main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Captain's Handmaiden (Typho/Cordé - Angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    The Challenge: I dare you to write an angst vignette involving a non-canon pairing that you've never written before. Such as the Forbidden Love of Palpatine and Boss Nass' Daughter.
    Title: The Captain?s Handmaiden
    Author: Kidan
    Genre: Mush
    Notes: Usual Disclaimers. This is my first attempt at both Angst, and these two-characters. As well, this challenge is for my thousandth post. Yay me!

The Captain?s Handmaiden

I look down at her frail broken form, and can feel the anguish well up within me. I can see my Queen, my Senator, kneeling beside her, and feel my anguish mirrored in the words that she whispers to the broken body of my love.

I can hear her call my love?s name as she hugs the now dead body close to her; the tears she is crying are the same as the ones I want to be crying. The body she holds the one I want to hold. But I have my duty. My beloved would want me to carry it out, just as she carried out hers.

For a second, I just watch Padmé cry over Cordé, and let my mind wonder as I remembered our last night together on Naboo. That happy dinner we shared, where we both imbibed a little too much wine with the kommerkan steak. I can still remember the taste of the sweet fruit she had for desert, the taste that still lingered on her lips as I kissed her.

Shaking my head slightly, I bring my focus back to the present, back to the burned and bloodied body of my beloved.

I lightly lay my hand on the Senator?s shoulder. I keep tight control over my emotions, trying to project a sense of urgency into my voice as I say, ?M?Lady, you are still in danger!?

My voice, my words, sound so harsh and cold to my ears, I want to wail with grief and scream my anger at the stars and fate, yet I know to do so would be to betray my duty.

I hear the Senator?s voice, it sounds so much like my beloved?s. ?I shouldn?t have come back.?

I can feel the pain and sorrow well up within my broken and battered heart. I cannot believe the selfishness of the girl in front of me. After all, there in front of her lies the girl I desired to spend my life with, bloodied and broken, dieing in service to this child-senator, whose final words were not declarations of love for me, but were voicing her sorrow and perceived failure of keeping the Senator alive.

Once more I just want to weep and hold my beloved, but I stand firm in my duty. I look into Padmé?s eyes, but all I see are the eyes which stared so lovingly at me just a fortnight ago. Cordé?s eyes.

Once more I clamp down on my grief and sorrow. I substitute my pain with my duty. ?This vote is very important.?

I pray that it is. Yet part of me tells me that Cordé sacrificed her life for nothing. That we came all this way, that I lost so much in that fiery explosion, and it will all be for naught. I can feel my sorrow and pain once more threaten to overwhelm me, once more threaten to reduce me to a crying, sobbing mess here on this burning platform.

So I once more push my pain and anguish beneath my duty. ?You did your duty Senator, and Cordé did hers. Now come.?

Just saying her name aloud nearly broke me. Part of me wants to slap this child senator, who stands here trying her best to make the sacrifice of my beloved pointless and for naught.

I grab her shoulder, intent on removing her physically from the platform. Yet she is surprisingly stubborn and twists from my grasp. She stares down at my beloved, as if she alone can understand the deep wrenching feelings of loss and pain that Cordé?s death cause.

I am reduced to begging for this child to not make Cordé?s sacrifice in vain.?Senator Amidala! Please!?

Finally Padmé looks at me. In her eyes, I can see the stubbornness that was the hallmark of her career as queen. The defiant tilt of the chin I can see that firm belief that everything she does is right and just.

My earlier desire to slap her is multiplied. She has no true knowledge of pain and suffering such as I am going through as the body of my beloved cools at our feet. She cares nothing for the sac

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    A step of mourning is anger: Poor Typho, so angry at Padme.

For a first try at angst you did a great job. =D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

This was very well written, I could just feel Typho's anguish.

Great job on the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

I lightly lay my hand on the Senator?s shoulder. I keep tight control over my emotions, trying to project a sense of urgency into my voice as I say, ?M?Lady, you are still in danger!?

My voice, my words, sound so harsh and cold to my ears, I want to wail with grief and scream my anger at the stars and fate, yet I know to do so would be to betray my duty.

Very well done, Kidan! =D=

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was so sad! Kidan, that was very angsty. Sad part is I think you gave more characterization to those two than the entire EU.

Loved how POed he was with Amidala, too. Wait until episode three...

6. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Wow! Kidan, I am thoroughly impressed. This was such an amazing and heartwrenching story. You expertly mixed angst and mush into a conglomeration of emotional ups and downs that tear at the heartstrings without mercy. Simply amazing!

Cheers,
    Wyo

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    That was great and made so much sense in the context of those lines. Now I'm not going to think of that scene the same way.

