main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Captain Rex thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess that works. I was looking for an individual that fit DBB's old IGN interview as the clone that muddied the water genetically speaking with Rex at the heart of this tragic change. But I agree that there is no one clone. I don't really see Dogma as having been a villain in the arc. In many ways Dogma is one of the most tragic characters we've encountered in TCW (Not counting obvious ones in the Saga). Interesting point about the parallels between Rex at the start of "The Deserter" and Dogma across this arc. Really the old interview is much more chilling now that I've read it again after seeing Umbara.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1192630p1.html

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Perhaps, but feels like they invented this only now after 3 seasons- not good storytelling- Plo was lacking from many season1 and 2 episodes and wolfies had VERY little role....now they suddenly are SO important:rolleyes:....

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think that's bad storytelling. The first 3 seasons introduced the main players in TCW and over the next three seasons (starting with this one) it time to ramp up the supporting characters like Wolffe, Fives, Plo, and Lux to start moving the over arching plots toward a conclusion we now know is being discussed.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well.....At least one thing sucks- we never saw how Wolffe lost his eye:_| - also it bothers me that they never appeared in large role before Mercy Mission- yet their model was updated again and again[face_tired] while we only see them on background- waste of resources really to use time and energy so:rolleyes: .

I still don't see that they necessarily meet Ahsoka in order66 but that theory is possible of course.... now more probable, if they start to pop up in every second arc or so....

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It was that Dark Horse Comic wasn't it - "In Service to the Republic"? You might already know this and just mean "not shown in the series" but it was Ventress - first Anakin, now Wolffe, she likes to cause people scars doesn't she?

6. sacharias

sacharias Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2011
    We still have a few days left before TCW picks up again, so I wanted to bring up something from the Umbara arc that I haven't seen discussed much:

Is that foreshadowing? I have a hard time believing that line was put in without thought towards the future of the clone army, though arguably since Rex knows nothing of the future it could just be a speculation on his part.

To me, that line is further evidence for Rex's desertion/disobeidence of Order 66. In-universe, Rex is completely in the dark on that subject, but I think the line was meant to foreshadow the situation for the clones after Sidious ascendency.

If I'm right, then this could be tying into the question Dave Filoni posed in the "Hidden Enemy" commentary; what happens to a clone who disobeys Order 66? What sort of fate awaits that brand of heroism?

The answer may be a bit obvious, but I'm starting to wonder if this might not be the last clone execution scene we see in TCW. As much as I prefer to see our clone heroes go out with a fight, it might be that instead we see someone like Rex or Fives brought to "justice" for the crime of assistiing a Jedi in the aftermath of Order 66.

Just a thought that struck me recently. What do you guys think?

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its coming. Saw a commercial for TCW on Travel Channel, lol.

There is commentary about what happens to a clone that disobeys order 66? lol, I really need to check that stuff on the blu-ray. Commentary on that from Dave Filoni provided they've always had some kinda game plan is heavy stuff that raises my hopes this show will end overlapping with ROTS.

That scene with that line can definitely be heavy foreshadowing. It'll likely be clones executing any clone that didn't follow order 66. Just the way Krell ordered the clones to do it themselves. He was kinda a allegory for Palpatine wasn't he? It could definitely be that after helping Ahsoka or whomever escape Rex and Fives will be tragically executed for the crime of allowing them to escape. I can see where they could still go out with a fight or atleast a fight before being captured.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I've heard-
    It sucks they had that Anakin's scar in TCW-film- it shouldn't have been there yet and they could have retconned how he received it. same with Cody who has all same scars in TCW and ROTS- it would've been wonderful way to connect TCW to films to explain how he received those scars.... and they didn't do it:( ....

9. sacharias

Jul 12, 2011
    I almost wonder if Fives will end up executed. He's the last of the Dominoes to fall. Maybe he goes down hard in a fight to let Rex and Ahsoka escape, and is brought before Vader. Fives apparently has strong relationship with Anakin, and it could be a powerful moment if Fives "sticks it" to Vader before his execution. It would be a poignant scene, to see a fallen Jedi contrasted with a simple clone who managed to rise above the tragedy. Just another thought.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have to admit the thing with Anakin's scar is bothersome. Particularly with Anakin. I often feel like the Genndy Clone Wars and TCW just don't sync up so a different origin for Anakin's scar would of been good. I know nothing about Cody's backstory or how he got his scars. With him I can well enough assume they occured off screen, they look like old lacerations to me. Anything could have caused that.

