VIDEO The Call of Duty Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Oct 9, 2013.

1. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    One thing I really don't like about the recent Call of Duty games is that it's all just AMERICA now. I mean you used to be an American, a Brit, a Russian... I mean Modern Warfare 3 had SO MANY chances, you could've been a French special forces guy in the Paris mission. You could've been the German tank commander in the Germany level. Instead your always an American or a rogue British special forces duo.
    Point Given and Zeta1127 like this.
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Modern Warfare had you jumping between an American soldier (well, two, if I recall correctly) and a British SAS operative. Modern Warfare 2 had you playing as more of the same. Modern Warfare 3 has you playing as a British SAS operative (or at least former operative), an American, and a Russian. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 keep you pretty strictly American, as far as I remember. If you're complaining about diversity in Modern Warfare, you have to acknowledge that the games improved upon that with each iteration.
  3. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't forget Marcus Burns and Andrei Harkov for Modern Warfare 3, so its really a British SAS operative and a former one, an American, and two different Russians.
    Last edited by Zeta1127, Nov 25, 2013
    Penguinator likes this.
  4. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    I heard the next COD may be made by Sledgehammer. Thoughts?
  5. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't know if that's good news or bad news.
  6. Drendrar Jedi Youngling

I don't usually regret buying games... but this one I do regret.

No innovations, no better graphics, 50 GB download, no logic, no sense... NO DEDICATED SERVERS!!!! Lots of Hackers!

This game is just bad, bad, bad.
    Its Modern Warfare 1 without any of the good stuff basically.

[IMG]
  7. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Rented Ghosts today. My question is were is all of our allies during the campaign? It just seems like they all gave us the finger.
  8. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of geopolitical accuracy in COD :p
  9. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    'MURICA doesn't need any allies! Or any humour whatsoever. 100% seriousness here guys, this is for the MATURE gamers.
    Last edited by 07jonesj, Jan 26, 2014
  10. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
  11. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I do believe the only CoD games I haven't played are Ghosts and 3. I still think my favorite is the first though, just replayed that recently and ALL TEH NOSTALGIA. :p
  12. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ghosts, virtually all of the Treyarch games save BOII, and most of the WWII games save a few of the spin-offs, are the only CoD games I haven't played.
  13. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    I found this interesting.

Language Warning:
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Next COD announced and it is about PMCs.

If you fight as the PMCs count me interested, if it is 'Merica fighting corporations count me disinterested...
  15. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    PMCs could be fun, but I would be highly surprised if you play as them. Maybe for part of the game, before going back to 'Merica ala H.A.W.X.?
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    The villain could be a rogue PMC and you play as a PMC working under the UN or something and leave nationalities out of it.
  17. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, that could be interesting.
  18. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Well the game has been under development for three years so that means it should be good right guys? [face_relieved]
  19. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Apparently Sledgehammer are only working on the Xbox One and PS4 versions, so that's three years on a game on the latest gen consoles. The trailer looks great but I'm wanting more details. I'm really hoping they don't just reuse the same multiplayer again. Yeah, they can do fancy things with the campaign but everything about Ghosts multiplayer that I've seen was just like BO2, which was just like MW3, etc. They need to shake it up and ignore the pro-gamers and e-sports. What's the point on focusing so heavily on e-sports when it could turn out that they don't adopt it and the heavy emphasis on it puts everyone else off too?
  20. Gamma626 Jedi Master

star 3
    I have ghosts on ps4, just bought the second map pack today. This will likely be my last entry. I really enjoyed the campaign of Ghosts, and this is the first time I've invested time into the multiplayer. It's not bad, it doesn't bother me. Co-op is ok, but all the randoms are idiots so I never complete anything.
  21. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Advanced Warfare looks interesting. I'll redbox it.
  22. Star Wars HQ Jedi Youngling

Oh yeah definitely. I'm actually excited to play the story in Advanced Warfare. Can anyone say House of Cards...I mean, House of CODS? :) The graphics look great though some of the mp does seem awfully familiar, just with boosting. Still, COD always runs pretty good from day one, unlike a lot of mp games. It's probably why they sell so well.
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  23. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    So I got the game, played the first campaign mission and it looks so damn good-looking on the PS4.

Played a couple hours of multiplayer and I'm already rank 20. I feel like multiplayer is so much more fun now that I can leap around swiftly and fluidly dodge grenades and other players trying to shoot you down.
  24. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  25. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    It's an essential QTE - if you accidentally hit ○, your character begins to Dougie, right in the middle of the funeral ceremony. Just like in real life.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 4, 2014
    Ender Sai and Adam of Nuchtern like this.