San Diego, CA The Canadian Side of the Force (and what happened to Patrick anyway??)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by PatGund, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatGund Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello everyone!

I know the last time I posted here, I was stuck in Los Angeles having my brain eaten by a work contract.

However, while you all were enjoying ComicCon, I was moving to Seattle to be with my fiance. (Yes, I'm engaged. :)

I dragged up my TIE and Jedi garb too, which gave me a chance to troop across the border, as a guest of the Outer Rim Squad.

The Pacific National Expo was having a "cartoon" theme. And for that day, the 501st (and Rebel Legion) were the Grand Marshals for the parade. PNE gave us free passes, food, and a changing area.

[IMG]

(That's me on the left, the TI holding up the Imperial side of the banner)

All the people save me came in from Victoria. It was VERY fun.

The parade was a blast! The small kids especially loved us. As did the big kids - especially the "big kids" with the Canadian Military - CF members got a major kick out of us visiting their display area afterwards. (For this TIE pilot, sitting in the cockpit of a former "Snowbirds" jet was a rather fun treat).

[IMG]

My Fiance went up with me and went wild playing shutterbug. You can see her pictures at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/seattlejo/RL501PNE2007

Patrick "PatGund" McKinnion
  2. me-gonk Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulations on your engagement!!
    Found myself looking at a lot of the other pictures there. A knitter :) Is that her stash or does she work in a yarn shop?
    Looks like a great time in Canada as well.
    Glad to hear your doing so well :)
  3. GreyJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats, Pat. Sounds like you're having quite an adventure in the Pacific Northwest. :)

I love British Columbia; it's such a beautiful area.
  4. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    congrats on getting engaged, patrick!
  5. PatGund Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yep, knitter. :)

Outer Rim asked her when she was getting into armor or costume, and she laughed and said "there's no real SW outfits for short fat women" (Laugh)

- Patrick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.