main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Cave: A "Battle Monster" genre RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SephyCloneNo15, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    The Cave

"Have you seen what Lev found?"

"No, what is it?"

"You gotta see it to believe it! Come on!"

You keep asking, but these words are the last you hear from your fellow youth as he runs off, hoping you're following him but really not concerned. You follow him, despite the lack of an explanation. Before long, you're on the brinks of a crowd of youths. Lev is obviously in the middle of the crowd, showing off whatever it is that he found. You push forward, hearing the ooh's and ah's of your fellow children, wondering what the big deal is, when finally, you reach the eye of the storm.

Your friend, Lev is standing in the middle of the crowd, along with a red lizard standing on its hind legs, smoke billowing out of its nostrils with every breath. Its eyes glimmer with curiosity and intelligence, also a bit of embarassment at being a public spectacle. The crowd is now rife with questions, all of which Lev dutifully answers.

"Where did you get him?"

"I was exploring the woods, and I found a cave. There were a bunch of charred sticks on the ground and a charcoal drawing of a dragon and it said 'magic'. I was thinking about that for a while, and I thought maybe it meant I could draw a dragon and the magic would give me one, and this morning my Pet dragon was waiting for me."

"What's his name? It is a he right?"

"He's Draco."

"Can we get Pet dragons too?"

"I bet you can get Pet anythings if you go draw 'em in the cave. Come on, I'll show you where it is."

Over the next few days, the kids drew their pets and collected their eggs. Before long, most of the kids in the small village had fantastic pets. They were shows of status for some, making sure theirs were the cutest, tools for others, helping them to cut wood or light fires, and still others used them as weapons to fight each other's pets to settle arguements. Before long, the children with these pets began to realize their was some greater calling, some reason that their little village had a magic cave, some great deed they must accomplish with their pets.

-----------------
    Elsewhere

The mighty dragon awoke and sniffed at the air.

"I've felt it too, girl," the dragon's master said. "Others have discovered our cave."

The creature did not need to speak, it's eyes told her master the entire story. "We'll just have to make sure they don't try to take what's ours." He smiled they type of smile that can only indicate a nefarious idea, "Some of your brothers may even join us."

Welcome to [b]The Cave[/b]. In this RP, you play an innocent young child from a secluded medieval fantasy village. You have been granted the power to create a Pet, a creature with awesome power to help you overcome the trials the world will throw at you. These pets are loosely based on [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number]Pokemon[/link], [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Digimon]Digimon[/link], and [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Rancher_monsters]Monster Rancher[/link]'s monsters. You will create the Pet by going to the magic cave and drawing it on the wall in charcoal, and the next day, you find an egg.

Pets all have some combat abilities, whether it's breathing fire, potent martial arts, shooting lightning, anything. Limit your pet to one special (read: projectile) attack element (ice, lightning, fire, water, etc.), and whatever melee attacks (claws, jaws, tails, weapons, etc.) it could realistically muster.

Pets are also very intelligent. Most can speak, although if you so choose, yours could potentially not speak, either by choice or design.
    [hr]
    Rules:
    1. Obey TOS. You all know how this one goes, no swearing, explicit sex, gratuitous violence or any of that jazz.
    2. [color=firebrick][b]All Character Sheets must be PMed to the GM, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/pm_send.asp?usr=1176377]SephyCloneNo15[/link].[/b][/color]
    3. You are allowed one (1) child with one (1) pet. If, however, you have a driving urge to play as som

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    APPROVED

(child)
    Name: Harry
    Appearance:
    *Build: Slim
    *Eyes: blue
    *Hair color and style: Long, wavy brown hair
    *Distinguishing features: tall, quiet
    Bio: A boy who wants nothing more but someone to confife in, Harry got his wish immediately after the child Lev. His life, until then had been marked by little of import.
    Personality: Quiet, understanding, but very critical. Very empathic, and good at reaidng people. Seeks understanding, and enjoys heavy rainfall. Dislikes spiders, bugs and insects.

