main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The 'Cable Original' Art thread - All-Con art!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BillCable, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillCable

BillCable Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Unfortunately, I've already done a Plo Koon... a long time ago...

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/plo-koon_lg.GIF]

Man... hard to believe that was 5 years ago! It's stunning to see just how much my art has changed (for the better IMHO).

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: =D=
    Geez-Looeez, Bill--these are both fantastic!! =D=
    I really, really like the Sidious piece: the dynamic quality of the movement, and the intricate detail in both his face and his robes is just lucious! Your work is so awesome--I always love to see something new! And as for Plo Koon--he looks marvelous, too--the outstretched hand, reaching for the floating lightsaber is a wonderful perspective! Kudos, once again!

FF

3. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very cool stuff, Bill! I love all of your art :)

Do you take requests?

4. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Most of my pieces are commissioned. So essentially, YES, I do take requests... as long as those requests come with a deposit. :)

5. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    I wanted to share my latest. This one was done for one of the reporters over on RebelScum. He posted an article about it, and I've just been burried in requests the past 24 hours. "Ah... me public!"

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/magnaguard_lg.GIF]

6. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Interesting perspective, and I love all the different techniques you use for pen shading in one image. The stipling, crosshatching, and areas of dark line... it really makes your art pop.

Five years, huh? That's pretty amazing that you've been doing this art for so long and kept at it with an impressive amount of dedication.

7. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Again i'm astounded by the quality of art in these boards! Especially the artist's skills with inking. Congrats on a gorgeous collection of work here, i'm sure you are very proud. :) Thanks for giving me the opportunity to see these wonderful pieces. I like your grasp of dynamic poses and mixture of graphic styles. Really nice. Do you colour your own work or do you have a colourist that you use?

Would like to see more in the near future for sure! :D

EDIT: Oh and I loved your interpretation of the Yuuzhan Vong! :) You don't see many pics of them about and it was nice to find one in here.

8. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    I pencil & ink my own work... no really "coloring," but you probably meant inking. The only color I do is some photoshop work I do on some custom carded figures.

I've been doing these since 1997, so it'll be EIGHT years this fall. It's hard to believe it's been that long, and amazing to see just how far my art has progressed.

9. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I came across all your artwork b-4 I saw this post, I forgot how, I think in google, but it led me to your site. I've seen all your work, the composition and shading are imaculate. You have perfect likenesses but still show off your style in your work. Please for our sake keep posting lol.
    -Arsnl

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Sheesh, what a perspective on the Magnaguard! I'm going to steal a phrase from C3PO:
    "We're doomed...!!!" That's exactly what it looks like here: the guard is airborne, and about to skewer us with that staff---AAAGGHHH! What a great action pose, and as usual, the details are just fabulous! I just love the cape, with the billowing effect--perfect! Great, great piece, Bill!

FF

11. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Here's my newest art...

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/dash-rendar_lg.GIF]

12. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I think I captured Grand Moff Tarkin's likeness exceptionally well. Enjoy!

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/tarkin_lg.GIF]

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I just hate it when I miss an update in one of my favorite threads!! [face_frustrated]!!

I am blown away once again, Bill: your expertise with pen-and-ink are truly amazing! I just love Dash Rendar--the fantastic detailing in the shading and costuming are awesome! I particularly love the "quilted" effect on the back and backs of the thighs (I'm assuming it's for some type of G-reduction effect while in flight...?), and the plating on his armor. And Tarkin is indeed a very good likeness: you've captured not only his gaunt and malevolent glower, but the pronounced wrinkling in his face and hands. The stipling on the uniform must have taken hours and hours, it's so intricate and precise! Two fantastic additions to your gallery, here Bill--thanks for sharing them! :D

FF

14. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Nice! :) Tarkin is a personal favourite of mine (loved the actor even before I knew him as Tarkin for all of his horror work) and you've done an amazing job. Your style with those wrinkles, famous cheekbones and hands all lend so well to his menacing character, great work! :D

15. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    I've been pretty productive recently. Here's another new one:

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/clonetrooper-rots_lg.GIF]

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!!! This is one fabulous Clonetrooper, Bill!! I just love his pose--almost disarming, in a way...if you don't look at that honkin' blaster rifle in his hands, lol! Gorgeous detailing, as always, in the armor--I just love the way you render reflections with the stark black-and-white of pen-and-ink--it's just so d**ned cool! :cool: Very cool with the stipling for the colored spots, too (geez, that has to take you hours and hours...). What a great piece! =D=

FF

17. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    It's hard to believe, but somebody actually commissioned a Gaff drawing! Gotta love those UDEs! Maybe somebody else will go for Admiral Screed one day.

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/gaff-droids_lg.GIF]

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    ..."Gaff"...?
    [face_thinking] ;)

Another outstanding piece for your gallery here, Bill! I'm unfamiliar with the character, but I really like the drawing: as always, fabulous work with the drapery/cape (it always looks like real fabric, moving in a real way--gorgeous!) This is very obviously an instectoid species, with all the barbs and the sectioned body--where was this species introduced...? Probably in a book I should have read already, lol! Love the work, tho--you always impress with your pen-and-ink skills!
    =D=

FF

19. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Actually, Gaff was from the Droids cartoon, believe it or not.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/gaff/

He was one of the 2nd series of Vintage Droids cartoon figures that never got past the prototype stage, so he has something of a following for that reason. If you can find an authentic Gaff prototype it'd be worth more than $3000.

20. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow, you've got some great stuff in here. I love your inking. Great personality in each piece.

21. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    It's been a productive couple weeks. [face_money_eyes]

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/snowtrooper_lg.GIF]

22. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Yet another commission...

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/kit-fisto_lg.GIF]

Crits appreciated!

23. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    You know what I don't like about looking at work as good as yours? I run out of compliments, and ways of saying how great it is. :p

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG!! The Snowtrooper is just great, Bill--there's a real feeling of him slogging through that hip-deep snow there, trying to keep his weapon out of the wet stuff--wonderful detailing, as usual! And Kit Fisto? Awesome!!! The pose, the sense of movement and action, and the great low perspective are all superb! Whoever commissioned this piece has to be doing handsprings about now! Stunning work! =D=

FF

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Cable you do some fantastic art, and I'm amazed you actually do all of this with pen!?!
    Fantastic!=D= :D =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.