Cool idea with Fives getting executed by Vader.
    That does fit in with the way the show has shown us time and time again Clones tend to try and capture instead of kill opponents like traitors so that their superiors can deal with them. Both being executed would be hardcore. Fives does seem to have a good relationship with Anakin even if most of it has apparently been built off screen. It still facinates me that Fives defended Anakin while Rex tossed him under the bus. Wonder what that could be forshadowing. Really there are alot of different things being foreshadowed with Rex including simple desertion for Rex. Cut already believed like some sort of prophet what Rex is just starting to question. So many questions and possibilities its just fun.

11. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I have always wondered of Cody's scars.. they are so strangely etched into his skin..

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It could be some weird scar tatoo. But I've always assumed Cody either went threw some thick brutally jagged glass shards or something partially tore his face off around the eye and that is how he was stitched back together. Clones probably don't get much plastic surgery. Maybe it could even be Cody lost a chunk of his face and it was grafted back on. A rather sick thought occurs to me about skin grafts, blood transfusions, and organ transplanets from clone to clone, perhaps from bodies. One would never have to worry about their bodies attacking donated tissue. I've always wondered what happens to clones who are injured beyond repair but not fatally and who aren't captured. Would they be euthanized? My crazy buddy, the one who thinks TCW is going to redeem Cody likes to argue Cut was not talking about seperatists or droids going threw and killing off the wounded from the crashed gunship but that someone on the republic side like a medic or even a Jedi was going around euthanizing them like animal control. I don't think so but its a hell of a thought.

13. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Oh so many clone icons up! Nomnomnom :p

Looking forward to a preview for "Escape from Kadavo" tomorrow!

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm gonna hold on to my Pre Vizsla for a while. Yeah, I'm excited for the preview and to rerecord Carnage.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Damnit. Rex didn't even get a relationship card for "Escape from Kadavo". He's in an epic screen cap in the slide show though. The preview stuff for that episode is up on starwars.com

16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    That must be the scene he breaks some jaws in..

17. sacharias

Jul 12, 2011
    We know he gets a fight scene from the old trailer, as well. Although I'm disappointed I'm not too surprised - this episode seems to be focused on Anakin, with maybe a secondary role for Ahsoka.

I'm not giving up hope for a small nod, even a single line, to Rex's character development, but I'm not holding my breath. We'll probably be waiting till next season for more from Rex.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah its over til next season. This is a missed opportunity with Rexster I hope the fight scene isn't a glossed over 5 seconds.

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I wouldn't say that but you guys are probably right.

Damn Season 1 and Season 2 were so great at having the characters and episodes stretched out. Now it's like we get one arc focused on certain characters with them being secondary characters in other arcs.

I miss Aayla, Luminara, Ki-Adi Mundi and Mace Windu.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex isn't even a secondary in the current arc. I know its silly to complain after Rex starred in the most epic four episodes of the show. But its just such a missed opportunity. I can't help pouting LOL.

21. sacharias

Jul 12, 2011
    That's the bigger issue for me - the entire series would work better if the arcs were better tied together. It's not like there aren't continuous threads and plotlines - there are, and they're very evident. But they don't intersect as often as they could, and that creates a disjointed feel to the whole show. In my opinion, the "clone individuality" thread can be traced from Umbara straight back to Season 1. But it's not always easy to see it that way, because it's so broken up between arcs/episodes.

I think that we'll see more intersecting in S5. As they get closer to the end they basically have to do that, if they plan to bring these separate storylines together. And right now, I really think that's what they're going to do. Time will tell.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly, although it seems clear the characters are changing over time. I have to wonder sometimes if the overall continuity I'm seeing isn't just fandom connecting the dots. Episodes of TCW rarely ever call back to previous ones. Look at the Umbaran arc. There is not one direct callback to Echo, no call back to Hevy, no direct callback to "The Hidden Enemy" or "The Deserter". Sometimes that gets on my nerves. I am hopeful its not just in my head and the strings are coming together.

23. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    This doesn't have to do anything about Rex.. but this is really a clone thread it seems..

[image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/365/b/9/tup_meet_tup_by_ghost141-d4ktuin.jpg]

xD

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yep.

You could always resurrect the clone conundrum thread. the more the merrier.

25. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    To be quite honest it's the clones that keeps me with Clone Wars.. they intrigue me x3

If I can find it.. pages and pages.. and that search bar doesn't work for me..