main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SySnootles, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, technically, BYOB, Buffy and Faith are no longer "little girls", and they are the current Slayers.

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Neither one of them is a Linda Carter.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, so at any rate, no one has yet to answer my telepathy question. Where the hell did that come from? Cuz if there's no good reason for it, I think it's really really dumb... :(

Jeff

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank goodness they are not Linda Carter.

Jeff, unless Willow amplified something for Buffy and Xander, I really don't get where it came from, either.

Edit: Wonder Woman is great if all you are looking for is the truth (gosh, this lasso won't let you lie!). I wanna see some chick kick some bad guy butt, personally.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Then watch Justice League on Cartoon Network. But you'd have to put up with crappy animation.

Dammit... I wound up arguing against myself again. :(

6. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't think the animation is all that bad in Justice League.

For kicks, I taped an ep of the old SuperFriends show the other day. I haven't had a chance to watch it thoroughly, but oy vey....

Why are my memories of old shows so much better than the real thing?

=Phil/Except I always remember not liking those kids in the early season of SF....

7. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hello guys. Sorry for not posting awhile. I've been pretty busy at home with my husband being home for two weeks during the holidays. I miss you guys!
    I saw that post about that convention in IL. It sounds very interesting to me especially since James Marsters would be there. I'll have to think about it though since it is pricey.
    Jeff about the telepathy thing...I don't think they had a real conversation using it. I would have to watch it again to see what had really happened.
    Catie- just to let you know when you are planning the next Buffy-thon that I might be planning a trip in early February and I will definitely have plans on Feb. 8th and 9th due to my birthday which is on the 9th. Therefore anything after Valentines Day will be good.

8. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Maybe they were ventriloquizing...?

9. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Welcome back Laura! I've missed you! How was having the hubby home? When is the next time he'll be home? Soon, I hope.

I'm still trying to pin-point a date for the next Buffy night. It's a work thing. Speaking of which...

Does anyone have any suggestions for a theme of this Buffynight? We kinda did the beginning and funny eps. I definitely want to show "Once More, With Feeling" and "The Body", but what other ones? Should we have a Buffy/Angel theme? We can watch all of the intergral B/A eps. Well, some of them.

And for those of you who were at the first one, I'd like some feedback (good or bad, as long as it's honest) about how that went. Maybe some suggestions for what snacks to have, beverages, whatnot.

So there's your homework assignment, kiddies. Now get to work.

10. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    The first one was perfect. No complaints at all. In fact, I really wish I could have stayed longer.

But, if we're gonna watch Angel stuff, we gotta start from the beginning because I've never seen the early stuff.

Jeff

11. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm totally grooving on season three so far. I really like Seth Green, so I'd be pro-Willow & Oz episodes. If you guys didn't watch "Becoming" 1 & 2, I wouldn't mind seeing those again, either. They may be a bit confusing to some people (without back-story), but I thought they were really good. Hell, I don't care. Just toss in anything!

Jason

*And if you want to do more of a substantive-food sort of thing, I could certainly cook up and bring burgers, chicken breasts, brats, or whatever. I don't know how long the first one went, but I know watching slaying makes me hungry and Horn...umm, hungry.

12. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Well, I can't really suggest any episodes to watch. I am interested in seeing "Once More With Feeling" and "The Body" from your description of them.

The food was great, the company was great. It was a slam dunk of an evening I'd say. Tom and I wouldn't have stayed so late if we weren't having so much fun.

13. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    No complaints here about the last get together. I had a blast. I met a great group of people who share the same interests as me...Buffy and Star Wars. What more could I ask for? If you want, I can bring some homemade food of my own. I can bring healthy food like carrots to munch on.
    As for my husband being home, it was terrific. It was especially nice that he got really buff and built some muscles on his arms. He lost weight too. We had some people over during the holidays and they could not believe how much weight we both lost. He was never heavy or anything but it was a shock. I don't know when he will be coming back but I too wish it was soon. He just started AIT (advanced individual training) and he does not get out of that for another 5-6 months. Oh well there is nothing that I can do about it for now.
    As I was mentioning before about my weight loss, I have lost a total of 50 pounds! I still need to go on and it is a long road but I am halfway through my journey.

