main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Cave, and places that are strong with the Force

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Barth, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Let's not go to Dagobah, it is a silly place.

Iron_lord, Mystery Roach and Ryus like this.
  2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Could the priestess planet appear? It's definitely strong with The Force.

3. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Sorry sword was called the Mortis Dagger. I understand a luminious being transforming into a giant bat but maybe he only does that on Mortis. I can see the tattooed guy being Darth Kryat, that would be interesting and he could play the next Sith Master who takes over Kesh.

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    [Sarcasim]Oh special dagger, not sword. Yeah, that makes so much more sense and is very practical to battle lightsabers with. I can total get behind that plot line now... [/sarcasim]

But seriously... Who cares where he can and can't transform. Fact is all credit for his character was lost when he became a gaint fly bat and let's not resurrect the dead either without Pleagues... Best just to create a new celestial who's dark side or use Palpatines force ghost instead.

I'll avoid anything more about Kryat since he's EU and not a Lucas character beyond repeating the tattooed man was him not son in the FotJ Jedi book.

5. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014

Dagger was not used to battle someone with a lightsaber only used to kill the father, son, and daugther. I know it was weird to me too but I did enjoy "Crucible" and there is more to the Mortis story that can be expain in a way to tie in all that has happen since PT who knows.

6. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    especially considering that:

"In the end, the Emperor does exactly what Ben did; he can also transform himself. As Ben becomes the personification of the good side of the Force, the Emperor is the bad." - George Lucas

Ryus likes this.
  7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Fastback that actually was my point. None of them had one nor did any get access to one to defeat the dagger just so they could all die from it. It was plot induced studipity since the tool itself was that impractical to the universe which had 4 such weapons available the whole arc on Obiwan, Anakin, and Ahsoka.

8. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Anyway, I've always seen Palpatine and Yoda as personifications of the two sides of The Force. I'd love to see their ghosts in this role in the ST.

run_luke_run and Ryus like this.
  9. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    In a lot of ways, they are. I think that is especially what made the battle in the Senate Chamber so prolific. Yoda lived a life full of sacrifice and service, while Palpatine lived a life full of self-service and narcissism. Good vs. Evil in a wonderful metaphorical backdrop.

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    This is quite true, but I wonder since this is not the end of the story if we might go up the food chain again on both sides of the Force?

Ben/Yoda/Qui-Gon

Vader/Palpatine/???

StoneRiver likes this.
  11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What was the name of that planet anyway?

12. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't know, Immortiss. I think like everything else it depends on your perspective.

In some people's view, Darth Plagueis offers the next rung up the food chain with regards to the Sith. On the same token, you could argue that Luke, in some ways, is potentially a rung up the ladder all by himself with regards to the Jedi. His father was made by the Force, and I would presume his midi-count is higher than Yoda's, opening the door for endless potential. Not to mention the fact that he has been tasked with solely (unless you toss Leia into the argument) building a new Jedi Order all alone...what other Jedi can lay claim to that?

In the sum of all these threads, there has been so many intriguing ideas tossed around, it is truly difficult to see where this is going.

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    There doesn't seem to be a name.
    Plagueis does have potential as an "evil counterpart" to Yoda and/or Qui-Gon.

14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    fixed

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The force is much more than the very limited view of these very limited and fallible characters, imo.

Just like the Dark Side and the "Light Side" aren't really good and evil either but forces of nature.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Or as the DESB put it, "The Dark Side is a part of nature — it is not inherently evil, but evil comes from its irrationality, its intolerance and its lack of control."

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    It could actually make for a convenient progression if Luke or our new heroes decide to re-visit Jedi training sites from the past. You could re-open the now dusty and creepy Jedi temple (just like in an Indy movie, yay!) and then visit the dark side cave. Finally, we go to a new planet.

It's an OT planet and a PT planet, and the visual contrast couldn't be greater.

What makes me think we will see the dark side cave again is that when Yoda visits it, or one just like it, in the Clone Wars, you can see there are old stairs inside. I think the decision to show the dark side cave as a ruin means it is not "off-limits" like much that concerns Yoda.

BigAl6ft6 and purplerain like this.
  18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    You've made me very curious about what it originally was.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah the "dark side cave" is not a completely natural formation, there's doorways and stairs and signs of masonry all over it. It looks like it's an old ruin that was eventually reclaimed by the swamp.

20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe the cave was originally a torture chamber used by the Sith?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  21. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I don't think they go to Mortis or to Dathomir, and I don't really see a reason to return to Dagobah, unless Luke wants to put a Jedi-in-Training into the cave to face his destiny.

22. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002

I guess then the next question is will we be introduced to new places that are strong with the Force in Episode VII? I wouldn't exclude Dathomir just yet. Who knows? Maybe that place is the source of the new bad guy?

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder whether or not Tython exists in the Disney canon.

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    These days, the safe and sensible answer to questions like this is always "no."

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    They are going to edge of Mt. Korriban to throw Padme's Amulet in the Fire of the Sith, reuniting Padme and and Anakin in the Netherworld to end the curse of separation of the Mother of the Chosen One.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.