main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Calgary Flames Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SHAAK_GG, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I just get back from vacation, and what do I find?

Some inbred oiler fan spamming our Flames Thread!

Go back to your trailer oilers scum!

2. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Ack, Oiler scum![face_frustrated]

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Please refrain from starting a flame war. Just ignore him and show him how true fans act. He started a thread in the Edmonton forum and nobody there appreciated either. This thread is about the Flames and how they are going to do in the playoffs. Lets not let one bandwagon jumper ruin it. You can have your opinion, but when things get stupid, we the true fans and users of this forum know where to draw the line.

Ryan

4. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Well said!
    [face_peace]

5. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Ditto. His thread on the Edmonton boards has gone turned into a Flames thread as well.[face_laugh]

The Flames could eliminate the Ducks tonight!

6. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    No bandwagon jumper here. I've been a serious hockey fan my whole life and a die-hard Oilers fan for decades. I never came to the fanforce forums before.

I'm just trying to have a bit of harmless fun here. If nobody here wants to play along, I'll leave you all alone.

Relax!

7. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    That was having harmless fun, by calling us godless fans?

8. BLACKJEBUS

Jan 9, 2002
    It was about as harmless as that comment, actually.

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    We're all here for fun. But when you come out of nowhere like some 12yr old kid trying to start a pissing match, thats where we all get annoyed. Like you said it was your first post to the fanforce board. At least get to know everybody before you start going on a rant. That way your not precieved as some snot nose kid just trying to start trouble.

Oilers sure made a huge comeback tonight which was cool to watch. The flames didn't even show up I thought. Must have been jet leg. Or they left their leg in Calgary.

10. BLACKJEBUS

Jan 9, 2002
    Well I'm getting to know everybody now, aren't I? As far as I'm concerned, I got some attention and made myself part of the conversation. And it was fun. If you don't like my opinion, well, I have others.

I actually watched the Flames game, too. I thought they were lucky to even have the chance they did to keep it so close, especially with how much time they spent in the penalty box, and how they got a break on Selanne's disallowed goal. Game 7 is going to be pretty intense.

11. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    What an amazing 3rd period (for the Oilers I mean) First time in 8 years they make the playoffs, and they knock out one of the top teams!! It's very exciting. And I have faith the Flames will pull it off tommorow night! I don't know that I want a battle of Alberta though... Oilers are my favorite (sorry guys) It'll suck at work.

12. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Tonights it, Calgary's season could end tonight. Lets hope it does not. Oilers vs Flames in the playoffs would rock!

13. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    so what was that? I guess the flames just didn't want to play in the playoffs. That was the worst flames series of all time. Only really playing 2 games in the series it was really sad. I'm exspecting big trades next year I'm sure Sutter will be really mad about this. Oh well I guess theres always next year.

14. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Yup, its over. Calgary's season is finsihed. Shuout to, how awful.

The only bright thing to look forward to is that Kipper will porably win the Vezina trophy.

Hey guys, cheer for my Avs, they can get revenge for you all!

15. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Was tehre a game tongiht. Well somebody better have told the flames that. Did they look dead or what. They played like they did in game 6. Totally flat. I thought somebody like Donavan or Kobasew would have stepped it up. Oh well there is always next year. So I wonder who Sutters gonna trade. Hamerlik????? What did that guy really do? Getting rid of Conroy was a huge mistake. He should have stayed at least he would have been in round one of the playoffs.

16. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Worst.Game.Ever.

Fell asleep halfway through the third..that was terrible.

*dissapointedly puts away flames jersey for another year*

17. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (insert Vader scream here, as he drunkenly rips off his Flames jersey, in anguish and disappointment):_| :_| :_| :_|

Anyone know where our team is? I think we lost them somewhere in Anaheim...:rolleyes: <sigh>

Well done Ducks. You derserve to win. Our team was out-manned, out-gunned, OUT-PLAYED. There was no spark, no jump, no desire what so ever in our game. Dooks bro, Stacy said it best, "It's like watching the Keystone Cops running around on the ice!'

Last season, we had no expectations and they went all the way to the end. This year we expected so much from them and they lost - MISERABLY, EMBARRASINGLY. I guess Grissom was right - 'Don't expect anything because if you do, you'll always be disappointed.' (I was watching an old episode of CSI right before the game and he said that line - how cruelly right he was...)

Go Ottawa!
    Go Colorado!
    Go San Hose! (I'm not ready to cheer for Edmonton)
    Go Carolina! Go New Jersey! (I just can't decide who I want to win - they're both really great teams)

I still love ya Iggy. And you Kipper [face_love]

18. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Well, looks like the Flames should change their name to the f-LAMES. The Ducks didn't win, the Lames beat themselves by not showing up. The "Red Mile" will now be known as the "Red-faced Mile"; Red-faced by anger and embarassment. What a terrible last couple of games. Unfortunately, you can't win a series with only two players no matter how good Iggy and Kipper are. Hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and start playing hockey in the playoffs next year.

19. BLACKJEBUS

Jan 9, 2002
    Congratulations to the Flames for a great regular season, but it's tough to lose like that in the playoffs.

That was a pretty uneventful game 7. I was expecting a bit more fireworks from Sutter's club. Oh well, I suppose some retooling will be done in the off-season, and I look forward to the first Oilers-Flames game next October.

So Flames fans, who do you cheer for now? Ottawa, your hated Northern rival, or whoever plays the Oilers?

20. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Cheer for the Avs Calgarians, they can get revenge for the Flames and eliminate the Ducks!

Go Avs! Say it with me!

21. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I'm cheering for any Canadian team now. Keep the cup up north. It's the biggest trophy in professional sports and doesn't deserve to be in the US where their national sport involves only swinging a bat and running a few steps. Hockey is the modern day gladiator sport.

22. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    It's too bad about the Flames, I would have liked a Battle of Alberta
    Oh Echo,sigh, we will have to watch a game together so I can show you the true wonderfulness(is that a word) or the orange and blue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.