main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The business of Revenge.(A JA fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediKnight-Obi-Wan, Feb 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    More mush for the morning. Great post.

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    no no...dialog does not suck !!! mush is good, almost as good as obi torture. Please post soon...

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Know you, mush we all love!

Did you know that people who have been in tornatos DO get post tramatic stress?

Hope site stays up long enough for the rest soon.

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    You know I was fixing to post last night when the sithly server went and crashed on me. Again. mad.gif Oh well. I'll just post it now during my sneak on. Since it is already written up.
    Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.
    I still feel like this next post is really cheesy, written poorly and all that. I hope it is not as bad as it looks to me.

Oh and by the way, I've never read anywhere that bacta can heal internal injuries. Like broken bones and stuff. So I kinda just mixed what I've heard and what I've read. If anyone knows and wants to fill me in on it I'd be glad to hear it. Because in ESB Luke had serious frost bite, which is has to do with his skin. Hmm does anybody know all of what bacta does?

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~

An-Paj walked past his desk and grabbed Obi-Wan's data pad as he headed for the boy's room. "Master where do you want these files put?" Stopping short of Obi-Wan's room, An-Paj turned to answer the apprentice.

"Just put it on my desk. I'll get to it later."
    He turned back around and looked up from the data pad for the first time. Grinning softly he stepped into the room with a mixture of amusement and disbelief on his face.

Qui-Gon Jinn was lying on the bed with Obi-Wan. Both were asleep. Qui-Gon's large frame was dangerously close to the edge of the small bed and Obi-Wan was snuggled up on his other side. Qui-Gon's right arm was sprawled on top of Obi-Wan and the other was placed on his chest.

An-Paj walked softly over to the bed and looked down at the sleeping Padawan and Master. He chuckled as he noted that Obi-Wan's head only came up right under the Jedi Master's arm.

"I could have sworn when I went to bed last night there was only one Jedi in this bed." He said loudly.

Qui-Gon's eyes opened and he looked around quickly. Over the years he had learned to awaken quickly and to be aware of his surroundings immediately.
    "Well good morning Master Jedi." An-Paj said cheerily.
    Qui-Gon looked at the healer as he sat up, careful not to awaken the sleeping boy at his side. "Morning An-Paj."
    "You know I have to ask, why are you here instead of in your own room?" An-Paj asked with a smile.
    Qui-Gon leaned back against the pillow he had propped up behind him.
    Looking down at the boy curled up at his side he smiled. "He had a nightmare."

An-Paj nodded. "About what happened to him."
    It wasn't a question.
    Qui-Gon nodded his face grim. "Yes."
    They both looked at the small figure who was still snuggled up against the big Jedi. His ginger colored hair stood on end, mussed from sleeping.
    "I thought he might be having nightmares. Maybe you can tell me about it later?" An-Paj said, a thoughtful look on his face.
    Qui-Gon nodded again. "Yes, I'll come by later. Right now I could use a good hot shower."
    The healer smiled. "You haven't had one since you got back have you?"
    Qui-Gon shook his head. "That's disgusting Qui-Gon." An-Paj said a teasing grin on his face.

Qui-Gon took it in stride, then replied, "It's your fault. If you hadn't kept me sedated I would have a lot sooner."
    The healer chuckled.
    Gently Qui-Gon eased out and away from Obi-Wan, trying not to awaken him. But as if sensing his Master's absence Obi-Wan woke and looked up at Qui-Gon.
    "Master?" he asked sleepily.
    "It's okay Obi-Wan, I was just going to shower."

"Oh." He struggled to sit up and Qui-Gon leaned down to help him sit up against the pillows.
    As Qui-Gon straightened he couldn't help chuckle at his Padawan's appearance. His hair stuck out every which way and he still looked half asleep.
    "How are you today Obi-Wan?"
    An-Paj questioned.
    Obi-Wan yawned then smiled at his Master. "Much better Master Healer."
    An-Paj nodded and wrote something on his data pad. "Glad to hear it Obi-Wan."

"When can he go home?" Qui-Gon asked.
    The healer raised an eyebrow at Qui-Gon and chuckled. "Qui-Gon you I will allow to go home, but Obi-Wan is another story. You only had a concussion which should be almost all the way healed now. Obi-Wan on the other hand will take at least two more days under my supervision."
    Obi-Wan sighed

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post! I like the way An-Paj wakes up Qui-Gon, and their ensuing conversation was good, too. The small blur at the end was a good touch, too.

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    That was sweet Just who or what was that small blur that ran in ?

Look forward to more

7. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    For the question of Bacta--- It can quite literally heal anything. Inside or out--I remember in a book they had to cycle some through (Wedge? I'm not sure) some pilot's lung because they had punctured it or something.

