main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The 'Cable Original' Art thread - All-Con art!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BillCable, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    I've sent you an email Cable

2. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Very, very fine work, and I'd like to thank you for sharing it with us. :D Remarkable!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Cable, I just had a look at your most recent stuff and it's amazing. Very highly detailed and I admire you for chosing to draw the more obscure characters.

And congrats on having your art in the hands of a Star Wars actor. I think that may be all of our dreams some day. ;) :D

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    This is fantastic work, Bill--I'll add my compliments on your finely detailed inking. I've done a bit of work with pen and ink, and understand how demanding a medium it can be, particularly in the sort of deep and complex shading you have in your pieces. Beautiful work--and congrats on your commission for the Squid Head! I love that drawing in particular: the angle and perspective are perfectly drawn, and again--wonderful shading and texture! Let's see more! :)

FF

5. BillCable

BillCable Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Thanks again for all the praise! I agree that this one turned out exceptionally well. I'm hoping to post another one next week.

BTW, Gerald Home, the guy who played Squid Head and received this art, sent me a very nice E-mail complimenting me on it. :D

6. Midgetsforbreakfast

Midgetsforbreakfast Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Great art, Bill!

And I LOVE your website as well! Hilarious!

Keep up the great work! :)

7. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    I have a dandy to share this time! It's one of my favorite characters - Oola!

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/oola_lg.GIF]

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    lol

That's really good

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent drawing!

Once again, you have some very intricate cross-hatching going on there and it only adds to the quality and work put into it. I also like how you included the shadow of the rancor's claw behind her. Classic. :)

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! Great depiction! I agree with our mod: the rancor claw (and assorted skeleton parts!) make the "mood" of the piece! Beautiful work!

FF

11. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I agree with FF. The mood is impeccable. :)

My favorite is the Quarren, though. I haven't gotten the hang of those guys and you nailed him. :D

EDIT: You drew that for the actor?! :eek: Wow.... Truly amazing. [face_reverence]

12. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    You have great composition, your pics are very well thought out.

The Oola pic is awesome, very powerful yet done very subtly.

great stuff

13. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    My favorite is the Quarren, though. I haven't gotten the hang of those guys and you nailed him.

EDIT: You drew that for the actor?! Wow.... Truly amazing. [face_reverence]

I've always been better at aliens than humans. So any chance I get to draw one I make the most of. For Squidhead, I was approached by Todd Carlton, who was organizing the All-Con convention in Dallas where Gerald Home would be signing. He wanted it for Mr. Home as a gift. And Mr. Home just adored the thing. It went over so well that it looks like I might get the chance to do some for a few of next year's guests. And I really can't wait!

14. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    It went over so well that it looks like I might get the chance to do some for a few of next year's guests. And I really can't wait!

That is absolutely incredible. And awesome beyond reason. :cool:

15. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Here's my latest creation, which I'm actually giving away as part of the celebration of our 4-year anniversary over at http://CreatureCantina.com

It's Walrusman. Enjoy!

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/walrusman_lg.GIF]

16. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    :eek: COOL. Did you do that with a pen? That is awesome!
    Great shadings!

Marmida

17. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Yeah, I did it with one of those pens that have a metal nib that you dip into ink. I'm sure there's a technical name for it... maybe it is "pen"... but I always think of a Bic or a marker when someone says that.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: =D= Awesome work, Bill! I just can't get over how detailed your stippling is, and how perfect your proportions are in every one of these! You're giving this away?! You should make it into lithographs and sell them at Amazon.com! Beautiful work--I especially like the effect of it being just a split-second after Obi Wan cuts him with his lightsaber--the wound is there, but the separation hasn't yet occurred... Just great!!

FF

19. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    In fairness, I'm giving it away to generate some interest in people commissioning future works. And it seems to be working. I've already been contacted by 3 people about reserving some characters.

About the lithographs... I'd love to do that! But then LucasFilm would come calling and and suing... so I don't think I'm gonna do that. ;)

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ouch. That definitely had to hurt. I think that single wound alone really makes the drawing. It adds character to it. Not to mention the pen work gives it a professional quality. I love it! :D

21. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    Great work, Bill!!!

I absolutely love the detail and life in your pics! You have incredible talent!

Keep it up! :)

22. darthjaron

darthjaron Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2004
    Excellent Work! How long does it take you to finish a typical drawing?

23. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    I can usually turn one out in about 2 or 3 days, working 2 or 3 hours a day. Some take longer than others. The trick is finding the free time.

24. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Here's the latest. Enjoy!

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/sidious_lg.GIF]

25. Plo_Koon_Rocks

Plo_Koon_Rocks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2005
    Cable, your work gets better and better! I'd like to offically request a drawing pf Plo Koon, to possibly use for future projects. I already have a outstanding artist doing one. But the more the merrier. I will most likely use his in future works but would love to see one by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.