main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The Bush Party Strikes Back '07 - June 23rd

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I know I don't do much 'round here no more, but I still wanna have you guys out some weekend this late spring or summer.

Dates open for me are any that I can ask for off (which is anyday, even the middle of the week), so I'll let you guys chat about it at your meeting (or just on the boards over the next couple months) and get back to me with when you'd like to hold it.

It'll be the same arrangements, with you guys setting up tents (no driving home if you've drinken) and tarps will be handy this time ;)

I figure this'll be easier on a long weekend, so the ones available (that won't likely be snowy and cold) are May Long Weekend (the 21st), Canada Day Long Weekend (July 1st), and August Long weekend (August 6th - i think). So when you guys decide which one you're having ForceFest on this year (if you decide to hold it on a long weekend), then lemme know and we can pick one of the other weekends.

So, come one, come all... and don't worry, the chainsaw will be put away ;)

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    looking forward to it :)

3. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
  4. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    CHAINSAWS!!!!

5. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    woohooohoooooo we gonna have fuuuuuunnnn.

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, it's been... about a month (too lazy to click back) and no one's had any suggestions, so for now we'll say May Long Weekend, if that's okay with everyone. If you guys wanna have a chance to talk about it, then go ahead. Nothing's written in stone at this point.

Arrangements are gonna be the same as before, BYOB, BYO Tents, and a potluck BBQ. We'll arrange who's bringing what when it's closer to the date.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm also gonna try and pick up a portable cd player so we can listen to tunes, and we already have power and water (and of course indoor plumbing). So assuming we're not buried under 2 feet of snow still -and who knows with the winter we've been having- then we'll try and aim for May Long Weekend.

Hope to see you all there! :)

7. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    sounds good as long as weather is nice :)

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    somethings come up already and am going to be out of town that weekend :(

9. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    Sorry Berx, I'm gonna be gone as well. :( Dang it!

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Just realized it doesn't need to be a long weekend. In fact a weekday will even do, but I don't think you guys can take any old day off.

If June 2nd (the following saturday) is no good, then I guess I'll cancel.

Lemme know if that works yet.

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    works so far :) please don't cancel, jsut so hard to tell so far in advance.

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll give it until 2 weeks before as the go/no go date. So we're gonna try for June 2nd for now.

13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm gonna push this back again. I'm going to BC for a week or two in late May, and so I don't wanna have to ask for another 3 or 4 days off for this (some cleaning and yard work will need to be done, as well as a day or two for recovery) right after I get back from BC. :(

How does the end of June look? I'm thinking the weekend of the 23rd or thereabouts. Could be a good shakedown for you guys for Forcefest.

Lemme know. If that doesn't work then there's later in July or even August.

(Forcefest is gonna be Canada Day weekend, right?)

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    forcefest is the prior weekend june 15

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Gotcha... so do you think the 23rd would be too soon after?

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    might be ok depends on how sick of each other we are :p

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, she's tentatively on the 23rd... or... I dunno. I'll post in a couple days if I wanna have it then.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, I'm still going ahead with the 23rd of June, but first a quick question: Should we have this in the yard again, in the same spot by the barn as last time, or should I move it into the bush behind the house? I need to know where everyone wants to put it, because if it's in the bush, then I'll need to do some work back there to clear away some of the brush (not that I mind, I need the exercise) and dig a firepit.

I'd rather have this in the woods, because then it'll be a real bush party, plus it's easier to hang a tarp off of trees than nothing.

Oh, and if we do have it in the back, there's a chance we'll end up having to put it in the yard anyway, if the summer's too dry it'd just be too risky to have it in the bush.

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    whatevers easiest for you

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    More deets:

This'll be a BYOB party, also bring something for the grill or a side (salad, potatoes, etc) because I'll have a bbq going around 8-ish.

People can feel free to arrive anytime in the afternoon, say 3 or 4.

Bring a tent, and some surface to sleep on, as well as repellent because the mosquitoes are bad this year [face_worried]

You drink, I take your keys. It's that simple. ;)

The yard work's done now, I just need to cut some poles for the tarp incase of rain, then get this house clean. Thank god for hired labour.

So, who's still in?

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    me and my friend who'll be visiting if thats ok.

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  23. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Sounds good. :)

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh, one more thing: for the love of God, bring a few gallons of mosquito spray. I'll pick up some tiki torches and try to get a good smoky fire going if there isn't going to be any wind, which should help, but as a heads up, for those that haven't really been outside yet the mosquito's are really bad this year.

25. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    You know you can only get like 28% deet now? That's what they're calling "deep woods off" now. *sigh* Someone protect us from the idiots tying to protect us. :rolleyes:
    Anyone know if those goofy "traps" actually work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.