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Gracious girl! How can you think that post was cheesy?! It's time to bop you over the head again with Yoda's gimer stick.
    Whack Whack Whack!!!
    There, that should fix you. Because that post was awesome! And just who is the small blur? I think I can guess, so hurry and post so I can know I'm right.
    Whack Whack Whack!!!!
    (That's for thinking we are getting sick of you and your stories. I most certainly think not!!! I am greatly looking forward to reading your next story, so please don't take too long to start it!)

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Excellent writing JKOW! Sorry I've been 'out of the loop' for a while, but I enjoyed catching up on your story.

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Bounces into thread pinging off walls in caffine hype....
    YEAH!!!! BREAK TIME. WHOOOO HOOO!
    Stops and notices everyone strange glances

WHAT? I'm on break from studying....Just thought I'd POP in. LOL

Please!!!Stop hitting me Bastet or I'll lose what brains I have left. LOL Then where would you be? lol Or more importantly where would I be.
    My brain is already trying to shut down. I was spell checking that post earlier and I read it chell speck. LOL

RogueJai well just pretend in this story it's not that powerful. LOL Can't go back and change it now. LOL I've only read the JA# series and the TPM novel and that is it. Oh and I read Prime Vector I think. Is that the name??? Anyway I can't remember much of that book. It's been awhile. Plus how come they didn't to that to Obi-Wan in JA#1. When the hutt got him. You know Qui-Gon had to help heal him. Maybe they didn't have a bacta tank.

Jedi Gryph Grin thanks for reading.
    Any other lurkers out there? Please! Sign in.

Bastet yeah I can't wait to start my next story either. I was just writting a scene in my head on the way out to feed the horses. LOL I just need to think of a name now for the story. I wish I had someone to bounce ideas off of. hmm

The small blur will be revealed soon. It's not TOO small. Just smaller than the Masters and healers. LOL I think that post ought to turn out well. I have some good ideas for it.

11. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Well here is another post. I'll be trying to finish this up in the next few days. Ohh I need some more caffine. My eyes are burning. Feedback? PLEASE? I'm sure this...[eyes Bastet warily]...will stink because my brain is goo, pure mush. I've studied it into none existance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan was being smothered.

From the doorway a young accented voice spoke, full of amusement.
    "Padawan you might want to let Obi-Wan breath a little. I do believe he had some serious injuries."

"Ohhh, Obi-Wan are you okay? Did I hurt you?"
    Obi-Wan found himself suddenly able to breath again. Wincing he placed a hand on his chest.

"Oh I'm Obi I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"
    Obi-Wan looked up and grinned. "No Meri, I'm okay, you didn't hurt me."

Meri's brown eyes filled with tears. "You scared me to DEATH. Don't do that again Obi-Wan Kenobi, I don't think I can handle it." she vehemently said from her perch on the bed next to him.

Qui-Gon chuckled. "Shield your face Obi-Wan."
    Both Padawan's looked at him in confusion. Qui-Gon turned to An-Paj and the young Knight who stood next to him. "He'll understand that when he gets older."
    They both chuckled and nodded in agreement.
    Meri turned back to Obi-Wan and hugged him again. "You had me soo worried Obi." she whispered in his ear.

She let him go when she heard his sharp intake of breath. "Oh sorry, sorry." she said quickly.

"Padawan why don't you get OFF Obi-Wan." Alex smiled teasingly.
    Meri frowned, "You're not funny Master. I'm not ON him."

He chuckled. "Not now, no."

Qui-Gon watched the exchange with amusement. The young Knight didn't look much older than his Padawan. He couldn't be much older than twenty-two. It still surprised him that the Council had allowed him to take a Padawan so close in age to him.
    Of course that was Yoda for you. Qui-Gon didn't think he would ever figure out Yoda's line of reasoning on some things.
    Qui-Gon had heard some other Master's talking about it. They didn't agree with it. Of course they thought he was to young to be a Knight as well. Most Padawan's didn't reach Knight hood till at least 25.
    On the surface the Knight appeared light hearted and occasionally mischievous. But if one looked closer he was capable and serious and strong in the ways of the force.

"Master?"

Qui-Gon snapped out of his reverie. "Yes Padawan?"
    Obi-Wan grinned mischievously. "Nothing. We were all just wondering what you were thinking about over there."
    Qui-Gon looked up and noticed everyone looking at him with smiles on their faces.
    "Why do I get the feeling you were just talking about me?" he asked wryly.
    Meri laughed as did her Master. An-Paj just had a silly grin on his face. Obi-Wan was grinning the biggest. His blue eyes twinkling mischievously.

"An-Paj just told us a funny story." Obi-Wan said, then bit his lip to keep from laughing.

Qui-Gon sighed and looked over at the healer. "You told them didn't you? I'll never live it down."

Obi-Wan and Meri collapsed in giggles but Obi-Wan quickly stopped, a pained expression on his face. Meri turned to him in concern, "Obi?"
    He waved her away. "No, I'm okay. Just remind me not to laugh anytime soon."