(Pet)
    Name: Feanil (Fay-ah-nil)
    Appearance: http://earth.leeds.ac.uk/ebi/images/gallery/gallery1-general/plecotus.jpg
    Approx. as large as Harry (when roosting) and more feral-looking. Dark fur. Harry is able to
    Special attack: Piercing cry that stuns opponents
    Melee attacks: Claws, jaws
    Personality: Seeks only to help, comfort, and defend Harry, and wishes to help him overcome his introvertedness. Likes flight, and the rain (like Harry), dislikes static activity (staying still)

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM Approved

Name: Alissa
    Appearance:
    *Build: Thin
    *Eyes: Blue
    *Hair color and style: Brown and Long
    *Distinguishing features: Long Necklace with a large cross medallion on it.
    Bio: Alissa was born in the village of Twait, to the village Blacksmith. She had as normal a childhood as any who grew up in the town, but was ultimately very unhappy with her life there. She craved excitement, adventure, to go out and see the world. So at age 15, she and her pet from the magic cave, Snipe, left the village and went off into the local countryside. Life hit her hard, and she had to do whatever she could to survive. Alissa and Snipe now find themselves in the service of the powerful Emperor Serreno, as he was impressed with the duo's abilities.
    Personality: Alissa is an adventurous, wild girl that very much so is a typical teen. Confident in herself, but all to aware at the harshness of the world, she seeks stability, leadership, and purpose. The girl loves to have fun though, and can be temperamental and arrogant on occasion.

(Pet)
    Name: Snipe
    Appearance: [image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/1/19/150px-Octillary.gif]
    Special attack: Ice / Fire / Water / Psychic Beams
    Melee attacks: NONE
    Personality: A simple, rather dull witted pet with a undying devotion to Alissa. Granted with the gift of being multi-elemental, the trait came at the cost of a weak and squishy body. Snipe has the ability to turn its head 360 degrees and has very good eyesight. It oftentimes uses its suction cups to anchor itself when it fires its beams.

4. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    GM Approved

Character Sheet

(child)
    Name: Evan
    Appearance:
    *Build: scrawny and wirey
    *Eyes: light blue
    *Hair color and style: short blond, messy
    *Distinguishing features: short, talkative
    Bio:
    Evan was born in the village of Twait. He was nat well liked by the other children due to the fact that he couldn't keep his mouth shut. he loved to talk to anyone who whould listen. He never had anyone who realy wanted to listen to him until on of the older kids at the village came home with a wild story about a cave and a reptile. Soon after hearing the story, Evan went and drew on the cave wall, just like Lev had done. The next day he had a new friend

Personality: Talkative, speaks his mind and doent think twice about it, Loves the wind and high places, Has a strong fear of small places. Wants everyone to like him and have their respect and praise. sometimes over eager to please.

(Pet)
    Name: Rion (Ree-on)
    Appearance: http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/2867/griffin2oa1.jpg
    A little larger that Evan (Evan can fly rideing on him). Tan fur and off-white feathers. Brown eyes.
    Special attack: creating whirlwinds
    Melee attacks: claws and beak
    Personality: Quiet, good listener, brave, Loves the air, hates small areas and underground.

5. FaithInTheDarkSide

FaithInTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2006
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet

(child)
    Name: Jay
    Appearance:
    *Build: chubby
    *Eyes: brown
    *Hair color and style: blond, short, tidy
    *Distinguishing features: shy, wore out-of-date clothings
    Bio:
    Jay was known as a nerd in the village. He was always bullied by the other children. One day, he was hiding behind a house when Lev showed his new pet to other children. Jay thought that it might be a good idea to get a monster pet, so he would never be bullied again. At the night, he sneaked out from the house and wentto the cave. It looked like the story was true; Jay got his new pet. But he didn't know what fate lied in front of him...

Personality: Shy and quiet. Because he had no friend, he prefered to talk to himself. He was absolutely the tactical type, the one who prefered brain over brawn.

(Pet)
    Name: Fangrir
    Appearance: [image=http://digimon.foreverhq.com/guide/gabumon/garurumon.jpg]
    His height was about 1 metre.
    Special attack: spits a wave of ice
    Melee attacks: claws and fang
    Personality: His personality was the opposite of Jay's. He was the fighter type: brave, strong, agile, and liked fighting very much.

6. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    (child)
    Name: Dawn
    Appearance:
    *Build: Small and slender
    *Eyes: Bright blue
    *Hair color and style: Mid-back long, curly and raven black, usually neatly tied up with bangs pulled over the right side of her face.
    *Distinguishing features: Delicate, symbolic designs carefully painted with khol on the right side of her face (starting on the eye) and on her right forearm
    Bio: Born in Twait to a single mother (who died at childbirth) and raised by the village's healer (hence the symbols.); she's lead a calm, good life. Dawn has always been a nice, kind girl, but she never really had any friends, seeing as, while the other kids played and joked around, she stayed by her tutor, learing everything she was supposed to about healing. She always wanted someone to keep her company, someone to always be there, someone she could play with, especially on the Healer's long travels, when he leaves off to the gods know where for weeks, even months sometimes, leaving his young apprentice with someone to care for her while he was gone. She had been gathering some plants when Lev came back with his new pet; she came close and admired the creature with eyes full of curiousity. She came back some time later followed by her own pet.
    Personality: Quiet, calm, smiles a lot, gentle. She's patient and caring, doesn't get angry too easily; it's hard to ear her trust and ever harder to lose it. She tends to be protective, and can't handle fear well (at least not her own).

