main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cave (preTPM, young Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by imzadi, Nov 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Okay, this is the very last bit of the pre-written stuff. I have written the next bit, but it's being beta-d, so it should be ready soon. *Cringe* What was I thinking, four stories at once! At least I haven't started posting the other two. Anyway, here it is:

Still in shock from the apparent death of his Master, Obi-Wan could sense the darkness swirling around him as if it were something tangible. He was alone.
    A voice in his mind suddenly brought him out of his grief.
    //Obi-Wan it?s going to start raining soon. Head back now please.//
    //Master?// Obi-Wan thought confused and still in shock. {He?s alive? I have to get back!} With a new level of determination, Obi-Wan gathered the force around him. He had never force jumped before, but now was as good a time as any to learn.

Back at Yoda?s home, Qui-Gon was beginning to worry, as his apprentice had not yet returned. He did not sense any danger, but it had begun to rain. Just as he was about to go in search of his padawan, Obi-Wan appeared in the doorway.
    ?Obi-Wan! Look at you, you?re drenched. Go and dry yourself off and change into a fresh tunic,? he ordered, returning to his seat. However, his apprentice made no move to change, instead he headed straight for his Master. Without a word, Obi-Wan climbed onto his Master?s lap. Resting his head against the man?s chest, and gripping at the sides of his Master?s tunic, Obi-Wan melted against his Master, seeking the comfort that only his presence could provide. Qui-Gon was surprised to say the least.
    ?Padawan?? he asked gently. ?Did you hurt yourself?? He received no response. In fact Obi-Wan gave no indication that he had even heard him. He continued to lie in his Master?s lap, rising and falling with Qui-Gon?s chest as he breathed, listening to his heartbeat.

TBC

Whoops! Part of that hasn't been beta-d.

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I like Shining Light. I think it fits better.

You better finish this first! Once you finish, THEN you can start on another one.

Edit:
    Sorry, I had posted this at the same time you posted. I love how Obi climbed up in Qui's lap. That was so sweet.

Don't hang your head. You can write more, just don't stop writing on this one!

3. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Yes Mouse2 *hangs head in obedience* I agree I think Shining Light is better. Anybody have any other suggestions? I'll post the next bit when I get up tomorrow. Well it's actually tomorrow now(12:32am), so when I wake up, I'll post it. Ah, holidays, *cough* I mean study leave.

Imzadi

4. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    AWW!!!
    That was so sweet!
    Shining Light is a great name.
    I can't wait for the series to start!

5. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, I'm caught up on this one too, imzadi!!! I agree, "Shining Light" would be a better title. That post was so sweet, so sad!! I'm luvin this story so far!!!

6. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    "(Where's my Jedi Kaylla Norn?:) "

Stuck preparing for finals... (working on my Masters) Masters classses like most can be a real pain at particular times of the year... <grump> <grump> ooopps not supose to grump, provides a bad example... ooooooopps to late...

Like the title, and I like your idea! So, what Obi saw in the cave was Qui's death in TPM... I wonder if that is what he dreamed about too... poor little tyke..

More Please!

7. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks for the replies everyone! More:

