main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Celebration III Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    BTW- I'm going down with my wife.. And we are staying close to Darren (Knightshade) and Nicky (Doc_Bev). So I guess were not really going alone. We are also meeting some friends who are coming in from Tennesee. Hpe to get a chance to meet you guys down there.

Duane

2. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    thursday night might be good. i'll talk to the fellas. in addition to the guys i'm going with, there are also 4 other Rochester peeps i know that are going. Dan Curto is one of them. he does content on Rebelscum.

3. TC0620

TC0620 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Looks like I'll be going too. Probably be tagging along with Duane(TD-027) and the other Rochester folks :) Wouldn't be suprised if I meet more rochester folks on the way there, than I met here so far (since the toy show was my first time trooping!)

4. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    It sounds like everyone's plans for C3 are set. Are everyone's costumes done? Mine aren't. But, no one is suprised about that.

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Costumes done...yeah right.

The one I really wanted done won't get done either. Ah well, I'll have fun with what I'm brining/finishing.

6. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I just caught this:
    George Lucas to Attend Celebration III!

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/04/news20050405c.html

7. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    it's good news. i'm looking forward to it.

you guys that have costumes, are you planning on wearing those all day-every day? i think knightshade might pass out in that chewie suit!

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    My Jedi robes are comfortable enough to wear all day, but I think we'll only be doing costumes 2-3 days and then club t-shirts the other 1-2. Once KnightShade gets the fans reinstalled in the mask he should be good to go.

~Doc_Bev

9. -KnightShade-

May 18, 2004
    Even so - I won't likely wear the costume all of the time. I'm planning on running it by ear - seeing how lines are - etc.

10. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Madperry,
    I don't plan on being in costume all the time, I want to be able to do at least half of the con in comfort :).

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    D!
    Call Me!
    We must coordinate a meeting for coffee..java...well you'll drink the java and I'll have milk or something. Maybe chocolate..mmmm chocolate...

12. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    C-III?[face_devil]
    Watch out for Chaos!:cool:

13. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm getting directions for the stop in Columbus for those participating in the Great C3 caravan. Check this thread for directions and/or a link in the next couple of days.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16910930&start=19199192

Also, I'll have teh Graphic for your car window poster available for download in a couple of days as well. Same link as above for that too.

-Sal

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks Sal! I'll keep a lookout for the info.

Also, I just noticed that pre-orders for autograph coupons ends this Saturday!

~Doc_Bev

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Here it is folks, the directions for the Great C3 Caravan!

One cool bit of news too, one of the Columbus FF members (Chris Spears aka lazer310) will meet us at the stop on Wednesday to greet us! he will be meeting the Pittsburgh group at or close to 9:30 am. For those who may be coming later, contact lazer310 @ http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=239876 (his profile where you can PM him, if you want him to meet you as well.

From Pittsburgh:
    Leaving from the Waterfront, go to 376W to 279S to 79S to 70W
    We will be on 70W for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Take the 91B exit which is approx 2-3 west of Columbus.
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From Cleveland:
    71S to 270W to 70W to EXIT 91B
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From WV:
    Your choice where to start but I'm told by Chris (he had a relative in WV) to take:
    60N to 70W to EXIT 91B

This is to Columbus only (after that it's a straight shot to Indy.)

For those of us staying next to the Convention Center in one of the connected hotels, here is a link to Mapquest for a more detailed look at downtown Indy. Choose from here where you want to exit the freeway: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=Indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=&searchtab=home

To avoid Indy traffic, it looks like the 79B exit off of 70W is the closest to the convention center.

Sorry I don'thave the directions from Rochester to Cleveland. But I suspect Nicky knows the way or will easily find out.

Okay folks so make your plans!!!

-Sal

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think getting to Columbus by 9:30am is going to be way too early for us unfortunately. I'll have to do some calculations, but I think we were really pushing it trying to get to Cleveland by 9am-ish.

~Doc_Bev

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    That's fine. If you want the number to the fellow in Columbus, either PM me or him in the link above. I know he'll be meeting us earlier folk, but he may be able to jaunt out there a few hours later to meet "yinz" <--a Pittsburgh word meaning "you all", later.

I've got to get cracking on the window graphic. I've got it basically done, just need to upload it to my geocities account.

Nicky, if you want, I can just e-mail it too you. LMK, by PM.

-Sal

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks like it's going to be quite rainy during our stay in Indy. I hope most of the lines are inside this time...

~Doc_Bev

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm definitely going to want to get most of these prints. They all look awesome. I hope they're not all $30 a piece though...

~Doc_Bev

20. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'll keep an eye out for you guys! I'm sure we won't be able to miss Darren!

21. -KnightShade-

May 18, 2004
    With 30,000 people there - I have to imagine that it may be possible to miss a wookiee ;-)

If not before - I'm sure that we'll see you at the 501st/FF/RL party.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It's 5:30am here - one last check before heading out for CIII. Everyone play nice while I'm gone! :D

~Doc_Bev

23. -KnightShade-

May 18, 2004
    WooHoo - were here and survived the first day!

Internet access is more limited than we hoped - but we have managed to find one wireless hotspot to sneak to for a little bit.

We'll get pics up early next week.

24. havok735

havok735 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    Grats to everyone who was able to go. I have been so freaking busy recently (and poor) that there was no way I could swing it. :(

Hope everyone is having a lot of fun!

25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah I could not go either, that's why I celebrate all I can whenever locally and especially in May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.