main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cathouse on Saturday

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Stoney-Wan-Kenobi, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney-Wan-Kenobi

Stoney-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2002
    Calling MrDankDonk...

What time are the Meanies playing at? And how much will it cost us mere mortals to get in? And is it even at the Cathouse? (where's my phone gone with your text?) I shall try to be there (and see if I can drag some folk along with me) - last weekend of the uni holidays so I might as well make the most of it :D

2. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    dear god.

:p

3. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    ha !
    well, the sketch is that the cathouse have invited us to do their "all-ager" saturday evening...

in practice, this is the club where all Glasgow's 14 to 18-year-old teenie-goth-punks go to show off their latest piercings/t-shirts/novelty haircuts.

entry is open to older people Ñ but the crowd will be predominantly (pre-legal drinking age) adolescents.
    nae drinks without I.D

so its doors 6pm, band 8pm, tickets £5.

and I'll be the old fool playing noisy geetar for people 20 years my junior [face_blush]

4. Stoney-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 5, 2002
    Eek! The unders always look dead scary! They were giving me menacing stares outside Fopp a few weeks ago... :_|

Oh well, at least I'll be able to say I know the band if they give me funny looks. And I might just have some beer to annoy the 16 yr olds getting knocked back at the bar despite me looking younger than them :p

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I guess I never realized that there was an age limit on drinking over there. Good for me I surpassed any drinking age limit years ago ;)

Sounds like a good time. You guys enjoy. Let me hope I can get a chance to see the 'Meanies while I'm over there....whenever that shall be *shrugs*

6. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    for the last four years, I have rarely been confident that the meanies would even last another month, but somehow, we are still doing our thang....

that's despite inter-group shagging, nervous breakdowns, immigrations, imprisonments and inappropriate personal habits.

we'll either still be going in 20 years time, or I'll have lost my head and gone into a rehearsal with a machine gun to erase the monster I created.

[face_laugh]

don't worry Shara - I'm always free for private performances [face_devil]

7. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *chuckles* I bet you do, Gordy. ;)

8. Stoney-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 5, 2002
    that's despite inter-group shagging, nervous breakdowns, immigrations, imprisonments and inappropriate personal habits.

And that's just Gordy... :p

9. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    I resemble that implication......

no no no, I don't actually. I'm the responsible one that looks after the rest of them.
    The closest comparison I could make to my role would be that of a primary school teacher Ñ using a subtle mixture of threats and treats, I get a rabble of attention-deficit weans to perform simple tasks AND use the toilets properly.

10. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    so how was the gig?

11. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    mental...

kids who are too young to drink alcohol consume lots and lots of sugar instead.

imagine 400 14-year-olds, all on their 5th can of Irn Bru, all wearing black t-shirts. It was like a scene from 'Gremlins'.

12. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    [face_laugh]
    That good huh?

13. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    Gig Announcement :

The Amphetameanies
    at Nice and Sleazy
    Sauchiehall St