While the two Padawan's were occupied Qui-Gon leaned over and spoke to An-Paj. "You didn't tell him why I tried to mind trick you, did you?"
    An-Paj shook his head. "I'm sure he is curious as to why you are in here at all Qui-Gon but that is up to you to tell him or not."
    Qui-Gon nodded his thanks.

The three adults watched for awhile as the two Padawan's caught up. When asked what happened to him Obi-Wan balked and back peddled quickly.
    It wasn't something he could talk about yet without getting emotional. He hadn't had the chance to release his feelings into the force yet.
    Reaching out a hand, Meri placed it on his arm. "It's okay Obi, you can tell me later if you want."

Obi-Wan nodded relieved, the first signs of weariness starting to appear on his face. Realizing this Master Arieh stepped forward to claim his Padawan.
    "Come Padawan, Obi-Wan is getting tired." The 15 year old stood and gave

12. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Obi has got himself some sweet friends!!!

I think a surprise party is in order

Loved the post, as always look forward to more!!!

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, sweet! I just knew that short blur was going to leap right onto Obi-Wan's chest! I liked the humour, too, especially the way An-Paj recounted how Qui-Gon tried to mind-trick him--and then Qui-Gon wasn't even listening! Now, on with the birthday party!

14. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    YAY a suprise party!!!(this time a real suprise).

I am glad Obi-Wan is recovering well.

Kim B

15. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    How sweet. It's so good to see Obi-Wan doing so well.

Such a sweet story!!

16. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful!!! I can't wait for more!

Sorry I've been in lurker mode, but I had to post to let you know how much I ove this story!

17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Up my poor thread.
    Maybe I can finish the last post soon.
    Maybe tonight.

18. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Posts WHERE ARE YOU ??!!??

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    AHHH where are the freakin post!!!

20. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Why can't I read the newest post mad.gif mad.gif

21. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I don't know if this will show but it is worth a shot. I'm cutting this post in half. It was going to be one huge long thing, but now I'm trying to get it to show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A week later Obi-Wan was out of the infirmary and back in his quarters with Qui-Gon. The healers were as glad to see him go as he was to leave.

"Nothing strenuous Obi-Wan. No sparring, and no other physical activities until you are given permission do do so."

Obi-Wan stood by his Master shifting from one foot to the other as he listened to An-Paj's seemingly endless lecture. He couldn't wait to get out of here. He had been restrained to long for the fourteen year olds comfort. Qui-Gon reached out a hand and placed it on his Padawan's shoulder. Obi-Wan looked up, his eyes twinkling and stood still. Qui-Gon nodded and smiled.

"...and most importantly Obi-Wan please don't come back any time soon. As much as I like you, I don't like you that much."
    Qui-Gon chuckled and Obi-Wan grimaced. "I won't. Not if I can help it."

"Which you usually can't." An-Paj muttered.

The next few days Obi-Wan spent under the watchful eye of his Master. Finally one day the door chimed and Obi-Wan ran to answer it. "Careful Padawan."
    Obi-Wan sighed and rolled his eyes as he slowed to a walk.
    His ribs weren't bothering him any more. Well not much. Just a twinge now and then. And his leg was all well, so was his arm. He didn't understand why his Master had kept him confined for the past few days.
    Qui-Gon smiled to himself as he heard the sigh from the hyper Padawan.
    Obi-Wan opened the door to find Bant and Meri standing outside. "Hey Obi, you want to go for a walk?"
    The two girls stood next to each other, a sparkle in their eyes.
    Obi-Wan hesitated. "I have to go ask my Master just a second."
    He left the door open and walked back into the apartment. Meri shot Bant a look which Bant returned, an impish grin appearing on both of their faces.
    From inside the two girls heard the expected cry of "Thank You Master!!!!"
    They both laughed softly, then quickly schooled their features as Obi-Wan appeared, his Master walking behind him. Placing a hand on his Padawan's shoulder, Qui-Gon smiled at the two girls. "Be careful Padawan. And have fun." Obi-Wan groaned. "I'll be FINE Master."

Behind his Padawan's back Qui-Gon winked at the two girls who struggled to keep their straight faces. Grabbing his hands both girls turned and started leading him down the hall.
    "I'll see you later Padawan." Qui-Gon said softly. A smile on his face.

"Bye Master!"
    Obi-Wan called over his shoulder as the two girls dragged him down the hall.
    The thought crossed his mind as to why his Master hadn't said anything about that. He was constantly telling him to be careful and then he left Meri and Bant drag him down the hall.
    Shrugging, Obi-Wan decided to just concentrate on his new found freedom.

22. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
  23. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Sorry, this is SO frustrating. I cannot see the latest posts on this thread. Arghh!

24. Laheara

Laheara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2000
    HHHHEEEELLLLLOOOO????!?!?!?!?!?

Is anyone alive out there?? What happened to this thread?????

25. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    it was continued on a second thread called Business of Revenge # 2, I believe. It has been completed too. Great story. Search the last 15 days you should be able to find it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.