main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Celebration III Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I was so excited when I noticed that the CIII site (www.starwarscelebration.com) had finally changed today. But, no guest announcements yet... They just added some info about fan club tables, collector's panels and the Costume Pageant & Costume Cabaret.

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah!! They finally announced what the CIII figure will be. Check it out here. We'll definitely be getting a few of this one.

~Doc_Bev

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Silly me I've been watching the official site daily for updates (specifically a guest list) and I just found out that 4 days ago the guest list was posted to www.officialpix.com (the folks that are running the autograph segment of CIII). Nobody listed to get me super excited yet though...

I was also reading that Anthony Daniels won't be available to MC and they replaced him with Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho).

~Doc_Bev

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just found out about this page...

Not only does it have the most up-to-date guest list, but it also shows how many coupons are needed for each person's autograph.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I was just going to post about the Celebration at CIII, but HothGirl beat me to it.

We got our tickets a few minutes ago. Looks like it should be fun!

~Doc_Bev

7. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Hopefully it will be!

Wasn't sure if you were still up, otherwise I'd have let you post. ;)

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, unforunately the little guy is just being rocked to sleep now (11:45pm)...

At least he gets in to CIII (and the party) for free!

~Doc_Bev

9. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Yay for free! :)

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sandtrooper Invasion
    Gentle Giant unveils the exclusive CIII bust. It will be the Sandtrooper Corporal.
    I hope I can snag one of these while I'm at CIII. They're limited to 2500.

~Doc_Bev

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Guess what we got in the mail today...

Our CIII badges!!!

Of course they shorted us a Vader topper, but that's better than shorting us a badge or something.
    Off to email GenCon about my topper!

~Doc_Bev

12. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    *grumbles*

No badge for me yet. D'oh...

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just remembered to check this thread. It lists all the guests for CIII, not just the media ones from the Official Pix site.

Also I just happened to check www.starwarscelebration.com and noticed that rooms had opened up at 3 of the attached hotels for today only. So we managed to move a little closer to the "action" which will be so much easier for us and the little one. See this article for more details.

~Doc_Bev

14. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    First congrats to Nikki on her promotion to CR.

now, I'd like to propose the "Great C3 Caravan" again to you folks.

For anyone who doesn't know, we are putting together a mulit FF convoy to C3. It was to start in Philadelphia, but either they weren't interested or their folks are flying.

So, now we are officially departig from Pittsburgh.

the time han't been determined yet other than it will be the Wednesday right before C3. We will be driving from Pittsburgh to Columbus where we will meet-up with folks from Cleveland, WV and or course Columbus's FF's. You can either come to Pittsburgh first or just meet us in Columbus. Your choice.

Even though the time hasn't been exactly determined (though we are having a disucssion at present on the Pittsburgh boards), we do expect to leave relatively early that Wednesday. I'm pushing for 5am myself. (So you can see where you might just want to meet us in Columbus first)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, please feel free to post ideas here and PLEASe PM me as well so I can incorporate them into the other city threads.

I'll be making special "Great C3 Caravan" Automobile window poster to put in you car/truck windows, so that we can readily identify one another.

Thanks and we look forward to meeting you folks.

-Sal
    Public Relations Liaison
    Pittsburgh Fanforce
    Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sal - We're still on board for this. I even posted a question in the Buffalo board (since we have to pass right through there anyway) to see if they were interested.

There's no way we'd make it to Pittsburgh before you leave, so we're definitely thinking Ohio. We're going to be passing through Cleveland first. Is that a stopping point or are the Cleveland folks just meeting with everyone else in Columbus?

So I guess as long as we know the meeting time for Columbus then we'll plan our departure time accordingly.

We're definitely going to put signs on our vehicles to show that we're part of the caravan!

~Doc_Bev

16. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hmmm, you might want to contact the Cleveland folks and start up a northern arm of the Great C3 Caravan, then we can all meet-up in Columbus and go from there!

Glad to see you are on board with this. And it will be good to see you the hubby and baby again.

Anyone else from your group coming?

-Sal

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, the Buffalo gang is doing its own thing so we won't worry about hooking up with them. I'll see if anyone responds to the post in the Cleveland thread to see if we should stop there first or just go straight for Columbus.

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  19. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    this thread moves kinda slow here! i thought i'd stop in here and check out the buzz on cIII with you guys. I can't wait! gonna be a long 3 weeks.

DocBev, how many kids did you say you and your husband have? i noticed some activities on the schedule that sound cool for kids. my son would have loved it but this is going to be dad's mini vacation from reality.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, there's only a couple of us who post here that are actually going, so it does move kinda slow.

We only have the one son so far. But we're also bringing my younger sister to babysit for us. I'll have to make sure to look at the schedule again for the kids stuff and have her bring him to the events for me. Thanks for pointing that out - I was selfishly looking at the schedule with only myself in mind! :p And thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to have more folks to chat with on FF.

~Doc_Bev

21. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    i've stopped by here before to see what you guys are all about. and i know Jeff B the godzilla freak.

i'm hoping, at some point, everyone going from Rochester can get together. hopefully none of the guys i'm traveling with will be anti-social. i was a little embarassed by some of the comments made on rebelscum. as Neal(Darth Rayne) said best, everyone has their own way of expressing fandom.

22. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Madperry,
    Glad you stopped by to the forums. I hope we can get to know you guys a little better as overall you seem like a really great bunch. I am going to C3 as well and I can't wait to get there! It would be nice to hang with some other Rocheter folks at the biggest Star Wars party in the world! When are you guys departing? Assuming you are all traveling together...

Duane
    TD-2709
    Northeast Remnant
    501st Legion

23. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    i'm going with 3 other local guys. we're leaving that wednesday night and should be arriving very early in the morning. from that point, there really is no plan.

are you going by yourself? do you have your nights planned yet?

24. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    btw, is the sandtrooper your costume?

25. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Madperry,
    Yeah, I have the Sandtrooper Costume, I also have a Scout Trooper/Biker Scout Costume. Right now my plan is to leave on Wednesday around 9-10 A.M. Thursday night - No current plan that I can think of.
    Friday Night - 501st/Rebel Legion/Fan Force party
    Saturday Night - Celebration @ Celebration III
    Sunday Night - No current plan that I can think of.

What were the guys plans? Are you guys staying close to the convention center?

Talk to ya soon,
    Duane
    TD-2709

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.