Ohio The Burning Question

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by MaverickJedi, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    With the upcoming release of Episode III I know there are a LOT of loose ends we're all dying to see tied up. Which intrigues you the most? What question in your mind has you sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting to be answered? Or, asked differently, what are you most excited to see?
  2. Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    And let's make sure this is kept spoiler-free. ;)

I most curious as to how the fact that Luke and Leia are born is hidden from Anakin.
    My personal theory is that Anakin thinks that Pames has been killed, hence she is able to escape and be hidden on Alderaan.
    Perhaps Anakin thinks that Obi Wan was partially resposible for the events that lead up to Padme's death, which then contributes to their falling-out.
  3. Moff_D Jedi Knight

star 5
    I am curious to see if Darth Sidious and Palpatine are in fact the same person. I've always assumed they were but I've had doubts lately (and no, I'm not aware of any spoilers).

I want to see if Mace goes out as cooly as Samuel L. Jackson was hoping. ;)

Like Jade, I'm wondering just what will it be that drives Anakin over the edge, and how well GL meshes it with what we already know (i.e. Leia knowing her mother).

There are plenty of other little things I'm wondering about but a lot of those are from the trailer, and that starts to tread into spoiler territory so I'll leave that.
  4. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    The hiding of the twins (and Padme) is interesting. Also, how they get split up with Luke on Tatooine with Obi-Wan watching over him. I'm also curious as to how Obi-Wan and Yoda make it Tatooine and Dagobah and avoid the purge.
  5. Darth-Shul Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What or who makes Anakin go against Obi-wan. Of course what and where does Padme and kids go.
  6. MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Good point Tobey. I've wondered for years how two of the strongest Jedi can "hide" their presences and avoid the devastation that comes to the rest of the Jedi. I realize that Dagobah's mass amount of life would create a lot of Force signatures to shift through, but still. No doubt Vader would be relentless. Maybe he assumes Yoda dead, as well.

I'm just looking forward to this film being the pinnacle and the real thread that ties them all together. Emotionally it's going to be rough to watch heroes fall and the Jedi diminish after seeing them (finally!) in their day, but of course we all know that this is how the story goes...
  7. Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am wondering if GL will go with the EU answer about the hiding of the couple of Jedi--that they hide in the shadow of the Dark Side--like the cave on Dagobah. Or if George will come up with his own idea.

And I agree. I don't want to see my favorite PT characters die. Aayla, Bariss, Kit
    And I don't like the idea of Anakin going bad either. Him in the Vader suit is one thing. A Dark Anakin pre-suit, though. That is something else *Shivers*
  8. Moff_D Jedi Knight

star 5
    I think it is pretty clear in the OT that Vader and the Emperor have no idea that Obi-Wan and Yoda are alive. You would think they would have wondered how Luke continued his training after Vader killed Obi-Wan. Maybe Yoda's advanced age had diminished his presence in the Force? Or perhaps they did not care if any Jedi had survived the purge since any survivors could not have challenged their power.

Whatever the case, I think one ship shown in the trailer is the Tantive IV, and it looks to me like it is heading to Tatooine. I wonder how we get to that point (assuming my guess is correct)?
  9. MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I can buy that explanation - that even if Vader & Co. knew about Obi-Wan and Yoda, would they perceive them as a threat? I'm sure neither were exactly capable of their old fighting prowess. But then again, Vader admonishes more than once in A New Hope not to underestimate the Force...

And random comment - I don't want to see Mace Windu bite it. :( He's way too cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.