main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA The Celebration 4 Travel Information Thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediFarfy, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Oh man what a disaster the hotel bookings were [face_frustrated] Everything was pretty much gone in about 10 minutes. Finally gave up trying to get one and went with my backup's backup and called them directly. Of course now I'm like 15 blocks away (give or take a few) :_|, but I went from about 220.00 a night down to 180.00 [face_plain]

2. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I figured everything would book instantly. I'll work on finding a good hotel with good prices. Are you willing to share a room?

JediFarfy

3. wookiesrus

Sep 27, 2004
    So long as I can sneak everyone in [face_laugh]

If needed I can call the Hotel back and change some of the information. Right now the room I have has 1 King in it.

4. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    LOL! Hey, I can sleep in a bathtub! [face_laugh]

I'm actually looking at a couple of different, and closer hotels that are reasonable. We can cram everyone into a few rooms. Right now at the numbers we have, I'm thinking 4 rooms, unless we get more in numbers. I work the next two nights so I can't get a whole lot done, but I WILL be posting rates and availability for hotels this weekend.

If things are booking up at this hotel, I'm going to book 5 rooms. Thanks Capital One for giving me more money! [face_peace]

Oh, and also, are we all thinking of going to Disneyland. If we do, we'll have to go before. First, other groups are going before and it would be awesome to join them. Second, our fearless leader has her final finals after the convention, and she needs her degree to get the hell out of retail!

Other details:
    - When to arrive? The night before or the day of?
    - Different hotels for Disneyland and C4? Most hotels will arrange for Disneyland transportaion, but with traffic, it could take a while to actually get there.

I'll check out flights too. I'm not anticipating enought people flying through Seattle to LA so the flights should be open.

JediFarfy

5. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    As long as I am at the convention, I am not caring what happens. :p
    I'll go along with what everyone else wants and pay my part. :p

And if everyone wants to do Disneyland after, I am okay with that. Don't change your schedules for me. :)

6. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Update, as promised!

Here's what I have:

-I have a hotel in my favorites that is still available. The rate is very reasonable, buand there is just 2 double beds. So, sharing a room with more than one other person would mean sharing a bed. Note that I'm checking rates as though we would arrive the day before and leave the next day after the convention. That makes it 6 nights. The rates for this hotel are $75/night for the cheapest room, or $513 and some change for 6 nights per room. There are bigger rooms with more beds. For example, a Double w/3 Twins is two connecting rooms with one double bed and three twin beds, a shared bathroom, tv, etc. That one is just $95/night.

-Flights are available right now for most airlines at around $340+, depending. I still don't want to fly United or Alaskan, but that's up to the group, not me. Southwest reservations are not available online right now, but a check on prices for the latest I could (early March) show them about $100 less that the other carriers.

JediFarfy

7. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I have no problem with United (wary of Alaskan) because I have had only good experiences with them. And Pooh Man, who works there, offered to get good rates for us. :)

8. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    I'd be happy to sleep in a tub or something (basically need a place to change and store stuff) will pay my part!

9. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Alrighty, do we want to get a room together or not? JediFarfy would like it confirmed ASAP so she knows whether to reserve a room or not. I am okay going with the room she suggested. Anyone else want to participate in that?

10. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    i would (assuming you are refering to all male and female members of ES)

11. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

If I go at all, I will get a room myself. I can snore up a storm when not sleeping in my own bed.

Plus I am going to stay at the Bonaventure, it is a great hotel about 7 blocks away, but I just love the place.

12. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    so I like the idea of discount airfair regardless of which airlines it is.... " hook it up pooh!"

13. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    I agree

14. wookiesrus

Sep 27, 2004
    More power to everyone flying down there. Personally I can't stand it. I would rather drive from one coast to the other rather than fly.

Driving straight down there will take about 16 hours...give or take traffic and pit stops. I'm gonna add about 2 more hours on top of that to stop off at my last base and visit some friends at my old shop. It'll be a long haul, but it'll be fun. I just love to drive for some reason.

15. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I have to fly. I can't make it to Tacoma without feeling sick. Stupid motion sickness.

JediFarfy

16. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    The only way I am getting on a plane is heavily medicated. [face_dancing]

17. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    *waves hand* I need no medication... I love to fly!
    Discount air sounds great to me!

18. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, I hope Yvette mentioned I was interested if possible in sharing with you guys. I really want to go to C4, but cannot afford to stay on my own and a lot of my friends aren't gonna make it this time. :(

So anyways, but Yvette has met me irl, and I'm not TOO scary, and I would of course pay my share.

I also love flying, though I haven't done a whole lot of it, only since this summer. :p

19. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Awesome. I've definitely thrown you into our plans. :D

Ok, so here's my list of peoples in my head. PLEASE post if you want in on a room.

Me
    JediYvette
    Ammers
    Connemara
    Maco
    Paul
    Jon

Anyone else? If I'm missing a name, I swear I'm sorry. It's late and my coffee's worn off. :_|

JediFarfy

20. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Last I heard, Jon was getting his own room, so we don't need to worry about him. I don't even think its in the same hotel or area. :p

21. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i will try my best :)

22. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Pooh-y!!! THANK YOU!! :D

23. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    In regards to flights, I have very little experience, but I had a TERRIBLE experience with Northwest. It cancelled my flight, didn't notify me, rescheduled me, didn't notify me, I had a day knocked off my trip, they were rude about it, it was a nightmare. My mom's boss at work told her his experience with Northwest was just as terrible.

I personally fell in love with Air Canada, but I imagine they don't go to LA. :p Short of that, I'll prolly fly southwest.

24. wookiesrus

Sep 27, 2004
    Only 196 more days to go :_|

25. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ugh, must get credit cards paid down.... must...

JediFarfy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.