main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The cave, but not...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Hood_wink, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hood_wink

Hood_wink Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2003
    I have a new observation about the cave. I know I know ! Enough about the cave.

But this is different. I've seen Empire more then enough times and never noticed this and now it's so obvious.Has this been discussed before?

When Luke confronts slow-motion Vader I've always watched them, but for some reason this time, I watched the background.

It's not a cave.! As the scene before vader enters and then the continuing 4 or 5 shots, check out the walls of the 'cave'. There are straight parallel edges. angled out from the top. It looks like it could of been an ancient ruin. They're in a hallway!

What is up with Dagobah?

2. Baron_von_Doom

Baron_von_Doom Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2004
    I believe it's all a part of the "vision".

-BvD

3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I Noticed that for the First Time As Well Last Night... This is Not A Part of the Vision in My Opinion...

Beneath the Overgrowth of Vegitation... Deep whithin the "Dark Cave"... There Are RUINS of Unknown Origin.... It Is Clearly Carved Stone or Metal, in A Pyramid Shaped Hallway that Nature Cannot Create.... It Is Not Organic in Any Way...

Nor is it A Mistake... Those Ruins Are An Intentional Part of the Original Set Design... It is too Blatant for it Not to be.

4. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I too noticed this for the first time...

Interesting...

I doubt they'll get into this in EpIII, but I would be interested to know what's up with that cave.

D_M_S_L

5. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    never noticed, always thought it was just trees around them.

lottdodd, why are you capitalizing every word, isn't that tedious for you?

6. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Bringing My Poetic Brand of Typing to the Jedi Council Forums is a Difficult Thing To Do.... It Requires Many Corrections, And a Quick Shift-Button-Pinky... But The Results Are Well Worth It....

7. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    good enough for me lott

i kinda wish there was more of an explanation of the cave...what makes it a "dominion of evil"?

8. Deimos_Skywalker

Deimos_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    The cave always freaked me out, it appears to be a ruin, an old force sensitive or force saturated area, perhaps the old republic training grounds or something?

9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Yoda explains the cave to Luke

Luke: What will I find?

Yoda: Only what you take with you... your weapons you will not need them....

To me this has always meant that Luke imagined the whole thing because he brought his anger towards Vader for killing Ben and also his weapons and attacked Vader vision.

The corridor is just part of the vision.

10. Gen_Luke_Skywalker

Gen_Luke_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    It does not make sense that the ruins are part of the vision. Why would he need that? It's all about Vader! The way I see it the cave was once a Sith Hide out. Why else would it be full of the Dark side? I am hoping that it will have some sort of explanation in EP3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.