main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Buffyverse Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by RainSolo, Sep 1, 2015.

1. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015

Yeah the humor was awesome in those episodes! Angels arc was really dark for the first half of that season, so it was really refreshing to have a much lighter, funnier second half. And Angels glee at being able to walk around in the sun was hilarious!

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I thought a big chunk of season 2 just wasn't that engaging. Their were some really good episodes at the start, and the final three-parter was lots of fun, but the middle with Angel splitting from the group...[face_plain]

RainSolo likes this.
  3. RainSolo

Aug 31, 2015
    Yeah him splitting up with the group was a bit tedious, but it made me appreciate them as a unit more when he did eventually join back up. And him having to take orders from Wesley was pretty funny!

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Yeah, though honestly I thought Gunn would have been the natural choice for leader, having lead his own crew. The writers obviously wanted a certain dynamic, but I think they bent a few characters to make it work.

5. RainSolo

Aug 31, 2015
    I would have though there would have been more of a democracy than an outright leader. As you mentioned, Gunn had his own crew, and Cordie was there before Wesley was. I guess Wesleys experience as a "rogue demon hunter" gave him the edge :p I always saw Wesley and Gunn as equals, brothers in arms if you will, so it was odd seeing Gunn take orders from Wesley in that sense.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    My favorite characters were Willow and Anya in Buffy. Willow had the most growth in the series and went through some awful things to get there. Anya was just such a different character, more than just some clueless chick. Xander often irritated the hell out of me with his selfishness. Never cared for Angel in Buffy, unless he was Angelus. I liked him more in his own show.

Wesley went from weak to wonderful in Angel, definitely my favorite character. Loved Lorne too, his demon power, family, everything about him. I always found his last scene very powerful.

7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Buffy Favorite Characters - Spike, Anya, Giles, Tara, Willow, Faith, Oz

Angel Favorite Characters - Illyria, Angel, Wesley, Cordelia, Fred, Spike, Doyle, Gunn, Lorne, Lilah, Gavin, Holland Manners, Connor.

RainSolo likes this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, they made sure to have a lot of good callbacks in S7...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doesn't mean it doesn't break your heart a little but it's there...

9. RainSolo

Aug 31, 2015
    Despite the jumbled and at times just plain creepy start to the Buffy/Spike pairing, I actually preferred their relationship to the much more predictable romance with Angel. I think thats why I liked Angel so much when he got his own show, because he was his own character, rather than his whole character revolving around Buffy. And Angelus, although hes so evil, is just so fun to watch onscreen!

10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Re-watched the Angel episode "City of..." last night and it is still a very good, very strong pilot.

soitscometothis and gezvader28 like this.