plenty of chairs and plenty of room in my apartment.

6. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Congrats on the PlayStation2, Laura!! I wish you many hours of carnage and enjoyment. A word of warning, you do need to blink while playing games, and when your thumbs go numb, it's time to put the controller down. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the Buffy-thon. There is no date set for the next one, yet. It will be after the holidays die down, tho. And I thought you said you were done with shopping? ;)

Okay, on to Buffy things -- Who thinks Giles is dead? If you think he isn't, how do you think he survived? If you think he is dead, what do you think will happen to his corpse? I'll share my thoughts later.

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Giles may be dead, but his diner will live on. The only thing we know for certain is that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

8. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    GILES IS DEAD! :_|

Note:

Edit #1: Smilie didnt show up...
    Edit #2: Smilie code was wrong...
    Edit #3: I felt an explination of two previous edits was needed so I dont look like a smurfing idiot.

9. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Should I tell her she spelled "explanation" wrong?

Nah.

10. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No need. Mission accomplished, Grammar Officer.

11. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    I hate you.... I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

I dont think I spelled anything wrong THIS TIME!!

12. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I too think Giles is as good as dead. I just don't see how they could get out of what we've seen. Unless they do TV magic things and redo the whole scene with Giles rolling out of the way... which I think I would hate, despite really liking Giles. I would just feel robbed.

He's a goner.

Jeff

13. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Are you kidding? Me...done with shopping? NEVER! I am a shopaholic. If it is on a rack and appealing, I will buy it. If it promises great entertainment for many times to come, I will buy it. I may say I'm done but I will always need to find myself a gift.

Anyways...as for Giles....I think he's.....
    still alive. I saw the preview for the next episode on Tuesday and he was alive and kicking it up with "Slayers in waiting" who want to kick apocalypse butt. (I hope I can say butt.) I cannot wait until Tuesday. Heck I can't wait until next weekend but Tuesday will do as well.

14. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm going to try to squeeze my postulations about the fate of Giles before tonight's new ep. Here it goes.

1 -- Giles is not dead. How can this be? The minion had a swing like Reggie Jackson. I'm thinking maybe he had a protection spell cast over him from the coven which infused him with their powers so he could help Willow. Something to that effect.

or

2 -- Giles is dead. He was killed by the minion and he was resurected, in a sense, as a tool of The First. Basically he's a mole now. Well, not literally. This IS Buffy, we do have to specify.

So thems my thoughts. Way off base here?

15. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    My spoiler-free thoughts about tonight's ep:

I'm confused.

-Phil

16. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Are you confused about anything in particular? I don't suppose you would be able to say here, not wanting to spoil anyone and all.

Can I ask a vague question to all who saw the episode?

Principal Wood: Good guy or bad guy? Discuss.

17. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Principal Wood. To early to tell, but I'm leaning toward Bad Guy.

18. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm still not sure, but now he's been at least upgraded from normal to strange...

I'm looking forward to tonight's first re-run. I missed the "Buffy in the Psych Ward" episode when it was first run.

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I've just learned that Giles has been sold. :( He will no longer live on in restaurant form. :_|

20. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    ....sneaking in from Chicago Force...

If you would like to hold a real "Buffy-a-thon"...I have every episode from day one on tape....c'mon down to Chicago....

21. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    How many episodes of Buffy are there? How many hours straight would this be?

22. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, we're about at 131 right now. So, if all the commercials have been editted out, that would mean about .... <quickly does calculations in her head> .... Not quite 92 hours. So, should be bring our sleeping bags, or do you have a pull-out couch?

23. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I have a futon in "the Star Wars Room"...so you can watch Buffy till your eyes bleed......
    then sleep (if you can) in a 17 x 17' room filled with Star Wars stuff.....

24. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Thats a thought

25. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    There is a Buffy convention scheduled for May 9-11 in Rosemont, IL. I'll be posting more details right after I get some sleep. I can say that James Marsters (Spike) is to be a featured guest. Cally (A_New_Hopelily) will more than likely be going. Should be a good time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.