(Pet)
    Name: Dai
    Appearance:[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/lordmerlin/ETC/Fox.jpg] About the size of a big dog.
    Special attack: Fire powers (indigo blue fire) Can communicate what she wants through telekinesis (that's about it for her with this power)
    Melee attacks: Very sharp teeth..very, claws.
    Personality: Calm, quiet, protective, and extremly clever. She's gentle and patient, but she'll snap quite easy if she has a reason for it. She can't handle violence too good though, her instincts will kick in and she'll become just as agressive.

7. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006
    OOC: When is the RPG going to start?

8. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    -pout- Ionno but I can't wait

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Sephy's away until Sunday. And anyways, the wait isn't that long. Be patient.

10. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    00c: So? What's gunna happen with this?

11. FaithInTheDarkSide

Aug 30, 2006
    OOC: Patience, young monster tamer. Patience.

12. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    ooc: -slight bow- Yes Master

13. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: Believe me, you guys have been clawing at the back of my mind all week. Together with my prayers for a few more players, I've been working out the opening posts. By the end of this weekend, I hope to have started the game. Sorry about the wait.

And in the meantime, if you've got any friends who might be looking for a game to join, I'd love it if you'd reccommend this one.

14. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: Alright, I think I'm Ready to, as the kids say "Get this Party Started". Let's begin, shall we?

IC: Lev
    The Cave

Lev stared out at the crowd gathered before him, all the kids from the village, Pets or no, had come out almost as if instinctually. They had led a tiny exodus from Twait into the forest and were now waiting by the Cave, as if knowing something was about to happen.

After almost twenty minutes of awkward silence, an old man emerged from the forest. His arrival was unplanned, but not unwelcome. Smoke billowed from a nearby hut that the children couldn't believe they'd failed to observe.

"Good morning children," he said smiling, but then he noticed their Pets. "Oh..." He thought for a moment, "I suppose I'd best explain what it is you stumbled upon. Get comfortable," he grinned, "This story's older than time itself. Believe it or not, I'm even more ancient than I look."

The old man explained how long, long ago, powerful spirits -for this was before the time of Man- sailed an ephemeral sea on a lifeless rock that would eventually give rise to mankind. They traveled the mystic seas searching for a spot amidst the chaos where their ship would flourish and give birth to countless varieties of beautiful life, and when they found such a site, they anchored the world so it would not drift from the spot. The Cave was one of the Anchors -a site of immense power-, and the old man was the Anchor's Guardian. Scattered throughout the world -although in a pattern that made perfect sense to the spirits- were six other Anchors. If someone were to gain control of the Anchors, he would hold the livlihood of the world in his hands. He would have the power to sail the spiritual seas and shape the world to his own designs, and no one could stop such a creature.

The old man then went on to explain how many years ago, a young artist named Niles had innocently awoken the power of the Anchor. Niles had used the power of the Anchor to make himself emperor over all the land, and now, no doubt, sought the Anchors so that he might become a god.

"If Niles is allowed to usurp the other Anchors, life as we know it will cease to exist as we drift throughout the cosmic ocean searching for a new port. You all are the only ones who can stand in Niles' way." He ran back into his hut and returned with a small pouch. He reached inside and produced a small polished pebble with some ancient magical -they were ancient, so they had to be magical- markings etched into it. He handed the pouch to Lev, "These stones are the key to the Anchors. The Anchor can only be weighed if all its pieces are together. You must gather shards from each Anchor so Niles cannot do anything dastardly without first taking your pieces. The pieces of Anchor will also give you a bit of power. The downside, though, is this: As long as you carry the pieces, anyone who knows how to look for them, can find you easily."

Lev handed the pieces out to the other kids with Pets, pocketing the few extra ones. "That way, Niles'll have to get all of us if he wants the pieces. What next?"