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    So much anger in Typho... yet if I had been in Typho's position, I don't think I would have hesitated to pick up Corde and leave without Padme. I would have been furious too. What a great way to give context to Typho's statements. Beautiful job! =D=

9. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Noelie
    A step of mourning is anger: Poor Typho, so angry at Padme.
    This is true, and aye, he's somewhat peeved at Padme...:p

For a first try at angst you did a great job. =D=
    Thanks!

KELIA
    ":_| :_| :_| :_| "
    :D

This was very well written, I could just feel Typho's anguish.

Great job on the challenge

Thanks!

Layren
    Very well done, Kidan! =D=
    Thanks!

RK_Striker_JK_5
    Oh, that was so sad! Kidan, that was very angsty. Sad part is I think you gave more characterization to those two than the entire EU.
    Thanks! Those two needed the characterization...

Loved how POed he was with Amidala, too. Wait until episode three...
    LOL aye, he was quite upset with lil miss Padme...

WyoJedi
    Wow! Kidan, I am thoroughly impressed. This was such an amazing and heartwrenching story. You expertly mixed angst and mush into a conglomeration of emotional ups and downs that tear at the heartstrings without mercy. Simply amazing!
    Thanks! I try :p

DarthIshtar
    That was great and made so much sense in the context of those lines. Now I'm not going to think of that scene the same way.
    Thanks! That's high praise indeed :D, especially since this is all your fault :p

Luna_Nightshade
    So much anger in Typho... yet if I had been in Typho's position, I don't think I would have hesitated to pick up Corde and leave without Padme. I would have been furious too. What a great way to give context to Typho's statements. Beautiful job! =D=
    Yup, lots of anger, and I have to say, if it were me, I would have probably ignored padme and let her just stand there and got shot as I cried over corde...:D

Glad you liked it an thanks!

10. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Hello. You're stalker checking in.

First off congratulations on your 1000th post. Next, when have you not done angst? :confused:

Oh, maybe those other times I was sad, it wasn't your intent. Ok. I get it now.:p

Anyway, I love your work. You are truly a talent. I'm beginning to get repetitious with that aren't I?

I like that you gave a relationship to two people we never really hear of. And I agree that it was great to have Typho ticked off at Padme, for not realizing the greater loss here.

Whoever issued that challenge, thank them for me. Because of them, I got to read this.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dangit! I have a new crackship now!

BEAUTIFULLY done! :_| :_| Poor Typho... *huggles him*

Wonderful job!

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa, you just jumped right into the angst and pulled me right along with you. That was lovely, in a tragic and haunting way. Bravo! =D=

13. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Lola64
    Hello. You're stalker checking in.
    oh good, i was wondering where u were at...

First off congratulations on your 1000th post. Next, when have you not done angst? :confused:
    Well I wasn't going specifically for ANGST...

Oh, maybe those other times I was sad, it wasn't your intent. Ok. I get it now.:p
    ok, ok, I can admit it, I thought I was writing humour...[face_laugh]

Anyway, I love your work. You are truly a talent. I'm beginning to get repetitious with that aren't I?
    Thanks! and repetition is good..:p

I like that you gave a relationship to two people we never really hear of. And I agree that it was great to have Typho ticked off at Padme, for not realizing the greater loss here.
    All part of the challenge..

Whoever issued that challenge, thank them for me. Because of them, I got to read this.
    Will do

Miana Kenobi
    Dangit! I have a new crackship now!
    Yippie! [face_dancing]

BEAUTIFULLY done! :_| :_| Poor Typho... *huggles him*

Wonderful job!

Thanks!

Healer_Leona
    Whoa, you just jumped right into the angst and pulled me right along with you. That was lovely, in a tragic and haunting way. Bravo! =D=
    Well that was part of the challenge :D Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

14. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    That was really good Kidan. And I have to agree, I'll never watch that scene in the same way again. You did a good job with the two characters. And a good job with the angst.

Happy 1,000 post (Sorry it's a little late.)

Good job with the fic.

jacky

15. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    jackyyy17
    That was really good Kidan. And I have to agree, I'll never watch that scene in the same way again. You did a good job with the two characters. And a good job with the angst.

Happy 1,000 post (Sorry it's a little late.)

Good job with the fic.

Thanks Jacky! :D

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    All my fault? :) I think i'm flattered. ;)

17. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    DarthIshtar
    All my fault? :) I think i'm flattered. ;)
    Yup, all your fault, and you should be :D

18. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh, nice! So heartfelt, the unspoken romance! I love Typho's anger toward Amidala... such tragic love!

19. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Thanks! an thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.