The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by SySnootles, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, I'm a Buffy Pusher! Cool.

I'm still trying to nail down the date for the next Buffython, and it's looking like sometime after Valentine's Day. On a Saturday. Shall I throw out a date? How does the 15th of February sound?
  2. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds like it conflicts with the next book club meeting to me.

Jeff
  3. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    You know, I should really check out other threads before I pick a day.

What about the 1st of February. I know I said after Valentine's Day (because Lord knows I won't be doing anything), but I may be able to swing that day.

4. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The 1st should work for me no problem.

Jeff
  5. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
  6. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    That'll work for me as far as I can remember. Dwayne and I will be there, if there's room.

M
  7. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Different trip. To some music festival down south. Now Ireland, on the other hand...that one I'm looking forward to.

And I've got a confirmation (blech!) retreat that weekend, so I can't go. :(
  8. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, yes--confirmation. We won't address THAT issue again. Where in the south is your trip?

I will pretty much try to make any day work for Buffy, I just need to know sometime before this weekend, because I need to schedule a Saturday night out with some of my family in February.
  9. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    We're going to Nashville. The only good part about this trip is that I get to see my friend who lives there. Other than that, it's not exactly something I'm looking forward to.

Arrgh...back on topic: I've now been completely spoiled rotten by my friend, who, once he found out I liked Buffy, told me every single thing that happened (as much as he could remember) about every episode. Now I really, really need to see this, as I'm doubly intrigued by several things he mentioned.

Ahh, the joys of having friends like you guys, who know where I'm coming from on this. :)
  10. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    On the plus side, you've got your friend, warmer weather, and Waffle House to look forward to.

On the other hand, Liz, it IS south of the Mason-Dixon line. That would concern me. ;)
  11. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nashville: home of Gibson Musical Instruments company headquarters.
  12. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    WOW! Debbie Gibson lives there? She was SO hot during her "Electric Youth" years!

13. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Feb 1st sounds ok to me. I'm going to have to change the date of when I'm going to take my vacation anyway. I'll bring my pre-birthday treats over since my birthday is on Feb. 9th.
  14. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright, alright, I finally broke down: I went and bought the Season 2 DVD today. Is there a Buffyholics support group that someone can recommend?

Oh, and I saw "Band Candy" the other night. Mmmmhmmm. I like that episode.

As a sidenote, I've also fallen in love with Anthony Stewart Head's singing voice. Sadly, from what I've seen, you can only get his new CD in England, which means I have to wait till June. Till then, I'll have to settle for the few tracks I got off Kazaa.

And I have you guys to blame for this new fixation. [face_mischief]
  15. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    You're SO welcome, Liz. Very glad to have you aboard. Wait til you get to Doppelgangland. Priceless.

And you like ASH's singing voice? Have you seen/heard the musical episode? It's wonderful. He's wonderful in it. It's all wonderful!!

I'm glad you can make it, Laura! I wanted to make it a little later, but work and other meetings wouldn't allow. And I know Bwing53 is planning a Buffython sometime in March, and I didn't want to step on his day. So this Saturday it is!

Details:

When: Saturday, February 1st, 2003, beginning at 3PM, but show up whenever you can.

Where: Sy's Place (PM me if you need directions)

Who: Whomever wants to come.

Now, what do you people want to munch on? I won't pick up pretzels again, since we ate the leftovers (read: never touched) for about two weeks afterwords. I'm thinking Taco dip is a go, regular chips and dip; do we want to order pizza again, or cook something here?

As before, I'll have Pepsi, Sprecher's Root Beer, water, coffee, orange juice, and milk to drink. If there's something else you fancy, please feel free to bring it along.

Okay, is there anything I missed?