The ancient man brought out a map of the world, showing it only to Lev. He pointed out where Twait was, where Niles' palace was, and where the other Anchors were. Lev quickly ascertained which Anchor was closest.

"Alright, men," Lev said, imitating what he imagined a general might sound like, "We're heading to the Anchor at Lake Asraín. It'll be a couple days walk, but it's the closest, and it's thattaway!" Lev pointed roughly northwest of Twait. He was all set to head out, but as he looked to the West, he saw the Sun fading. They would head out in the morning. "Gather your things," he ordered, "Tomorrow we head to the Anchor at Lake Asraín. I'll be camping here tonight. You're welcome to join me and get to know each other."

Tag: Peng, Nethrin, FaithInTheDarkSide, MoonlightsAngel

GM's ooc2: Imp, my parents need the computer, so I'll get you a Tag sometime tommorrow.

15. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Evan

Evan listened to the tale intently. It was strange for the young boy to stay quiet that long. When the old man had finished talking Lev handed out the pieces of Anchor. Evan safely pocketed his. He listened as the older boy spoke.

"Gather your things. Tomorrow we head to the Anchor at Lake Asraín. I'll be camping here tonight. You're welcome to join me and get to know each other.

Evan turned around to look at Rion, a big grin on his face.

"Did you here that?! We are going on an adventure! lets go and get our stuff. Come on!" he said as he ran in the direction of his house. Rion ran after him, silent, as was normal. As they ran, Evan talked non-stop about what was going to happen and how much fun it would be. He burst through the door of his house and ran up the wooden stairs and into his room. He picked a cloth bag off the floor and started to put clothes in it. He made sure to pack a blanket for Rion. After stuffing as muck stuff as he could in it he used the one stap on the bag and put it on. He took a simple brown cloak off a peg on the wall and put it on over the bag.

He ran back down the stairs and walked to his parents room. His mom was sitting on a simple wooden chair, crying. He walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"I've got to go now, mom. Don't worry about me, I have Rion with me." he said softly. His mother didn't say a word, just nodded and kept on crying. She knew that this would happen but hadden't thought that it would be this soon.

Evan slowly turned and walked out the front door of the house. Rion was waiting for him. evan took one last look at his home and walked back towards where Lev and the others had been. When he made it to where the others were it was getting dark. Evan sat down and Rion sat beside him. Rion knew that the first night away from home would be the hardest and that Evan would need his help. Rion looked at Evan, a knowing look on his face.

TAG: Anyone

16. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    Dawn listened at the old man, her stunning, bright blue eyes studied him intently, she brushed her bangs off her face as Lev spoke.

What are we going to do, Dawn? Dai's voice sounded on her head.

She adored her Pet's voice, soft, soothing...nearly motherly, or at least she thought so...she never did have a mother. There was the fact that no one called her Dawn. Never. She was the Healer's Daughter for every single person in the village, except for the Healer himself, who called her either Child or Girl. Dai didn't...and she loved her for it.

"We will head back" she said softly, closing her hand around her own pebble. Her white, flowing skirt made a soft sound as it danced in the slight breeze, as well as the wide sleeves from her blouse "Gather everything we need and meet with them at sunrise."

She bowed her head slightly at Lev and walked away. She came closer to the cabin with an oak tree engraved on the door, the Healer's symbol. Quietly she walked in her bare feet barely making a sound as she took off her black cloak and carefully set it upon a chair.

"I don't think I'll be seeing you soon, Girl" a rough voice spoke from the shadows cast by the fire. Dawn nodded as she headed straight for her medicine bag and her medicine trunk.

She opened the trunk and looked inside; it was perfectly ordered and nearly full. She started to pull out things: small packs of herbs, tree barks, flowers, wooden bottles with curing ointments, crystal and wooden bottles filled with different liquids and substances, dried plants, some more bottles filled with different coloured powders, bandages, bowls, needles made out of animal bones, thread, the list went on and on, untill the black bag was filled was stuffed to it's maximum. Then she brought out another bag, and carefully placed some summer clothes, as well as her thicker cloack, rabbit-fur gloves and a woven scarf, chords, another pair of shoes, and that was it. She contemplated her work.

"Is that all you're taking, Child?" asked her tutor, looking at the small bag and at the medicine bag as Dawn nodded "It is dangerous out there" he muttered looking through his stuff. He brought out a long, sharp silver dagger with a black hilt and matching scabbard, with the same kind of markings in silver that Dawn had in black on her right tigh, as well as a fine black whip.

