main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Cave, and places that are strong with the Force

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Barth, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    And to defeat the Dark Lord Darth Bane, the true bane of the Jedi and Skywalker line (pun intended), once and for all!

Seriously, TCW Bane does possess armor that reminds me heavily of Sauron! And Moraband = Mordor:

"One for the Sith'ari in his dark tomb
    In the world of Moraband where the Sith lie."

Sarge, Iron_lord and Immortiss like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    One does not simply hyperspace jump into Korriban.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not with a thousand Star Destroyers could you do this. It is folly!"

EHT and Sarge like this.
  4. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I see this as a good possibility since it's a subplot of the OT that was never really elaborated on or explained in detail,except in the EU but that's not canon. Thoughts or feelings?

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I wouldn't want it explained or used specifically, but I'd be interested to see the idea of places being able to be strong in the dark or light side of the force expanded on, in an interesting way.

Jcuk, Darth-Seldon and yggdrasil311 like this.
  6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well it is explained in The Clone Wars which is canon.

7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    The actual cave itself is explained, or the existence of areas that are strong in the force? I've not seen the clone wars as I just can't reconcile the animation style with taking place in the same universe as the films, but I am interested in what it says.

I'd love some good quality novelisations of The Clone Wars series, just so I could appreciate it properly

Sum-Wan likes this.
  8. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I see no need for it to be explained, revisited or reviewed. I say let it be introduced with Yoda and die with Yoda and remain a mystery.

Now, I agree with Dirty Harry above that their should be more places explored that have "dark side and light side" heavy force tendencies that should never be explained, and should remain mystical. I just think some things should remain "magical" and don't need to become "science" and have to have a formula. I like mystical and love that side of it, leave the audience thinking, especially children (and the kid in me).

I'm an old guy now....I know things now. I've seen "Accountant Looking" Boba Fett without his helmet on, but I'm still gonna picture him with his bad ass helmet on and try to phase "Get Your Taxes Done by April 15th" Boba Fett out of my memory and remember him being the most badass guy in the galaxy, not a General Ledger pencil pusher looking dude.

Sarge likes this.
  9. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well it isn't explained in any elaborate sense, but it was explained that it was a place for visions. The cave test was explained however... somewhat.

But I agree explaining what these 'nexuses' are would be interested.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You're losing your memory, Old Guy, if you forgot that Accountant Boba Fett was nothing more than a behind-the-scenes shot, not an explanation of how Boba actually looked (you saw that in Attack of the Clones, sorta, by seeing Jango without his helmet... not exactly your stereotypical CPA, that guy)

TCW both explained things and reintroduced the mystical... I need to watch the Lost Missions again, but they did show more of the cave. If I'm not mistaken, Rebels' "Path of the Jedi" episode this week (or last, for you internet/app-viewers) introduced/expanded the concept of other Jedi temples/outposts scattered around the galaxy, including on Lothal itself. Given the architecture within, it seemed like the Dagobah cave is actually such an outpost, or very similar... perhaps it was corrupted in ages past when the Sith were dominating the galaxy? I forget how much TCW went into it. In any case, it was explained well enough to not need to revisit specifically that location in the ST... but the idea, and other old outposts, could easily turn up and be used to good effect.

hartman89 likes this.
  11. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Revisiting that cave wouldn't really achieve anything other than destroying the mystery. It is possible to explain too many things in these sorts of fantasy stories. Some things should retain an air of mystery.

Sarge and Jcuk like this.
  12. Azzameen

Azzameen Jedi Master

Feb 24, 2014
    It was revisited in the original clone wars series. Min 4:29

13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    The Cave stuff has been fully explored and has no need to be brought up again. The Cave is simply a metaphor for facing the unknown. Everything that the cave represents thematically was wrapped up in ROTJ.

14. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    When I say "explained" I meant as in why it's a "domain of evil" and "strong in the dark side of the force" as Yoda put it in ESB. Has that been explained in canon yet?

15. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I don't think so. Old Jedi outpost, abandoned for whatever reason... perhaps many Padawans were lost there, and as they succumbed to the dark side and eventually died, that energy stayed there, saturating the outpost. Perhaps the Sith conquered it back when they ruled the galaxy, and used it as a staging ground for one thing or another.

16. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well if it is strong in the Force it is inherently strong in the dark side...

17. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    You need to watch the Clone Wars - Lost Missions episodes. It is canon. It explains how Yoda discovered Dagobah. And his experience in The Cave. Very cool episode.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    I did not even think it needed to be explained in The Clone Wars. I liked the fact it always remained mysterious up until that point. Not every detail needs to be explained in things, sometimes it is more fun to use your imagination. The episode with the cave was still good however

19. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    That's just speculation. One could just as easily say that it was a Sith temple where sacrifices were made.

20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Bingo. Some things should be left unexplained. However, if other places show up in the films which also have heavy Force concentrations, so be it but don't explain it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    What made me think of this thread to begin with was how the opening to the cave clearly has a frame of flat square stone around it,like the arched entrance to an artificial building or structure of some kind. Obviously it ain't just any ordinary cave!

22. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Or, is it all part of Luke's vision. Vader, the walls, etc. what's real and what's not? Is it another entrance to Mortis? There's lots of questions that could be explored without ruining the mystery.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  23. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    It could have been a temple at some time. A similarity exists in the novel Splinter of the Mind's Eye when Luke enters a temple on a misty planet searching for the Kaiburr crystal.

DarthSyverus likes this.
  24. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Oh you mean Circarpous V

25. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Exactly. Don't need an explanation for everything and I like thinking that the experience is catered to each individual, shaped to each person/being.... Like a good or bad high. You learn to ride with it and deal with it and take ownership of it because you chose the path.

It's like the blue pill or red pill in the Matrix. We know what happens in both instances, but we don't need another movie to see what happens or a novel to see what happens in Mr. Andersons life if he took the other pill.

I know likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.