main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cave on Dagobah

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by starwars25, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwars25

starwars25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2004
    I was watching Empire today and noticed the entrance to the "dark side" cave had what seemed to be a actual doorway and not some hole. Any info in EU or otherwise?

2. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Sadly no I don't think this has ever been touched by the EU.

*ahem*

*looks at George's direction*

:D

3. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    In NJO Anakin Solo visited that cave and later Tahiri did. I suppose it has a doorway because the ancients of Dagobah realized the cave showed you whatever you feared most. For Luke, it was how similar he was to vader, for Anakin Solo, it was loosing his friends to the dark side and otherwise, etc etc. Never found out what Tahiri saw...

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Timothy Zahn explains that a dark jedi once died there when he lived on the planet. Eventually there was a battle between him and Yoda and Yoda was the victor. The Dark side is so powerful there because he died in that spot.

It is a subplot in both the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Duology.

Luke went back to the cave and had a new vision in Heir to the Empire.

-Seldon

5. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Yoda fought a Sith or a Dark Jedi in that cave many years before TPM.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The "entrance" is within the trunk of a large tree, which leads to the hole in the ground that leads into the cave.

In the EU, the darkside presence is the aftereffects of a Dark Jedi killed there (though the date when this battle occured hasn't been locked down yet).

7. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Yoda was never on Dagobah before E3. You couldn't be wasting your time more by associating the EU to the films.

8. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Be that as it may, there is STILL going to be alot of time unaccounted for between EP III and ANH/ESB.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Yoda was never on Dagobah before E3.<<

Nothing saying such.

>>You couldn't be wasting your time more by associating the EU to the films.<<

IYO, perhaps. But, it is an answer (not necessarily the answer, depending on one's perspective) to questions for those who want one.

10. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I think it's just a creapy tree that people should stay away from. There this park I used to go to and there was this little hollow and it had a tree and a little hut looking thing near by and I had always called it Dagobah, it even had some fog near, which made it even more cool and I also pretended that I was yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.