"This are the only kinds of weapons a woman, and a healer at that can use, if she's to obey the ancient law"

"Yes..." she started slowly, looking at the weapons "But I'm not a healer yet"

He fastened a bracelet made out of fir arounf her left wrist along with a silver, plain chain around her neck.

"We will have the ceremony and I'll present you to the Council when you get back...if I'm still alive and you don't get yourself killed"

She smiled widely, taking off her chain and, using a soft leather piece to help her, she put the pebble as a pendant, replacing the chain around her neck.

"Now go, Child, and watch yourself" her tutor smiled and fastened the weapons around her waist, as well as her medicine bag and watched her take the bag containing her clothes. "Good luck, little one" he whispered, making a symbol on her forehead and handing her a crystal bottle filled with black khol and a small pencil "Don't forget your markings, Dawn"

Dawn's big blue eyes widened before misting with tears, for the first time in 15 years, he had actually used her name. He had acknowledged the fact that she wasn't simply his apprentice anymore. They hugged, maybe for the last time.

Dawn curtsied deeply before turning away ans walking out without another word, and crawled on Dai's back* before they started their way back to the camp.

----

*: Uh...I was wondering if I could add a last power to Dai: she can turn bigger in size, about a small mare's height...thought it might be handy (she can't turn any smaller than her dog's size tho.)

17. FaithInTheDarkSide

Aug 30, 2006
    IC: Jay

Jay gave full attention to the old man's story. It was more or less the same as another tales he had read in the library. When the story was finished, Lev gave each one of the children the pieces of Anchor. It was not like any piece of stone he had seen before. It was cold, but at the same time it also emitted some kind of warmth. Jay held it in his hand for a while then put it inside his pocket.

As soon as the sotry was finished, the older boy who looked like the leader of the group came forward and ordered:

"Gather your things.Tomorrow we head to the Anchor at Lake Asraín. I'll be camping here tonight. You're welcome to join me and get to know each other."

As he walked home, Jay started to feel hesitation. What if Niles-or whatever his name is- kill me? What if my piece of Anchor is stolen? No, I can't do this... A hoarse voice from behind said "Hey, why the hesitation, dude? Relax! Nothing will harm you as long as I'm here. I swear in the name of my fang." Surprised, Jay looked back and found no one else but Fangrir. So, that voice must be...

"Fangrir?! You can talk?"

"Yeah, basically most of the pets have the ability to talk. So, no more hesitation, okay?"

"Okay, I'll try."

After 15 minutes of walking, they reached Jay's house. There's no one there, his parents were still working at the ricefield. Jay went to his room and started packing. He took his favorite leather bag, and filled half of it with clothings. He then went to the kitchen and started stuffing some food, not forgetting some meat for Fangrir. "What else, what else..." He managed to see his father's precious bronze knife. He took it as part of his belongings, there's no way he could go fighting some evil forces weaponless. And lastly, he wrote a short letter to his parents: "Father, mother, I'm leaving in a journey and probably won't be able to come back in a while. Please try not to miss me, I'll be fine. Besides, I have a strong companion here, so don't worry about me. Oh, and I borrowed father's knife, it will come in handy."

Jay walked out the front door of the house. He said to Fangrir, "Okay, all set. Let's go to the camp."

TAG: Anyone

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Harry

Harry couldn't help thinking he was the oldest here. He glanced at Feanil - she returned the look, with her grin. To others, it would be akin more to snarl than a smile, but Harry knew her best.

Harry's pack was always with him, out of habit. And, luckily for him, he had come prepared. Camping was the only thing on his mind, and he considered it a happy coincedince that Lev was here too.

Feanil gazed at harry, knowing exactly what he was thinking of. It was very unlikely that he'd make the first move to get to know someone. That was where she came in. Feanil felt it was up to her to encourage and push him forwards.

So Harry had set up his camp just a few feet away from the main. Close to the fire, but not the closest.

And life would begin anew.

Tag: Any

19. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Dawn

She was almost asleep when they reached the camp, leaning on Dai's neck and clutching onto the soft, warm comfort of her Pet's snowy fur. Dawn had been up since before sunrise, gathering some curing herbs before starting her every day work: Washing, cleaning, cooking... and then came back here when Lev asked them to.

Dai's ruby eyes fixed upon Feanil as she walked by, just as Dawn closed her own bright eyes. She had never really spoken to the bat-like Pet, but she liked the looks of her. The snowy fox-like Pet greeted Feanil with a slight nod of her head as Dawn muttered something on her sleep.