That's all for now.

14. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Wow! That's great Laura! Do you have a secret, or is it just plain willpower?

And anyone who wants to bing something, please feel free. Everyone has different tastes, and many are interested in trying different things. And healthier nibbly-things are always a good idea. I should try that some time.

15. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey, was anyone else kinda peeved last night? I was led to believe that there was supposed to be a new Buffy on last night. Instead, what do we get? "UPN's Funky Flubs." I watched the featurettes on the Season Three set, which finally came in the mail yesterday, an entire WEEK after it was released. That's the last time I preorder from Amazon.com. But I see that Season Four is coming out in June!! Hush on DVD!! Awesome! Ironically, Joss Whedon does a director's commentary for the episode. Does anyone else find that funny?

16. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm still trying to get through S1 on DVD. S2-Sn will have to wait.

And, no, I knew there was Buffy last night, so it didn't irk me. In fact, I was glad, seeing as I got home around 7:15.

As for Joss doing commentary on "Hush"... I think it'd be hilarious if as soon as everyone on screen lost their voices the commentary either 1) stopped or 2) suddenly switched to subtitles instead of audio. :)

-Phil

17. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm with ya on the irked thing, Catie... Not only because I thought there was a new episode but because it was replace with a Gag-reel show...

Who still thinks these things are funny?

Jeff

18. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Pre-ordering from Amazon is a hit-or-miss kind of thing. Usually the stuff comes sometime between a few days and a week after it's released. Sometimes it'll be there on the day of release, and once in a great while it'll arive a day or two before the release date. Most of the time it's late though.

19. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "Who still thinks these things are funny?"

George Lucas

20. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Hey,sorry I have not answered right away. My computer froze last night and I was having some major drama happen to me when some maintenance men entered my apartment without proper notice. Anyway that is a long and continuing story right now. I will tell you that I am on Weight Watchers and that I have lost a little over 50 pounds. It is really easy and if anyone is interested I will be glad to help you out. I can still eat fast food, cake, cookies, brownies, etc. I have ate all these things and still lost the weight that I have lost.

As for Buffy, I was really peeved when they did not show it this week and that they did not announce if it would be on this next week. I had withdrawls so I decided to go out to the mall and return a skirt for a smaller size. Speaking of smaller sizes and clothes, I am thinking about selling some of my clothes that no longer fit me. I have considered to try to sell these clothes in order to get money to buy the clothes in the appropriate size that I need. I am thinking that I will be doing this around February. The clothes are in excellent condition and some have hardly been worn. Please PM me if you are interested.

21. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Alright, so I finished the first season last night (don't ask me what time: I turned my clock around so I wouldn't have to know!)

My thoughts? Gimme more Buffy! I'm officially hooked now. Absolutely hooked. :D I really liked "Prophecy Girl" which, so far, is my favorite episode.

So...does anyone want to lend me Season 2? ;)

22. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    I'd be more than happy to, Liz.

Wasn't the "I'm sixteen years old. I don't want to die." speech just gutwrenching?
    And Willow's little breakdown after finding the guys in the classroom.
    And Buffy's dress, which was a hit with everyone.

So many points, so little time...

23. Bishop76

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, so when's the next Buffy-thon already?

BTW, like the new sig, Catie

Jeff

24. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh heck yeah. That whole part, with Angel and Giles trying to talk sense into her...I'll admit it, I cried. Just a bit, though. ;) Plus, the whole kicking-butt in a prom dress was cool.

And thank you, Catie. :) I'm already saving my spending money to buy the DVDs on my own, but I have some trips to pay for first. (Stupid school music trip)

25. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Now, Liz--the trip isn't stupid (this is the one we were speaking of the other night, right? 'cause that sounded pretty cool), especially when you have other Buffy freaks (I was "assimilated" (thanks for the correction, Tom) less than 6 months ago) who are more than happy to lend you DVD's and videos (Maureen and I will be done watching season 3 sometime next week). It's really alarming how fast this show reeled me in, especially when I've been dismissing it for years. And much thanks to Catie for aiding my new addiction--couldn't have done it without you, Catie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.