main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Buffy Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SySnootles, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Oh guys, the food part is on me. Don't worry about it. It's more or less what you guys want to ingest. I have a steady job until at least mid-June (revised this morning. Much better than the December we were hearing), and like to turn people on to Lisa's pizza. Whatever is decided is okay with me.

Ooo -- I can think of at least one thing that someone could bring, specifically. A cooler for the beverages. I have a not-very-large fridge, so a cooler would be most helpful. Any volunteers?

2. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Done! (Ice, too)

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I love sick days. I just finished Season 2 a few minutes ago, and already the craving for Season 3 has begun. :D Thank god for FX and it's twice-a-day Buffy fix. Though I think they're already halfway through Season 4, so I'm completely lost. But who cares?

I'm babbling now (cold medicine makes the head fuzzy) Have fun with the Buffy night! I'll try and make it to the next one.

4. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Any type of food is good for me. I loved that taco dip too much though. It's scary how much of that stuff I can eat. It was very yummy. For me, the taco dip would be enough.

5. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Hope you feel better, Liz! My wife and I finished season 3 tonight. I feel your pain.

Jason

6. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    You're in luck, Liz. FX is still on Season Three. In Season Four, they're in college. Well, not all of them. Just Buffy and Willow. It should be a smooth transition for you. And wasn't the end of Season Two heartbreaking? I mean, did you feel for Buffy (and Angel) or what?

Laura, the taco dip does seem to be favored among the Milwookieeans. But I use no-fat/low-fat/low sodium ingredients, so it's not as bad for you as it could be. Do no need to feel guilty!!

By the way, did I miss anyone's PM for directions or other details? I've been frustrated with work and not all that with it when it comes to communicating. If I haven't responded to your latest PM, please PM me again. I'll get to it right away. I promise.

7. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Tomorrow ought to be fun. :) I can't wait.

8. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    Catie-

I'm definitely going to be late for the Buffy-thon. I will probably be there around 4 pm since I am signing my new apartment lease at 3 pm.
    I am looking forward to seeing everyone there!

9. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    No problem whatsoever. Come when you can. Looking forward to it!

10. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    MANY thanks to Catie and Cally for hosting--Maureen and I had a great time!
    We're looking forward to doing it again soon!

Jason

11. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Yes, many thanks. :) It was a blast! It was very gracious of you to invite all of us obnoxious folk into your home once again. The food was excellent, as always. I really enjoyed the Buffy. I may have to borrow the DVDs from you eventually. The series definitely merits a full viewing.

12. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks, Catie and Callie! I had a good time. :) A little Buffy, a little hanging out with the group. Always good things. :)

13. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Catie, sorry I missed the gathering...I bet you can guess why. I hate when bad stuff happens. Anyway, I hope you all had a great time.

14. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Oh shucks, Jason. I kinda figured you were a bit busy that night. No problem. We did miss you, but I understand.

Thank you all for coming! I had a great time, too. I hope all enjoyed the episodes we watched. My only regret is we didn't get to watch more of the newer episodes. But, that's what the next Buffython is for...

15. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Okay, last night's episode...
    Who cried? I didn't, but I think Cally teared up a little. It was very touching, although a bit confusing at the end.

So Giles isn't The First. Almost seemed too obvious. I still want to know how he got out of getting axed. How creepy was the scene in the old Initiative? That demon was eeacchh.
    Very creepy.

And I like Kennedy now. I hate to admit it, but I do. So sue me.

16. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Okay, so color me a bit unhappy with last night's Buffy. I felt that there was too much going on, and the whole 'Amy has to punish Willow for murder' storyline was a bit lame. Also, Giles's oneliner, "So you think I'm evil for bringing girls into the woods and not touching them" was off. I'm hoping next week is better.

17. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    I had a lot of fun on Saturday. Of course, it was great seeing everyone again including some I have not met before. I would not mind at all if anyone would like to have the next Buffython at my new place. It will be a good half a month after I move in on Feb. 24th before I will have the apartment looking decent but I would not mind having people over.
    Last night's episode was great. At first, I thought Amy was The First and I thought Kennedy was dead meat but the revenge plot was a slight disappointment. Otherwise, I found it thrilling. I wonder what they are going to do with Spike's chip. My guess is that she is going to have them remove it if they could do it without killing him. I can't wait for the next new episode.

18. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    WELL --

What an episode that was. Cleared some things up, and brought a whole new set of issues to the table. And gave us perhaps the best Buffy quote ever: "Like a bidet of evil." I laughed about that one all night.

How about that for a runner. Favorite quotes from the show. Who wants to start?

19. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I like the fact that we now know which side of good and evil the Principal is on...even if it may not be on Buffy's side of the good side because of the Spike issue (if the First is being honest). I'm glad Andrew decided to take the redemptive route as opposed to what the First was offering him, too. Good episode. :) Now I can't wait for Angel tonight (even though I was too stupid to tape last week's episode - damn).

20. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Sadly, because of the snow, I missed the episode. Instead of getting home at 6:45 like I planned, my mother didn't get to pick me up from paint crew until 7:45. :(

But it sounds like it was a good episode. I'll have to read a recap of it somewhere and decide for myself.

EDIT: Can I just say, this is the funniest image I've seen in a long time?

[image=http://www.slayerhelp.com/Bilder/Screencaps/Buffy/7_14/firstdate_226.jpg]

21. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, Liz, because of this fabulous obsessive/compulisive disorder I have, I have the episode on tape. If you wanted to borrow it, I'm sure we could work something out. Just let me know.

And Angel was great, wasn't it? I missed the first episode that they showed on Wednesday (it's new night), so I can't start taping them until I get that one. They have to be in sequential order, otherwise things don't make sense. Darn it!!

And what's with having to wait three weeks for a new Angel?!? That sucks!! At least I'll have Angel, Season One in DVD to keep me sated.

22. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Angel was good... i didn't see that coming, and at the end there, i was like "whoa..."

making me wait 3 weeks is terrible, especially after that ending...

then again, maybe it's worth the wait. I mean, Faith makes her return :) Should be interesting, to say the least...

23. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Are we sure it's a three week wait, or where they just whetting our appetite for the fact that Faith is back then? I'd find it strange not to have a new Angel next week, being the end of sweeps month and all...

And what the heck is up with Cordy????

Also, I did love Giles' flashcards for the oriental potential this week. :)

24. LauedGiind

Sep 4, 2002
    OMG! The flashcards were the best out of the whole Buffy episode. I was laughing so hard. I missed the Angel episode though...can someone fill me in?

Catie-let me know what time you are going to pick up that desk on Saturday and I'll give you directions to my place.

25. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Catie, I'd love to borrow it!

Also, oddly enough, I have never, ever seen a single episode of Angel. Perhaps we should work out an "Angel Marathon" day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.