Dawn she spoke softly on the girls mind Wake up, little one, we still have a cam to set.

Dawn's bright eyes fluttered open as she sat up on her pet's back. She met one of the boy's blue stare, all she knew about him was that he was older, and that his name was Harry. The young healer gave Harry a soft, war smile before Dai walked away and stopped. They were furthest from the fire, and it was kinda cold.

Ignoring shivering on her body, Dawn had, after a while, managed togather some wood and dried leaves. Dai gently blew upon them and a warm, indigo blue fire lit the girl's face. Dawn brought out a blanket and put it on the floor, lying on top of it tierdly.

Whatever happened to dinner, you little fool? asked Dai affectionately. Dawn shook her head.

"Not hungry" she muttered, yawning.

Well, I am...do you mind if...?

"Not at all..." she half-lied. Dai saw through her lie, but decided she wouldn't wander off too much and, turning back to her small size, sprang into the forest to be the death of some poor, uncautious little animal. Dawn nearly smiled, thinking of how weird it would seem to anyone else, seriously! It looked like she was talking to herself.

Dawn stared for some minutes at the blue fire, before raising her turquoise eyes and looking around her new companions. She couldn't help feeling a bit...terrified, still, her calm, expressionless face didn't show any trace of the sudden terror that clutched at her throat. She silently prayed for Dai to hurry up.

20. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Emperor Niles Serreno I
    Imperial Study

Niles sat down on a small stool in what most royalty would call a library. In Niles' Empire, such was not the case. All the volumes, save a few that Niles found enjoyable or useful, had been moved to a room in the palace's cellar. Gigantic canvases hung from the empty bookshelves, favorable depictions of Niles and Aridonia in varying stages of completion. Thumbnail drawings were strewn accross the floor.

Alissa entered the study, her Pet following her. Her arrival had heralded potential challenges to his throne. If one more person had discovered Twait's cave, how long before others did, and brought an army of Pets to the palace gate?

Furthermore, return to Twait was not an option for Niles. Alissa had come from Twait, meaning there would surely be resistance there. The only solution was to solidify his rule. He had been reading agent texts and found a way to ensure his continued reign. Alissa would no doubt prove useful in this crusade, but first he had to ensure that he could trust her.

Inviting her to his study, one of the rooms Aridonia could not fit into, was a subtle sign that he wanted her trust. She had so far not betrayed his trust, despite only being in the room for a few moments, which Niles nonetheless took as a good sign.

"So glad you could join me this evening, Alissa. I've got an urgent task for you.

"I was recently informed that the rebels of Durhesk, who have opposed me for almost the duration of my reign, have brutally forced Imperial soldiers out of their city. The few who survived fell back to Fort Sturghden, several miles east of Durhesk to join the garrison there. The troops there could certainly retake Durhesk on their own several times over, but I feel that a demonstration is in order.

"You will collect the garrison from Fort Sturghden and remind the Durhesk Rebels, the Boars of Durhesk they call themselves, that this Empire is not built on military might alone, but by a magic they cannot possibly comprehend or hope to overcome."

Niles handed his hopefully loyal servant a map, knowing that she had likely not ventured away from Twait in her short life, and certainly not as far north as Durhesk. The most direct route was drawn in red, three day's ride north along the Vidarle River would get her to Fort Sturghden, and from there, the soldiers would take her the day-long march to Durhesk along the Geatstain Road, a relatively safe pass through the mountains around Derhesk.

As the young girl left her Emperor's study, he called out a warning, "Alissa, it's cold in Durhesk. Dress warmly."

Tag: Imp

GM's OOC: Everyone else, I'll be leaving town Saturday morning and back home Sunday evening. Web access is iffy. Interact on your own with each other. Any questions about anything IC tag Lev, any other questions, PM 'em or ask 'em ooc. We'll be moving out towards the Anchor at Asraín when I get home from school on Monday most likely.