Yes, there is. I can't promise the usual support group, more like an enabling group. But I'm here for ya!! (I have both Watcher's Guides and Every Single Episode on tape. Maybe I should look for a real support group.)
  16. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm so confused. I must have kept transposing the upcoming events in my mind--I thought Hockey Night was the first, and Buffy night on the eighth. Now, I know I can get off on the eighth all day, but I'm not sure about this weekend. I shall try. My grandma is still hanging on, so I don't know what's up with that situation. If she doesn't make it through the week, my mom may do a wake-type thing saturday night, in which case I will miss Buffy night. However, if the situation unfolds the way I suspect it will, the wake may have to be earlier. If that's the case, I'll see about getting off early on Saturday to make it, or else Maureen and I will just have to come after 6:00. All this means is that you won't be allowed to watch "Once More . . ." until later, when we arrive. Understand? I won't be denied the viewing pleasure.

So, now that I've thoroughly confounded everyone (including myself), I shall go. I hope to be there Saturday, even if its a little later. I'll keep you informed (especially you, Catie!).

Jason
  17. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    And once again, I curse this stupid confirmation retreat. Arrrgh! Guess we'll just have to plan another Buffy night later on, where I might be able to make it. :)

However, I just finished watching "The Dark Age" and I just have to say that Giles is, once again, my favorite character ever. So my happiness is slightly restored by the comfort of my lovely, lovely DVD player.
  18. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I should have realized the problem with this weekend sooner than now. I would absolutely love to come to Buffy day and learn the ways of the Buffster however, this weekend is NHL Allstar weekend and the Superskills/Youngstars game is at 5:45 on Saturday (and for the record the Allstars game is on Sunday 2:30pm EST).

As it is very clear Hockey is one of my favorite things so I'm going to have to pass on this weekends Buffy stuff. Taping it just isn't cool. However, if after the Youngstars/Superskills you all are doing something we'd be happy to join you!

M
  19. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    The previous Buffy night went on for a very long time, so there's a more than decent chance we'll still be doing something after the hockey game is done. So that'd be cool. :)
  20. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh absolutely. I myself am going to miss the Super Skills competition (I'm bummed about that), but since I was dense enough to schedule something on All-Star Weekend, I deserve to be punished. At least I'll be able to watch the game on Sunday.

Anyhoo, you are absolutely welcome to come any time you're able to make it. And I'm sure we'll fill you in on the more pertinant info.
  21. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just had to hop online to comment about the teaser for next week's Buffy. All I'm going to say about it is .... I love February sweeps.
  22. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    All right. I switched days off, so I'm off this Saturday, instead of next. Depending on what happens with my grandma, Maureen and I should be there, and we're looking forward to it.

Jason

23. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Catie-
    I might be a little late coming to Buffy-thon. I have a baby shower to attend to at 11 AM and right after that I'll be signing a new apartment lease. I'm going to see if I can change the signing of the apartment lease to Friday.
    I have to move because the apartment complex that I am currently staying at is not safe anymore due to apartment maintenance coming through my door without knocking and I happen to be standing in my own living room while it is happening. I was already paranoid of being alone in my apartment without my husband but this scared me to death. So I am moving to Franklin on Feb. 24th. If I get the apartment set up really nice I would like to do a little Buffy party of my own. My new place has a clubhouse with a jacuzzi, a sauna, nice exercise equipment, and two outdoor pools(obviously they won't be ready yet at this time of the year). My apartment will have a huge living room, a big balcony, and most importantly it will have central air. Although all this stuff is cool, I have so much to pack. I am trying to get rid of two desks so I can buy a smaller one so if anyone is looking for a cheap desk please PM me. I really need to get rid of them. I would do Ebay but that might take too long.
  24. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    No problem, Laura. Come whenever you can. And congratulations on the new pad! It sounds groovy! (Must be channeling Austin Powers.)

Glad you can make it, Jason. Looking forward to having you here.

Alright, for a quick headcount, I have Jeff (and guest?), Dawn, Christine, Jason and Maureen, Larua, and maybe Dwayne and Marcy later. Who am I missing?

As for the food, how's pizza sound? We'll have munchies throughout the Buffython, but a dinner-like item is necessary, I think. I know that's what we got last time, and that seemed to go well. We could get a few from the same place if everyone's okay with that. Or, I could pick up a bunch of Jack's Frozen pizzas (a variety for the more choosy eaters)and make them here. Anyone want to chime in on this? Hello?
  25. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    Frozen pizza is good, and much cheaper than ordering out. Cheap is good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.