main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The 'Cable Original' Art thread - All-Con art!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BillCable, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillCable

BillCable Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Yet another classic beastie - the Bantha!

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/bantha_lg.GIF]

2. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Great contrast. I know from experience that Bantha's are surprisingly hard to draw-all that hair. Well done you.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh WOW!! Beautiful Bantha w/ Tusken rider! Sheesh...the detailing!! I can't get over all that curly, shaggy hair, and the curled, knurled horns...awesome! I really like the rider's arms holding that gaffi and threatening all comers--great bit of action! Another wonderful piece here, Bill! =D==D=

FF

4. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Are you ready for another? How's about an AT-AT Driver? :D

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/at-at-driver_lg.GIF]

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh wow, Bill! =D==D= How in the world do you manage such detail in your pieces...? I don't think I've ever even seen a production drawing or photograph of one of these fellows, and here, you have such incredible detail in his uniform... Just wow...fantastic! Great, great work!

FF

6. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    This is my favorite of your collection. I have always liked the appearence of the AT AT drivers, and you captured them quite well.

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    =D= Very cool.

I don't think I've ever seen an AT-AT Driver look so virile, though [face_worried]

8. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    That's just his harness... [face_whistling]

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
  10. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Wow! Amazing work! =D=

11. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    And yet another. This time it's Saesee Tiin.

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/saesee-tiin_lg.GIF]

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    How beautiful! I love his expression, and the gesture of his saber hand...very meditative... Amazing drapery in his clothing (you're so bloody good at that!), and the texturing throughout is luscious! Another wonderful study, Bill! =D=

FF

13. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    Here's one from the EU for you - Corran Horn.

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/corran-horn_lg.GIF]

14. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice, but somebody should tell Corran he shouldn't touch the shiny end of the lightsaber. :p

I knew he could absorb energy, but I didn't know he was that good.:eek:

Good job!

AG88

15. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Awesome! :D I hope you realize that that pose makes him look disturbingly frightening, almost like he's just taunting you to even try thinking about messing with him. Scary - but most assuredly in a good way. What I like the most about all your drawings is how you incorporate different styles into one image. For instance, the use of pointilism and crosshatching in this one. Makes him pop out all the more - not to mention that you are so bloody good at it. Great job on showing a more sinister looking side to the character. =D=

- Suz ^_~

16. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    When I was doing research for the drawing I checked his Wikipedia site, and this is the line that most impressed me:

"At one point of time, he was able to convert the energy fast enough that he could hold a lightsaber blade with only slight charring on his skin!"

How could anybody NOT pick that as the theme of their drawing? :D

I figured that such a feat would be pretty demanding, so I tried to give him an intensity to express what he'd be going through... all that energy coursing through him.

17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I swear this is the guy who always ends up sitting opposite me on long train journeys!

Nice work.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome!!

Absolutely love that expression--and I agree with the other comments, too: this is a side of Corran Horn we do not often get to see! I wonder what Shedao Shai was thinking, if he got to see this little maneuver...? [face_thinking] A great drawing, Bill! =D=

And soits...? I think you need to pick a different compartment to sit in... [face_worried] ;)

FF

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice work! We don't have enough Corran art.

20. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    It's been a few weeks, but I finally was able to work on some new art. So here's Bib Fortuna!

[image=http://www.creaturecantina.com/cable/images/bib-fortuna_lg.GIF]

21. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Really nice work. I wonder what happened to him. Was he on the sail barge when it blew up?

AG88

22. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow that's awesome! =D= great detail.

23. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    I love how original your work is! I love the style and quality! Awesome!

[face_peace]

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Kewl!! :cool: I am forever amazed at how much detailing you manage to incorporate into each piece, Bill: the twisting on the staff handle is spectacular, with perfect spacing, perfect shading in each turn; the textures on his headtail and robes...luscious! The entire thing is so coiled, with a visible tension and wonderful movement...just gorgeous, as always! =D= Beautiful addition!

FF

25. BillCable

Jun 7, 2001
    According to Wikipedia...

"Through successively more prominent positions, Fortuna â?? who knew how to be obsequious to the Hutt when he had to be â?? finally became Jabba's chief aide. He used that position to plot against his boss and he, like others in the palace, planned to kill the Hutt and take over his business. That plan was put on hold when top Rebel Alliance leaders came to rescue their friend Han Solo from Jabba's clutches. Instead, all the Rebels were captured and ordered to be killed by being dropped into the maw of the Sarlacc at the Great Pit of Carkoon. When the Rebels turned the tables, Fortuna fled in his private skiff just before Jabba's sail barge was blown to smithereens.

"Back at the palace, a confident Fortuna was met by the B'omarr monks who lived in the catacombs below. Some lived as humans, others as detached brains living eternally in jars of nutrient. The monks decided that the nutrient jar was the best fate for Fortuna - or rather, for his brain. They didn't know Fortuna would eventually figure out a way to reinstall his consciousness into another Twi'lek criminal, Firith Olan, in order to make it easier to carry on his criminal activities."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.