Imp, no rush. Take your time. I'll be NPCing the Soldiers and the Rebels, but because of your situation, I'll be giving you a lot of leeway since I figure you won't wanna have your Lord-knows how rare post just being you saying "hello"

21. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    GM APPROVED Thanks for letting me join up

(child)
    [image=http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/679/kurohukubh9.jpg]
    Name: Duyba (proun. Dyva or Dyba)
    Appearance:
    *Build: Slight, scrawny; one gets the impression he is sick.
    *Eyes: Pale brown
    *Hair color and style: Faded brown
    *Distinguishing features: His clothing, which completely covers him, revealing only a bit of his hair and face.
    Bio: Duyba comes from a distant and polluted city. He has never found much fellowship in Twait. He does, however, follow some of the other kids and teens around, though only because following is better than standing around. During one of these following sessions he saw one of the kids draw an image of a dragon and, to his astonishment an egg appeared the next day. Soon a lot of the children were drawing pictures of animal friends they wished to have. Dubya, not knowing much about animals, as not many lived in his home city, drew a picture of something else, something that resembled one of the large buildings of his town. It didn't really look like anything but a ball with arms. But, lo and behold, the next day an 'egg' appeared. It was an odd egg, being that it was heavy and felt as though it were metal. And though it was it soon sprouted arms and legs and eventually grew into the lumbering Catalo. Even with a pet, Duyba still follows the others around, off a distance but they never seem to mind.
    Personality: Withdrawn and quiet, though it is likely he is only repressing his feelings. He scurries off a lot when people see him, and prefers to sleep bunched up around Catalo's short metallic legs. He missed the speach of the elder but if the kids start off on an adventure, he would undoubtedly follow them.

(Pet)
    [image=http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1949/catalord8.jpg]
    Name: Catalo
    Special attack: Graviton Shield (shield that reflects all non-physical attacks)
    Melee attacks: Smash
    Personality: Catalo is a lumbering automaton like being. It's slow but extremely tough and strong. Doesn't eat food, but absorbs ions from the air. The only word it can speak is "cata," hence his name.

[b]Duyba[/b]
    [i]Somewhere near the Cave[/i]

Pale eyelids cracked open to reveal equally as pale eyes. They slowly revolved about their sockets, looking past the faded brown bangs that hung and hindered sight. As the eyes became livelier the rest of the body began to stir as well; gradually awakening from a rather long nap. The feeling of a great solid something against a curled back was a feeling of comfort. As the fresh air filled drawing nostrils and was exhaled back out of a smallish mouth, the great solid something also moved.

It's short legs extended, supporting the large mass of a metallic body. Catalo, as he was called by his human friend - the boy who had slept in his lap - rose and began to lumber about the small clearing they had settled in before resting. A small creek bent its way through the grasses, splitting a patch of clover and finally disappearing under several rocks strewn and covered in honeysuckle. Those pale eyes saw the sweet nectared plant and soon scuttled over to it with a single hop over the thin line of water.

It would harldy do for a snack, but the sugar would help the boy wake from his late afternoon nap. As he stood before the plant, sucking the sweetness from the flowers, a white fox-like creature leapt into the clearing and vansihed into the woods just as swiftly. Neither he nor his large metal companion noticed the animal, and they continued with their business - the boy eating nectar and Catalo shuffling about - none the wiser to its passing.

[b]Tag: Dai/MoonlightsAngel[/b]

22. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Dawn

She stood up, stretching; her flowing skirt made a soft ruffle sound as she did. Taking a wooden bottle, she walked into the forest, in search of water.

Still sleepy, and shivering with cold, the young healer knelt by the river and filled her bottle. She stood up and turned when she saw a boy and what looked like a giant ball of metal there.

Alone, her weapons back on the camp, and caught utterly off guard, Dawn's fear was evident on her delicate face as she stumbled back, triped on a rock and fell, luckily able to stop hyer fall with her hands.

D-d-Dai! she spoke into her Pet's mind, shivering all over DAI Get over here! Now! she urged as the boy turned to look at her

OOC: She's normally not this cowarly...happens to all sometimes tho

23. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Alissa

Alissa had entered the Imperial study, a young girl of 17 dressed in a long black, rather utilitarian dress. It was sleeveless, doing down to her knees. Something functional, but not boyish. She liked it very much, especially upon seeing the Emperor. Alissa, along with Snipe, had been working very hard over the past few weeks trying to catch the attention of this man, and this might just be the break she had been waiting for. She wouldn't spoil it by dressing sloppy.

The place where they met was positively radiant, full of dashing pictures of Emperor Serreno, heroic and daring. He and his dragon were legends about the good people here, and the tales of his deeds preceeded him. The two at long last met, the man escorting the girl into his study.

The Emperor, in all his majesty, then went about revealing his plan to her. She was going to suppress an insurrection? Oh my, what a lovely task that would be! The girl just got more excited as the task was revealed. Going over to a fort, commanding the men there, and forcefully taking the city, with her leading the charge! Never in a million years would the girl expect to be a commander! One that was in charge of many men, some twice or even thrice her age, and by far more strong. Her head swam in possibilities as the Emperor gave his last instructions, and reminded her to dress warmly.