Qui-Gon?s concern for his apprentice increased, when he felt tears soaking though his tunic.
    // Padawan?// He called through their bond. At the voice in his head, Obi-Wan jumped. He raised his head and looked at Qui-Gon through tear filled eyes.
    ?Master?? Obi-Wan whispered.
    ?Yes. What happened?? Qui-Gon asked gently, smoothing Obi-Wan?s wet hair from where it stuck to his forehead.
    ?I was walking? then I fell down? I couldn?t get out,? he said, gulping for breath. ?Then? you?died!? he cried, his weeping increasing almost to the point of hysteria.
    ?I died?? he asked, shocked by his apprentice?s statement. Obi-Wan began to nod his head, which had returned to his Master?s chest.
    ?Padawan, I?m right here. Everything is fine,? he said reassuringly, glancing briefly over to Master Yoda who had been watching the exchange.
    ?Obi-Wan,? Yoda began, drawing the attention of the boy, who craned his head to meet the gaze of the ancient Master. ?Fall, you did?? seeing the boy nod, he continued, ?where??
    ?In? a?cave,? the small boy answered. His answer caused his Master?s head to shoot up, looking directly at Master Yoda. His shock was clearly evident. Master Yoda?s surprise was also evident by his eyes widening and his ears pricking up.
    ?A cave, you say,? was all Yoda could say.
    // Master he?s too young!// Qui-Gon sent his old Master through the force.
    // Know this, I do. Far too young for the experience, is he. Traumatised he will be,// Yoda responded, looking sadly at Obi-Wan cradled in his Master?s lap. // Explain to him, we must.// Qui-Gon nodded in agreement, planning how to do just that. His Master had sent him to the cave just before his trials. Even at that age, he had been shaken by the experience.
    ?Obi-Wan, when you fell into the cave, did it feel strange?? He prompted gently.
    ?Yes. It was? cold. I didn?t? like it there,? he answered.
    ?Of the darkside the cave is. A domain of evil, it is,? Yoda explained, crossing the room to stand next to the chair where they sat. He placed a gentle hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder.
    ?Not real, was what you saw. A vision from the darkside it was,? he continued, trying to use terms the boy would understand.
    ?So Master?is going to? die,? Obi-Wan concluded, from the mention of the word vision. He had experienced a few before, but never anything like that.
    ?Some day I will Obi-Wan and become one with the force. But I plan on sticking around for a while. What you saw is not real, only what you fear. It is only natural to be afraid of such a thing,? Qui-Gon soothed. Obi-Wan nodded against his chest.
    ?Why don?t you show us what you saw?? Jinn asked hoping it would help.
    ?Uh-uh,? Obi-Wan responded, shaking his head.
    ?Why not?? His Master asked sensitively.
    ?It?s ucky,? came the muffled response.
    ?Feel better you would, if show us you did. Help you we can,? Yoda intoned. Silently they waited for Obi-Wan to decide. Eventually he agreed, and lowered the shields that surrounded his mind.

TBC

8. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Wow... That was good! ...poor little obi. Thanks for the post! This story makes for great study breaks!

:~)

9. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oooh, This is cool.

10. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks! The rest is at the beta's, so I should be able to post more tomorrow. It's actually finished now, but it may need some more. So you'll just have to stay tuned, and uh, maybe, if you want to, you could, ah, post. If you feel you need to. *g* Must go, stories to write etc. Bye.

Imzadi

11. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Okay here is the next bit. There will be more after this. Enjoy!

Later, Qui-Gon and Yoda sat in companionable silence after witnessing Obi-Wan?s vision for themselves. The ordeal had reduced Obi-Wan to tears once again, and he had cried himself to sleep in his Master?s lap.
    ?Powerful vision, that was,? Yoda stated, mindful not to wake Obi-Wan.
    ?Mmm-Hmm,? Qui-Gon agreed, looking down at his Padawan cradled in his lap, still grasping firmly onto his tunic.
    ?Resisted the darkness he did. Nothing but light in his heart, does he have. A powerful Jedi he will be,? Yoda continued.
    ?I?m worried about how this will affect him,? Qui-Gon said frankly.
    ?Strong is he. But young he still is. Need you he will,? Master Yoda explained. As if on cue, Obi-Wan let out a small whimper, and pulled on his Master?s tunic. His small face scrunched in response to a dream.
    ?Ssh, it?s alright Padawan,? Qui-Gon soothed, as he gently rubbed the boy?s back. Obi-Wan relaxed visibly and entered a dreamless sleep. Yoda smiled at the tender exchange.
    ?Seems it does, that need him as well, you do,? Yoda commented. Qui-Gon rose his gaze to meet his former Master?s, and smiled. True, he thought.
    ?Now, rest you need,? Yoda ordered.
    ?Yes Master.?
    ?Wake you I will when ready our dinner is,? Yoda said as he trotted off to prepare the meal. Not wanting to disturb his apprentice, Jinn decided to sleep where they were. He found Obi-Wan?s presence oddly comforting, and drifted off into a restful sleep, his arms wrapped protectively around his Padawan.

TBC

12. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Awwww.... that was sweet, so how did they convice obi to let them see, and why didn't he want to show them, and what will happen now and....

<furvently looks around> Oh, no! here they come.... I have to go before my books catch me.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, to late.... ouch! hey stop that....Help need more posts to rescue me...

13. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm sorry but I haven't written any more yet. But I will, don't worry.

Imzadi

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was really sweet! Poor Obi! Having to go through something like that so young!

Hope you have another post for us soon!

15. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I just discovered this wonderful story and I happy I did, I love it. Poor little Obi seeing such disturbing images. Qui-Gon and Yoda handled the situation very well.

Btw... I love the new title and the idea for the series, I look forward to reading more!

16. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Awwwww.. how cute!!! You do a wonderful job with the interaction between Qui and Obi, imzadi!!! It's so sweet!!

I hope Obi's going to come out of this okay!

17. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Aw thanks guys, *sniff*. I really appreciate that. More later.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally made it here and I just gotta tell you how much I love this.

I love stories that deal with Qui-Gon taking Obi-Wan as an apprentice as a younger boy then the JA books.

The relationship you show the boys to have is so endearing. And I'm thrilled that there's a series in mind.

19. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Aw thanks Healer Leona! I better go write some more, shouldn't I? More as I write.

Imzadi

20. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    The last bit is being betad, so it should be ready in a few hours. It will be the last post, but I still plan on doing a series. Which one do you want first? I typed a list of ideas on the previous page.

I just finished my other story too. (The Pain of Love - go read it : ) I'm actually going to start posting another story I've been working on called "Tears of the Sleepless," so keep an eye out for that in the next few days.

Well as I said, more soon!

Imzadi

21. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Well here it is, *sniff*. I should be starting another of the series in few days. (I need posts here as encouragement ;) Thanks those who read this, I really appreciate it. I hope you've enjoyed this, and will read my stuff in the future (especially my series *g*). Well, here goes:

The next morning they prepared for the journey back to the ship. Obi-Wan had experienced several nightmares the night before, and everyone was a little tired. After eating breakfast, they gathered their packs, and set off for the ship. The events of the previous day seemingly forgotten, Obi-Wan was walking along a log a few metres ahead of Yoda and his Master.
    //Trying to forget, he is,// Master Yoda sent Qui-Gon through the force.
    //Would that be such a bad thing Master?// Jinn asked in return.
    //Able to forget so easily, he will not be. More pain in his future will it cause, if represses the memory he does, // Yoda continued.

Oblivious to the conversation behind him, Obi-Wan continued walking along the log, in the way only a child could. Hearing a noise in the foliage, he looked up. Spying a bird similar to the one he had seen yesterday, Obi-Wan froze as he once again recalled his vision.

Jumping off the log, Obi-Wan headed back to his Master, warily glancing over his shoulder every few steps. When he reached Qui-Gon?s side, he extended his small hand to the elder Jedi. Without hesitation Qui-Gon took the boy?s hand in his own. Together they walked back to the ship in silence as Yoda observed them.

After lifting off the planet, Qui-Gon contemplated what he had seen of Obi-Wan?s vision, as he programmed the coordinates for their return trip. The vision had been vague, as most were. But that did not necessarily mean it was accurate. Indeed most visions from the cave were considered false, merely a production of one?s own mind. If anything, it made Qui-Gon realise how important Obi-Wan was to him. The prospect of leaving him had never occurred to Jinn.

As small whimper brought Qui-Gon out of his reverie. Entering the sleep quarters he shared with Obi-Wan, he found the boy huddled on his bed.

//Padawan?// Qui-Gon asked, as he placed a gentle hand on Obi-Wan?s head.
    //I don?t want you to die,// he replied.
    //Padawan listen to me,// Jinn began as he crouched down, to look his apprentice directly in the eyes. // One day it will be my time to become one with the force, no one can change that. But know that I love you, and that I will always be with you.// Qui-Gon told him, realising what he said was true.
    //But what I saw?// Obi-Wan started, before he heard his Master?s voice through the force.
    //I?ll let you in on a little secret,// he began, // I went into that cave when I was much older than you are now. Do you know what I saw? I saw my own Master, Master Yoda, he died,// Qui-Gon explained. Seeing Obi-Wan?s wide eyes he continued.
    //That hasn?t happened yet. I doubt it will any time soon. You see, what we both saw are only our fears of might be, not what is. The visions are meant to test us, to push our limits, and to tell us things about ourselves. Do you understand?//
    He concluded.
    //I think so,// Obi-Wan replied, still processing what his Master had told him. Enveloping Obi-Wan in a hug, Qui-Gon sat with for awhile before Obi-Wan spoke up again.
    ?I love you too Master.?

THE END

22. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    THE END?! Oh, my I was hoping it would last longer.... well I guess I'll just have to start begging you to post your series..... Soooooooo Please Post it!

;~)

23. Ibis

Ibis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    Aww. How cute:)

24. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm sorry, there only meant to be short stories. Does it need more? *looks around nervously* Thanks.

Imzadi

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very sweet Imzadi, I'll be watching for more from you. Now I'd better go check out The Pain of Love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.