Her daze left her just in time for her to fire off a crisp "I understand" and a slight salute. She grabbed Snipe and let him ride on her back as she half-walked, half-ran over to her room in the Imperial Palace to change and pack. The girl tossed all of her clothes into her bag, throwing on a furry jacket over her dress.

"This is it Snipe!" she said, setting her pet down. "We've finally hit the big time. We're going to be commanders, leading soldiers into battles and putting down enemies of the empire."

The Octopus was busy examining a small dagger the girl had thrown on her bed. He seemed a bit preoccupied.

"No more begging for scraps and washing dirty dishes Snipey, we're in the money now."

The Octopus didn't respond. Alissa looked and grabbed the dagger from the octopus. The thing murrrred and looked startled, wanting the shiney weapon back.

"Nooo, its not good for you darling. And after all, what would you use this dagger for anyway, huh?"

The creature frowned, then pulsed twice and let out what sounded like a sneeze. A small puff of smoke came out of its beak/barrel as it seemed very unimpressed.

"Come on you, you're going to have a lot of stuff to do very soon. If you do well, you might get all the fish you can eat!"

"Meer Meer!" the octopus chirped, the idea of his and rewards making it happy.

"Yeah, I knew you'd like that." the girl said. She grabbed the creature and stuck it on her back as she went off to the stables. Soon enough, she was on a horse and traveling to Fort Sturghden.

TAG: Sephy if you want it

24. SephysLittleHelper

SephysLittleHelper Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2006
    IC: Lev
    The Cave

Lev got up in the early morning. It was chilly, dewy, and misty, but next to Draco, he really was not too cold. What woke him up was that he had to 'use a tree'.

Once relieved, he scanned around for his fellow 'Pet-owners'. Unsurprisingly, plenty of kids without Pets had spent the night out here as well. Hoping to avoid the fanfare, and figuring Azraín would be a long walk, Lev decided to get his comrades up and head out as early as possible.

Carefully stepping over the sleeping forms of the other children, Lev picked out the ones with pets and shoke them awake, Draco doing the same to the Pets. Once he was pretty sure that everyone was awake, he asked them if they were ready to move out. "Ready to move out? Let's move out!"

And they were off in the general direction of Azraín that the elder had pointed them in. The kids and their Pets were chattering as they hiked. Lev noticed, but didn't note aloud, as he passed the threshold of 'farthest he'd ever gone outside of Twait'.

Tag: All

IC: Fort Sturghden Sentry[/b]
    [i]Fort Sturghden, Main Gate[/i]

The wind whistled around the blasted fort. For all that Emperor Serreno praised the men, the place was damn cold, and the weather did something to a man. Sturghden was an oasis in an otherwise inhospitable area of the North.

The River Vidarle passed extremely close to the Fort's walls, allowing supplies from home and fresh water to keep the soldiers alive, but everywhere within miles of the Fort was an inhospitable wasteland until you got closer to Durhesk and the mountains. Legend had it that the Sturgh Wastes hadn't seen a new flake of snow since the dawn of time, but just blew its old snow around endlessly, like frigid sand dunes. The Geatstain Road and Vidarle River served as the only viable routes out of Sturghden.

It was along the Vidarle River that the visitor came. Beyond the swirling snows, the sentry could see [i]someone[/i] riding towards Sturghden. Their last supply shipment had come with the Emperor's own response to their last report about Durhesk's fall. Emperor Serreno was 'sending someone'. This rider was likely that someone.

As the rider approached, the sentry could see that there was not just a bundled up person, but some sort of rotund little creature. "Hello," he called down to her, "We're not expecting anyone other than the Emperor's reinforcements. Is that you? I trust he sent you with a letter." [color=firebrick](he did. I just forgot to mention it in my last post.)[/color]

[b]Tag: Imp[/b]

25. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: I hate to say this, but it has to be said: This game is going agonizingly slow (if it can be considered going at all). I had very high hopes for this game, but if no one's gonna post, it's not much of an RPG now, is it?

If posting doesn't pick up by the end of the year, I think I'm going to have to have this locked so I can move on to (hopefully) bigger, brighter (more active) horizons.

You've been warned. If you don't want to see The Cave locked, then gimme an IC post by the start of January to prove it, if not, be on the lookout for other SephyClone Productions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.